Cool aiming vid............

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good video yes. Happy i don't have all that to worry about all that anymore though

Me too. :D

Actually I never used traditional fractional aiming (the "quarters system") because of the guesswork it involved. But now, having solved the old guesswork problem, I find fractional aiming to be very effective and very easy to learn.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too. :D

Actually I never used traditional fractional aiming (the "quarters system") because of the guesswork it involved. But now, having solved the old guesswork problem, I find fractional aiming to be very effective and very easy to learn.

So what your saying is that you ignore about 99% of the useless aiming theories posted on this site! Kind of like fake news isn’t it! Good for you.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
So what your saying is that you ignore about 99% of the useless aiming theories posted on this site! Kind of like fake news isn’t it! Good for you.

Lol....I sure don't waist much time on any aiming system or theory that doesn't immediately work when I first start trying it. To me, aiming systems are tools to help beginner or below average players become more consistent shot makers. Or for players that have trouble with a specific shot but do well otherwise. With all the different systems/theories available they can surely find one here that will help with that shot.

I like knowing things, learning things. So I usually try about every aiming system I see posted here, despite how rediculous and obviously faulty some of them are. If it relies on experience to get it to work, then it's no better than rote/ghostball. Anyone with a good stroke and good observation skills can quickly and easily weed out the useless theories.

I try them all because other asker players often ask for help or advice, and I like to be able to give them several options, hoping one might click for them.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Lol....I sure don't waist much time on any aiming system or theory that doesn't immediately work when I first start trying it. To me, aiming systems are tools to help beginner or below average players become more consistent shot makers. Or for players that have trouble with a specific shot but do well otherwise. With all the different systems/theories available they can surely find one here that will help with that shot.

I like knowing things, learning things. So I usually try about every aiming system I see posted here, despite how rediculous and obviously faulty some of them are. If it relies on experience to get it to work, then it's no better than rote/ghostball. Anyone with a good stroke and good observation skills can quickly and easily weed out the useless theories.

I try them all because other asker players often ask for help or advice, and I like to be able to give them several options, hoping one might click for them.
Well, anyone with good stroke and good observation skills really do not need aiming systems. They just see the shot.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Pro-One aiming is to be used at all times. Helps everyone that uses it become more consistent shot makers. Several above average Pro's using it and more learning to use it

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet he doesn't ignore Poolology though.
Poolology is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L.............since of course he invented it, wrote a book about it, sells it here online,, and his forum buddies praise it.
:rotflmao1:

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, anyone with good stroke and good observation skills really do not need aiming systems. They just see the shot.

I don't know... Being able to deliver the cue straight through the cb is a different skill than being able to aim or align the cb to where it needs to be in order to the pocket the ball.

Once a player is able to deliver the cue properly it becomes easier to learn how to aim, as long as the player pays attention to where he is aiming and where the ob goes as a result. With ghostball or traditional fractions or contact points, or about any other method that requires guestimation or trial and error, it'll take few hundred or a few thousand hours of practice before he reaches a level of just knowing the shots as soon as he them.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro-One aiming is to be used at all times. Helps everyone that uses it become more consistent shot makers. Several above average Pro's using it and more learning to use it

That's because it provides a consistent approach/PSR for every shot.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll bet he doesn't ignore Poolology though.
Poolology is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L.............since of course he invented it, wrote a book about it, sells it here online,, and his forum buddies praise it.
:rotflmao1:

Correct. :grin: Brookland Bill specifically mentioned "useless" systems. After 35+ years of playing pool, I find it quick and easy to differentiate between something I can use (because it works on its own) and something I can't use (because it doesn't work without making it work). I'm sure for some players feel ghostball or contact points work easier than fractions, or vice versa. To each their own. If you don't try them all for at least 15min then you really can't make the determination that one works better or worse than another.

I know when I tell someone, "Aim right here", then point to a spot on the rail or a spot on the ob, they usually have no trouble sending the cb straight to that spot. That's the usefulness of Poolology. But it does involve some thinking, so it's definitely not for everyone.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Just in case we forget what this thread is about.

He has some really good information on his channel which can be used for pool or snooker, I have watched a lot of his material.:smile:

I agree. Those snooker vids are great for pool players too. However, the fractional aiming he shows is old school trial and error that takes quite a bit of experience before you develop consistency.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know when I tell someone, "Aim right here", then point to a spot on the rail or a spot on the ob, they usually have no trouble sending the cb straight to that spot. That's the usefulness of Poolology. But it does involve some thinking, so it's definitely not for everyone.

Ever run into someone right eye dominate but lining up with the left eye, they ain't sending the cb to the proper spot.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I don't know... Being able to deliver the cue straight through the cb is a different skill than being able to aim or align the cb to where it needs to be in order to the pocket the ball.

Once a player is able to deliver the cue properly it becomes easier to learn how to aim, as long as the player pays attention to where he is aiming and where the ob goes as a result. With ghostball or traditional fractions or contact points, or about any other method that requires guestimation or trial and error, it'll take few hundred or a few thousand hours of practice before he reaches a level of just knowing the shots as soon as he them.
Tor Lowry recommends shooting certain shots some 30 times in a row to make it " automatic ".

Delivering the cue properly takes hundreds and hundreds of practice shots.
People shouldn't even mess with aiming systems till they shoot consistently straight.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Ever run into someone right eye dominate but lining up with the left eye, they ain't sending the cb to the proper spot.

No, but probably because I never thought of eye dominance as a potential problem until after joining AZB and reading a few threads on the matter. Still, it's not all that common. Eventually, after enough hits and misses, the brain begins to autocorrect the perception it builds from the images provided by the eyes.

Regardless of which aiming method a player might be struggling with, after enough trial and error they will eventually become more in tune with their alignment, with knowing/feeling that their grip hand and bridge hand are guiding the cue along the proper line that sends the cb to where it needs to be.

This applies to CTE players also, meaning that once you understand the visuals, you must have the ability to properly align your cue half a tip from that ccb perception or the pivot to ccb will not put you on the shot line. Or for pro1 you must have the ability to know/feel exactly where your cue is aligned in order to accurately sweep to the proper shot line. As with fractions or ghostball or contact points or whatever, a player will not pocket balls consistently if he or she doesn't know/feel exactly what line their cue is on when stroking through the cb.