Don,

hate it for you, hope you get it back or delivered to the buyer

Best, adam

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Good idea.

Maniac (now has two on the list)

Yup... and when I see someone quote someone I have on ignore, I usually shake my head a bit and say to myself, "Well, *that* was 30 seconds well spent" ( placing them on the ignore list ).

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Isn't there liability on the shippers part?

If someone says no insurance, then that = no sale to me.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Isn't there liability on the shippers part?

If someone says no insurance, then that = no sale to me.

And if you buy expensive insurance, the box will shot it and they get tempted even more to steal it .

One UPS delivery man I used to work with ( he also worked part time ), the easiest for them to steal then was just to retag the package.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I am not following the sense of this entire post: someone who sells a lot of higher end cues on this site shipped a cue with NO INSURANCE? I just don't get that because my understanding is the shipper is responsible for ANYTHING that happens with a package UNTIL it is delivered- so if I am the seller I make sure it is insured on a higher priced item even if the buyer will not pay for insurance- that would be common sense business practice - SORRY for this guy's loss and will be happy to be on the look out for the cue if he posts pictures - I just think if we are talking shipping cues over say $500 Someone needs to insure it! As per the guy who mentioned Pay Pal Friends and Family- I also think buyers should NOT pay for cues with F&F to save a few dollars on pay pal fees- just in case the cue does arrive but there is a dispute on its representation by the seller. Folks, this is all common sense business practice over the internet- nobody is judging anybody - but experience can be a rough teacher if you don't take basic protections. As for the five cues I have bought from people on this site in my lifetime- Thank you ALL for a great buying experience!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the loss, but I just shipped a shaft back to the mainland with UPS and had no problem. Shaft arrived at the destination in about 3 days.

I've never lost anything in the mail and I've heard it is a pain trying to get reimbursed even if you have insurance, but I always buy it anyway.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the loss, but I just shipped a shaft back to the mainland with UPS and had no problem. Shaft arrived at the destination in about 3 days.

I've never lost anything in the mail and I've heard it is a pain trying to get reimbursed even if you have insurance, but I always buy it anyway.

With cell phones having camera capability it would make good business sense to take pictures of the cue being shipped AND the shipping box with the address in addition to keeping all postal receipts , tracking info and insurance payment documents- And YES even with ALL of that it is not easy to get your money from a claim with UPS, USPS, etc. One time i had a cue case arrive with the shipping box and case clearly dented- UPS tried to ignore claims UNTIL I contacted their Atlanta corporate office and spoke to the Exec VP for UPS Customer Service - His Admin took care of my problem. I can't imagine dealing with USPS on a matter like this.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel bad for both parties involved however sounds like it was handled somewhat odd being a high dollar cue sold from a respected longtime high end dealer.

I don't like to skimp, roll the dice and always purchase proper insurance that includes signature of receipt. I refuse to let any item of value sit on buyers porch all day inviting some scumbag to rip not to mention potentially baking in the summer sun or freezing snow.

As mentioned, If you think it was stolen/lost, post up a pic here. Perhaps it shows up and you save yourself the $$$$$ as seller is responsible until receipt. Bottom line.

Good luck...
-Kat,

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We feel your pain, Don...but the way you shipped is not in line with best practices at all.

Insurance is highly speculative, but there's a reason it exists.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I was saying "isn't there liability on the part of the shipper" as in they are at fault for selling something without insurance.

Pool players are cheap, how many of these threads are there where people want to ship cheap, use "friends" for paypal, kick tires.

You pay for insurance or there is no sale. Split up the fees however you want to.

Maybe $50-100

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I was saying "isn't there liability on the part of the shipper" as in they are at fault for selling something without insurance.

Pool players are cheap, how many of these threads are there where people want to ship cheap, use "friends" for paypal, kick tires.

You pay for insurance or there is no sale. Split up the fees however you want to.

Insurance is on the shipper always. If you want to charge for it, cool, build it into the price. If you ship uninsured, you deserve the hassle. If you ship UPS, they won't pay the insurance on "collectibles" like pool cues

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Insurance is on the shipper always. If you want to charge for it, cool, build it into the price. If you ship uninsured, you deserve the hassle. If you ship UPS, they won't pay the insurance on "collectibles" like pool cues

I agree.

When I order ANYTHING, I expect it to get to me in PERFECT condition.

What happens between the time it is shipped and the time it gets to me is IRRELEVANT.

If the shipper doesn't build the shipping and insurance into the cost of the product, that is on THEM.

FWIW, I way OVERPAID on the shaft I last shipped through UPS, but it got there in the same condition as it was when I sent it.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
We all know they occasionally lose stuff. You can buy insurance every time, spend a few extra dollars and never worry...or you can never buy it and play the odds (self insure). I play the odds with lower priced stuff but insure anything over around $500. I am not a big cue trader but buy and sell watches and other stuff in the range of $50-8000.

It's tough to lose a bad bet am I am not without sympathy but it's the rules of the game. If they never lost stuff they wouldn't sell insurance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We all know they occasionally lose stuff. You can buy insurance every time, spend a few extra dollars and never worry...or you can never buy it and play the odds (self insure). I play the odds with lower priced stuff but insure anything over around $500. I am not a big cue trader but buy and sell watches and other stuff in the range of $50-8000.

It's tough to lose a bad bet am I am not without sympathy but it's the rules of the game. If they never lost stuff they wouldn't sell insurance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's gambling. I would think most in the pool world understand that.

Don't make a bet you can't afford to lose. And if you do lose, pay up.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it shipped in around tube? Sometimes those roll under things and are found days or weeks later/

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Has anybody who ships regularly use third party insurers?

Have heard very good things such as greatly reduced rates, full value recovery and quick claim settlements.