Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Live Stream Area
Reload this Page **Live Stream Sites ~ Ustream**
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2025

04-19-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmo View Post
With Bob's support, I've slightly edited his original post here and added it to PoolVids.com. I've also added a Step 5, which links to a quick YouTube video on how to connect your laptop to your flat-panel TV (video link). I actually do this a bit differently in my home, but haven't written up the process just yet. This video gives good basics in 3 minutes.

Personally, I use an older netbook connected via VGA to my TV (so it permanently sits next to my TV) and I use my "regular" laptop to SSH into the netbook so I can control viewing from the couch. More and more laptops are HDMI-equipped (actually I have onee and need to experiment with this) so you might want to consider your options here - it is a nice treat to watch live pool on your big TV (the way it should be!) :-)
Saweeeeeeet! Good work!

....................Bob

Old
  (#17)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate
cmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond reputecmbwsu has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

MI_Billiards/sde/sde1/sde2/sde3/Steve found another one tonight and passed it my way. Would appreciate anyone adding any "ustream" links that I may be missing ..... just make a post here with the link. Much appreciated!

....................Bob

Last edited by cmbwsu; 04-19-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Old
  (#18)
JesPiddlin
Designed by Mother Nature
JesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond reputeJesPiddlin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-20-2010, 02:19 AM

Hey Bob!

One thing I can say is you are a MAJOR source of support for live streaming and we appreciate you more than you will ever know.

When we (Crown Cues) first saw live streaming pool, we saw the possibilities and decided to put a lot of support behind it, because it will take the game to new levels, as long as enough of it can remain free to view for the mainstream. Finding new support and new player interest requires free streams, because people will not pay for something they think they have no interest in, although they have been known to meander into a free stream and decide it's a great thing for cue sports and that they have to see more.

Because of the free streams, I have also been working on a new project, SponsorRack.com I had anticipated being up and running by now, but there have been some roadblocks I've had to deal with, first. I'm so doggone close I can feel it and that makes it even harder to wait on. We have supported and sponsored live streams for a year and a half and we knew they had grown beyond our sponsorship abilities and they need more support, which is why I came up with SponsorRack.com to help find sponsors for the live streams. It didn't take long to decide to work toward finding sponsors for cue sports tours, benefits, etc., and very quickly, players chimed in wishing to find sponsors for their talents.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a live stream (free or ppv), a tournament, league, player, etc., please contact me and I'll get you added to the list. I am currently taking names and as soon as my website is ready to accomodate sponsors and those needing sponsors, I will send out a message to everyone who is interested. You don't have to be rich to be a sponsor. That's what's so great about sponsoring live streams. If you want to sponsor with as little as $50 or $100 per month or even just once, it can be done. Just let me know you're interested and I'll get you added to the list.

We (Crown Cues) still plan to sponsor live streams, when we can. But, now we will also have the ability to sponsor them through SponsorRack.com by sending new dollars toward them, enabling their survival.

Thanks to you and everyone out there who supports live streams by their financial support, product support, or simply by their presence. Bob - thanks for all the great links and the recognition you have brought to live streams.

We hope to be watching and supporting live streams as they morph into something even greater than people can currently imagine. Cue sports have a new image. People are now freely able to learn more about artistic pool, 3 cushion, 1 pocket, 14.1, and all the other cue sports available to their computer/tv screens. They can ask and learn and grow to love the sports, bringing new dollars and followers to the arena. We are so proud to be a part of something so wonderful!

Old
  (#19)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2010, 05:24 AM

Nice job Bob.

At the moment my limited connectivity will prevent me from using any streaming.
I also have a cap of 5 gigs a month.

G3 network you understand.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#20)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2010, 05:41 AM

UpStream has now been shared on Facebook.

Might I suggest everybody that is not a mutual friend do so as well. We all have friends in the billiards world that do not belong to AZB.

Lets see if we can pump up the volume for both AZB and Bobs efforts.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#21)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2010, 06:02 AM

I agree with the OP that live streaming is one of the most important things happening in the pool world today. It's getting the game in front of so many people who might not otherwise see it and making it accessible to millions more. No question it introduces new people to the game.

It is kind of a guerilla approach to growing our sport and giving it more appeal to the masses. We are getting in the "back door" of the media so to speak. But this is a door that opens wider and wider all the time. I am still a believer that POOL will have it's day in the Sun. It has been a very popular sport at least twice in my lifetime. After The Hustler and after The Color of Money, the sport boomed with many new rooms opening across the country and in Asia and Europe. This second boom did a lot to erase the negative stigma that had been attached to pool. It brought pool into the mainstream, and created the perfect arena for the APA and other league systems to grow.

Pool continues to thrive as a televised sport in the Asian and European markets, indicating that there are viewers out there who enjoy watching. I know pool is on a down swing right now, but I fully expect to see it make yet one more big comeback. This is a sport with resiliency. It isn't going to die or go away. There will come a time when indoor sports are all the rage. That's when pool and ping pong will take over. That's my prediction for the future.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 04-20-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Old
  (#22)
stuckart
Paint Dry Watching Champ
stuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond reputestuckart has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

04-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Bob!

You have done so many great things in keeping all of us in line and on schedule to catch each and every stream possible.

When I started Streaming in 2008, we were using primative equipment and there were only a few of us really doing any tournaments and action. Since then I've been able to learn new games (3C, 1 Hole, English 8 Ball, etc.) from the comfort of my home. Without Streaming I would never have even began to understand these games.

I have stuck by Ustream the entire time as I've watched others branch out for this reason or that and I've seen many of them return to the originator. The new Software (Producer) is really nice and allows streamers to give thanks to all it's sponsors with a click of the mouse.

I'll be streaming this weekend (April 24th-25th) from Stingers in Phoenix for some BCA Warm-up 8-ball before Vegas from http://www.azpoolscene.com

And like so many, I'm looking for a few sponsors to give thanks and showcase their pool products.

Great Job Bob on so many levels.

For those of you that don't know. When I first was streaming from my own house, Bob jumped on from across the country and provided me with some much needed pool lessons all via Ustream. I played the Ghost in a race to 9 and got beat something like 9 - 5. I checked the Chat Box and right there Bob had listed many things that I was doing, things to correct, etc. etc. We chatted back and forth and I made some adjustments. I then played the ghost again and drilled him 9 - 3. The tiny things that he saw through the miracle of streaming, allowed me to correct my game and vastly improve! I thank you very much sir!!!

Twitter: #AZPoolScene
Arizona's #1 Source for Arizona Pool News
http://www.azpoolscene.com

Old
  (#23)
oldzilla
Accu-Stats Messenger

oldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond reputeoldzilla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1050

04-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Bob covers all the bases here ! He's got all the channels and instructions to help anyone that has not use Ustream before. Or for the ones have and do not have all the pool channels available Bob has got them.

Don't forget this is all FREE ! Create your account on Ustream and log into any chatroom and it is almost like being there. Your garranteed the best seat in the house (your house)and you can enjoy the comforts of home while you enjoy stream after stream for free.

Bob along with alot of us think this is the best thing that pool has been introduced to in many years. TV never had LIVE events and now streamers are doing sooooo much for the game and need our support.

So sign up, log in, and support them in the friendly ways they provide. Like chipping in and being part of drawings for great prizes. Most of the time the drawings are only for the internet viewers.

Some have trivia contest for prizes and others are just plain free !
How can ya beat that !

Support the streams and thank Bob for his endless efforts !

Next On Pay-Per-View
2019 Derby City Classic
Jan. 25th - Feb. 2nd
https://derbycityclassic.com/
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Accu-Stats produced DVD's are now $9.95
VOD https://vimeo.com/accustats/albums

-----------------
http://www.accu-stats.com/liveppv.html
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Old
  (#24)
robleyf7
AZB Horse 2016
robleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond reputerobleyf7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10500
  Send a message via Yahoo to robleyf7  
Thumbs up 04-20-2010, 12:24 PM

yes i agree this will help pool for the better for alot of us that can.t make it to the tournaments with the support an streams we can now be there an support the streams

this is a great thing don.t forget to vote

thanks bob for all what u doing for us an everyone an thanks to all the peple that streams the tournaments we love u all

Old
  (#25)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:26 PM

One thing I can say is you are a MAJOR source of support for live streaming and we appreciate you more than you will ever know.

Thanks for the kind words but this whole thing is not about me, it's about the sport itself and all that goes with it. You and Gene (Crown Cues) have been MAJOR as well as other sponsors and, most importantly, those that have been steady viewers -- it's takes all aspects to make it work It's a team effort the largest part of which is the viewers!

When we (Crown Cues) first saw live streaming pool, we saw the possibilities and decided to put a lot of support behind it, because it will take the game to new levels, as long as enough of it can remain free to view for the mainstream.

Finding new support and new player interest requires free streams, because people will not pay for something they think they have no interest in, although they have been known to meander into a free stream and decide it's a great thing for cue sports and that they have to see more.

And support it you have! The possibilities you speak of are what has driven me from the get-go. True, the right balance must be stricken for this whole concept to be successful. There is a need and a necessity for both based on respective audiences. There is a reason for the saying "different strokes for different folks"!

Because of the free streams, I have also been working on a new project, SponsorRack.com I had anticipated being up and running by now, but there have been some roadblocks I've had to deal with, first. I'm so doggone close I can feel it and that makes it even harder to wait on. We have supported and sponsored live streams for a year and a half and we knew they had grown beyond our sponsorship abilities and they need more support, which is why I came up with SponsorRack.com to help find sponsors for the live streams. It didn't take long to decide to work toward finding sponsors for cue sports tours, benefits, etc., and very quickly, players chimed in wishing to find sponsors for their talents.

Good idea -- I feel yea on the computer side of things. Here again, a team effort is needed from the viewer to the players, to the streamers, to the sponsors. All who love or are involved in any aspect!

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a live stream (free or PPV), a tournament, league, player, etc., please contact me and I'll get you added to the list. I am currently taking names and as soon as my website is ready to accommodate sponsors and those needing sponsors, I will send out a message to everyone who is interested. You don't have to be rich to be a sponsor. That's what's so great about sponsoring live streams. If you want to sponsor with as little as $50 or $100 per month or even just once, it can be done. Just let me know you're interested and I'll get you added to the list.

We (Crown Cues) still plan to sponsor live streams, when we can. But, now we will also have the ability to sponsor them through SponsorRack.com by sending new dollars toward them, enabling their survival.

Good info and good on you for taking this on. It won't be easy and I feel it will take some serious effort on your part for it to work -- hats off to you for that as I know you have the tenacity.

Thanks to you and everyone out there who supports live streams by their financial support, product support, or simply by their presence. Bob - thanks for all the great links and the recognition you have brought to live streams.

Let me add my thanks as well and a big "felt green grin" .

We hope to be watching and supporting live streams as they morph into something even greater than people can currently imagine. Cue sports have a new image. People are now freely able to learn more about artistic pool, 3 cushion, 1 pocket, 14.1, and all the other cue sports available to their computer/tv screens. They can ask and learn and grow to love the sports, bringing new dollars and followers to the arena. We are so proud to be a part of something so wonderful!

Can I get an Amen!

....................Bob

Old
  (#26)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Nice job Bob.

At the moment my limited connectivity will prevent me from using any streaming.
I also have a cap of 5 gigs a month.

G3 network you understand.
Thanks Sev -- appreciate you jumping in here. I have a cap too --- don't make me bust it out . I'd love for you to be able to watch and participate in all the woofing in the chat.

....................Bob

Old
  (#27)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
UpStream has now been shared on Facebook.

Might I suggest everybody that is not a mutual friend do so as well. We all have friends in the billiards world that do not belong to AZB.

Lets see if we can pump up the volume for both AZB and Bobs efforts.
"Upstream"? Is that something new or did you mean to say "ustream"?

As for FB -- I have had two accounts and bad experiences in both. Perhaps I need to make another using only my AZ username. Pumping up the volume does bring attention! Thanks for that Sev .

....................Bob

Old
  (#28)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:41 PM

---clip ----

The Internet, can't be AZ () , went nutzo!

....................Bob

Last edited by cmbwsu; 04-20-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Old
  (#29)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:42 PM

---snip---

Nutzo, Phase II!

....................Bob

Last edited by cmbwsu; 04-20-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Old
  (#30)
cmbwsu
Pool Stream Advocate

04-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
I agree with the OP that live streaming is one of the most important things happening in the pool world today. It's getting the game in front of so many people who might not otherwise see it and making it accessible to millions more. No question it introduces new people to the game.

It is kind of a guerilla approach to growing our sport and giving it more appeal to the masses. We are getting in the "back door" of the media so to speak. But this is a door that opens wider and wider all the time. I am still a believer that POOL will have it's day in the Sun. It has been a very popular sport at least twice in my lifetime. After The Hustler and after The Color of Money, the sport boomed with many new rooms opening across the country and in Asia and Europe. This second boom did a lot to erase the negative stigma that had been attached to pool. It brought pool into the mainstream, and created the perfect arena for the APA and other league systems to grow.

Pool continues to thrive as a televised sport in the Asian and European markets, indicating that there are viewers out there who enjoy watching. I know pool is on a down swing right now, but I fully expect to see it make yet one more big comeback. This is a sport with resiliency. It isn't going to die or go away. There will come a time when indoor sports are all the rage. That's when pool and ping pong will take over. That's my prediction for the future.
What Mr. Helfert said, save for the ping pong ... at least he didn't say curling! Before I die, I want to see billiards (in any discipline) in the Olympics! For those of you nay sayers who think this won't happen -- my Dad (may he RIP) once said "You'll never beat me at this game kid" too but it wasn't long after that that he wanted weight!

I've said it before, I'm saying it again, and will keeping saying it: Thanks Mr. Helfert for all you do for our sport. I hold you sir in the very highest regard!

<Sorry for the above two post -- no clue what happened. Things just wouldn't post then this post appeared three times .>

....................Bob

Last edited by cmbwsu; 04-20-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: