What is Efren doing here?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
could be

I couldn't see it from where the clip started however Efren did wipe a booger on the rail pretty often, more often after he learned it bugged US players. He has always been willing to do a little sharking, mostly in fun. He has been known to shark and grin about it when somebody was just donating to begin with too.

One reason his sharking isn't more commented on, or wasn't more commented on, is it seemed to be in fun most of the time. A little bit of making his own fun.

Hu

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Watch for like 5 seconds, Efren is sitting down and Rempe walks to get his break stick.

I couldn't see it from where the clip started however Efren did wipe a booger on the rail pretty often, more often after he learned it bugged US players. He has always been willing to do a little sharking, mostly in fun. He has been known to shark and grin about it when somebody was just donating to begin with too.

One reason his sharking isn't more commented on, or wasn't more commented on, is it seemed to be in fun most of the time. A little bit of making his own fun.

Hu

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
he's human

https://youtu.be/4maz6bcF3WQ?t=2077

Does it look like Efren is picking his nose and Rempe is smiling after seeing it?

Although it can be hard to believe after watching his play, he is human. I'm guessing that if any of us spent that much time on camera we could have an embarrassing moment as well. We can either call it out or extend a little grace and move on.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Like a lot of Asians who grew up in humid conditions, the dry weather can really stuff our nostrils.
I had nose bleeds for a long time . I used to nuke a cup of water and inhale the steam when my nostrils got really stuffed.

When I go to Las Vegas, my nostrils get really messed up.
I get nosebleeds after a day or so.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
It's a funny moment, lighten up Francis.

Although it can be hard to believe after watching his play, he is human. I'm guessing that if any of us spent that much time on camera we could have an embarrassing moment as well. We can either call it out or extend a little grace and move on.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
low res

Watch for like 5 seconds, Efren is sitting down and Rempe walks to get his break stick.

My satellite internet cuts resolution to 144 when the bandwidth is restricted, which is most of the time! I can't see clearly, mining for gold or equally possible for him to have been trying to dig food out of a bad tooth with a finger very deep in his mouth from what little detail I can see.

Either way, shows a little lack of couth! I have my own issues in very dry climate so I can understand if he was trying to clear a particularly annoying flake as Joey mentioned was a possibility, bad timing for the camera to swing his way!

Hu

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
If he coached the Michigan Wolverines football team he'd have eaten it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't really see much out of line. I think Rempe's smirk was more related to making the combo on the 9-ball than to anything Efren was doing. I did watch the rest of the match, and what a great match! After a great comeback by Rempe, in that hill-hill game, Efren's questionable positioning led him to have to come up with some great shots to get him the win!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too Chris! That was a great match. Some great shotmaking by both players. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I did watch the rest of the match, and what a great match! After a great comeback by Rempe, in that hill-hill game, Efren's questionable positioning led him to have to come up with some great shots to get him the win!