Searing Tips review

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was pretty surprised there was not a thread here about them, but I'm sure there are some in the main section.

Just had a Soft Dennis Searing tip put on an OB shaft.

Played for about 3 hours with it just banging around and 4 gambling sets (to make sure I focused LOL).

Is it Soft like a Kamui Black or like a Soft k-tech (Renfro) tip, no. It feels like a Medium Kamui Black. I actually wish I played with the standard Kamui to compare it to, I have a felling it will be close to a Soft Kamui standard tip.

Hit feels good, but not great for my taste. It's a bit too firm for a Soft IMHO. I like my soft tips to be more like an eraser and this one was firmer, I did not feel the same give on the hit as I did with several other soft tips.

So it's a step behind a Kamui Soft Black for me.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have to say i am the exception (see my thread in the main forum )
but for the first few hours the precision soft was the greatest tip ever regarding the amount of draw/ spiin i coudl generate
after that it it started glazing alot and i eventually cut it off for a g2 soft
again my experience is not what many others have reported

Last edited:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member

but for the first few hours the precision sift was the greatest tip ever regarding the amount of draw/ spiin i coudl generate

What kind of chalk do you use?

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
master blue

Well many have debated new masters blue vs pre Flag masters. I believe new masters blue doesn't have as much abrasive grit as its former counter part. Try a different chalk with a higher abrasive content. I often find those that have glazing problems with tips often use the "softer" chalks that have gained popularity in recent years. JMO/YMMV

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well many have debated new masters blue vs pre Flag masters. I believe new masters blue doesn't have as much abrasive grit as its former counter part. Try a different chalk with a higher abrasive content. I often find those that have glazing problems with tips often use the "softer" chalks that have gained popularity in recent years. JMO/YMMV

appreciate your helpfull comments
and i dont want to side track the thread so i will say this and then you can pm me f you wish
i have always used masters chalk for the last 5 years
using g2 for almost 2 years
no glazing problem

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently had a Precision medium installed and haven't made a final decision on my impression, but one observation is that I find the medium to be soft and so far it has required regular reshaping.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
appreciate your helpfull comments
and i dont want to side track the thread so i will say this and then you can pm me f you wish
i have always used masters chalk for the last 5 years
using g2 for almost 2 years
no glazing problem

There is nothing wrong with Master's. Good stuff. As for the tip thanks for the review. Like everything a tip is a personal choice.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Playing with a medium and like it. Some minor mushrooming, but that is easy to fix.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put a medium on a month ago, pretty good tip. Haven't had any issues, it reminds me of the old Moori's

MalibuMike

Banned
Searing tips are Awesome!

I like them better then Moori, Tailsmen, any Zan or Kamui..........
I play with a Medium and it has just gotten better with age!
Try using the new Taom Chalk, it is amazing, better then Kamui .98 and Zero Mess on CB or Table!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
but for the first few hours the precision soft was the greatest tip ever regarding the amount of draw/ spiin i coudl generate

Last edited:

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first experience with the Precision soft (on a Revo) was not good. Constantly miscued with it. Maybe I got a bad one. I wanted it to work out as they look like a great tip and modestly priced. I play with someone that has a Precision on his TS. He plays great with it. Went back to a Predator Victory.

Had the same experience with the soft. Cut it off. Have 2 other shafts with mediums, and they are fine, but seem hard to me for a medium tip.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Precision S tip

I had the exact same experience. Started off great then just kept glazing over and would miscue unless you constantly manicured it.

Switched over to a Kamui Black Soft and so far so good.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was using the medium on a 314-3 and really liked it. When I bought the Revo I played with the factory Victory and it played well till it fell apart. I was talked into trying a hard and hate it. I’m going to have it cut off and install a medium ASAP

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was using the medium on a 314-3 and really liked it. When I bought the Revo I played with the factory Victory and it played well till it fell apart. I was talked into trying a hard and hate it. I’m going to have it cut off and install a medium ASAP

Medium Victory?