Predator Z-2 or OB classic pro???

AkersCues

Dblkdad
Silver Member
I shot with a OB Classic Pro shaft with a Kamui black SS for the first time tonight and really like it... I am wondering what the difference would be between it and a Predator Z-2 shaft with the same tip... I am using it on a Diveney sneaky Pete with a flat faced Radial pin... Any input would be great.. :)

Thanks

Hobart007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OB seems to have a bit more solid of a hit to me. To be honest though, I think Mezz WD700 is the best feeling LD shaft out there and reduces deflection just as well. I think you can get the with a small tip like the Z shaft as well.

I'd try a Mezz as well just to see the gambit before buying as they all shoot a bit differently and it comes down to personal taste. I just like something that feels close to a solid maple shaft and Mezz Comes the closest in my opinion.

The biggest difference to me will be in terms of how the hit feels as they all seemed pretty LD to me.

Last edited:

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
I agree, the OB has more of a solid hit. Yet, I prefer the Z. Neither is better, its all preference. (I do use the OB if I ever see a giant bar cue ball.)

StuartK35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tough call

I have them both and love them both. I have been playing more with the OB classic though.

I've played with all of these, OB Classic, Classic Pro, and Z2...of the three I think the Classic plays best but again, it's personal preference. It also depends on the joint and the butt in my opinion. I've hit with a Mezz also but I still think the OB Classic hits better...again, my opinion only. I'm back to a 314 2 shaft again so go figure....plays good!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I shot with a OB Classic Pro shaft with a Kamui black SS for the first time tonight and really like it... I am wondering what the difference would be between it and a Predator Z-2 shaft with the same tip... I am using it on a Diveney sneaky Pete with a flat faced Radial pin... Any input would be great.. :)

Thanks

My experience is the Classic Pro is heavier, stiffer, and more solid. I like it.

I too play with the Tiger pro X which is in the same class, and find it's a nice balance for this style of shaft.

RDaniel13

7 ball run master
Silver Member
I currently have both a z2 and ob classic pro. I have been playing with my Ob shaft way more lately. I feel the hit of the Ocp is a lot stiffer and i can throw the cue ball a lot more with it (when needed). Not a big fan of the tip on the z2 though currently, so that may have something to do with it. Both tips are factory... (both everest, i believe) Will be putting either a Tiger black onyx or a Kamui medium on the z2 soon. Will repost my opinions after play with the new tip.