No, Most people do not want to play pool on big pockets.

For players and not home recreational bangers: Pro Cut Pockets or Buckets?

• Total voters

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It tells me an answer: Players prefer Pro Cut pockets. I dont care about speculating this or that. No one was talking about rec players.
You are side tracking the conversation to try to be right about something.
Who gives a $$h1T????
Why are we even talking about this anymore??
I could make a TON more money working in the rec player market and simply have no interest in that or talking about rec players or rec tables.

Trent

You've been working on pool tables for 7 years and in that time frame, you needed a SURVEY to confirm your suspicions that PLAYERS like tighter pockets???? It was NO secret 38 years ago that players liked tighter pockets!!!

And guess what? The PLAYERS here on AZB like pockets tighter than 4 1/2"....so what does that tell you? Is that why you only gave a choice of 5" OR 4 1/2"? So as to be more RIGHT about your suspicions???? Someone who DON'T give a shit....don't start surveys!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You've been working on pool tables for 7 years and in that time frame, you needed a SURVEY to confirm your suspicions that PLAYERS like tighter pockets???? It was NO secret 38 years ago that players liked tighter pockets!!!

And guess what? The PLAYERS here on AZB like pockets tighter than 4 1/2"....so what does that tell you? Is that why you only gave a choice of 5" OR 4 1/2"? So as to be more RIGHT about your suspicions???? Someone who DON'T give a shit....don't start surveys!!

Get outside and burn some energy :)

Trent

P.s. I said Pro Cut or Buckets. Where does anything tighter come into play? It does not, the poll was very specific.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Someone asked about buckets, so I am bumping this thread so he can vote for them.... Not that it will make a difference in percentages....

Trent

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You don't think this poll is definitive by any means do you, like 150 people voted?

It definitely says something about PLAYERS and tight pockets, but, it does not "prove" anything.

When thinking about the subject I take these things into consideration as well: I ask people who I play pool with and they want to play on tight tables, talk to many many people who are looking to buy a table that call me, my actual customers who buy them and the fact that Diamond is the best selling table amongst PLAYERS in the world right now.

All these things add up to base my opinion on and it is this: Most players do want to play on tables with Pro Cut( or tighter) tables. As the poll states, I am not talking about recreational/ casual/ bangers.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It definitely says something about PLAYERS and tight pockets, but, it does not "prove" anything.

When thinking about the subject I take these things into consideration as well: I ask people who I play pool with and they want to play on tight tables, talk to many many people who are looking to buy a table that call me, my actual customers who buy them and the fact that Diamond is the best selling table amongst PLAYERS in the world right now.

All these things add up to base my opinion on and it is this: Most players do want to play on tables with Pro Cut( or tighter) tables. As the poll states, I am not talking about recreational/ casual/ bangers.

Trent from Toledo

Who gives a shit? Most PLAYERS will play on pool tables with ANY size pockets if there's a reason to, even you will. I doubt half the people who voted even own a pool table at home, so this poll serves what purpose? You already knew what the outcome was going to be before you posted the start of the poll, so really.....what did YOU get out of it? I got nothing, and I doubt anyone else did either!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Who gives a shit? Most PLAYERS will play on pool tables with ANY size pockets if there's a reason to, even you will. I doubt half the people who voted even own a pool table at home, so this poll serves what purpose? You already knew what the outcome was going to be before you posted the start of the poll, so really.....what did YOU get out of it? I got nothing, and I doubt anyone else did either!

The poll had nothing to do with who owns a table. It gave me one more piece of data.😅 all good!! Get outside you rowdy ole snake!!

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The poll had nothing to do with who owns a table. It gave me one more piece of data.😅 all good!! Get outside you rowdy ole snake!!

Trent from Toledo

I'm selling a dead horse, its perfect for that new saddle of yours. You may not be able to ride the dead horse with your new saddle, but you can still sit on it....and the horse is priced to sell.....free!!

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
No, Most people do not want to play pool on big pockets. Older generations might, but, that does not mean everyone else wants that.

The Game has changed across the board!!

From my experience in the field and selling pool tables all over the country I have found from that data this: More people prefer a Pro Cut Pocket:4.5" corners and 5" sides.

Diamonds come standard this way and the 7' Diamond is one of the best selling pool tables in the business. The new Rasson tables come with the Pro Cut as well.

Not to mention the tons of threads on AZB about tightening pockets.

I am interested to see how the poll does.

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Does not matter to me. I don't focus much anymore on making balls. Mostly on stroke mechanics. Balls naturally fall with good mechanics in any pocket. In competition, both players have the same size pocket so no one has the advantage unless you are the one focusing on stroke instead of making balls.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Does not matter to me. I don't focus much anymore on making balls. Mostly on stroke mechanics. Balls naturally fall with good mechanics in any pocket. In competition, both players have the same size pocket so no one has the advantage unless you are the one focusing on stroke instead of making balls.

What I've said for 50 years, smaller pockets don't make you a better player, practice does!