If not Simonis, than what?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Simonis 860/860HR is not an option for you whether it be cost or availability, what would you go with as a backup? Bear in mind I am asking (obviously) because I want the best bang for the buck but without the hefty price tag for a home table to just have for family fun and knocking a few balls around here and there.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Champion seems to be an alternative that a lot of people like.

If Simonis 860/860HR is not an option for you whether it be cost or availability, what would you go with as a backup? Bear in mind I am asking (obviously) because I want the best bang for the buck but without the hefty price tag for a home table to just have for family fun and knocking a few balls around here and there.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If EJ can get you the Andy readily - get it!!

You will probably get tired of looking at the cloth before it wears out just knocking a few balls around here and there.

In that regard it is the best bang for the buck.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If EJ can get you the Andy readily - get it!!

You will probably get tired of looking at the cloth before it wears out just knocking a few balls around here and there.

In that regard it is the best bang for the buck.
Thanks. I'll wait to see what the rep says when they get back to me unless you know a different route to get prices/and colors.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I'll wait to see what the rep says when they get back to me unless you know a different route to get prices/and colors.

We got ours thru Mike Massey. He reps the cloth. Contact him via FB.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I look into it. How would you say it plays compared to a typical worsted cloth?

Day 1 it plays just the same as day 1 worsted. Ridiculously fast. You think the ball will stop rolling in the next 3” but trickles on for the next 6-9”. You almost have to hit everything as a stop shot or at pocket speed. Stunning around the table for two rail position is risky of overrunning by a mile. I think even Simonis is a better experience on a 9’ table than a 7’ table for that reason. Bigger zones to work in.

After not long, it still plays very fast but gets more manageable. Mine is a few years old. It’s definitely time to refelt. My table at this later stage is still as fast or faster than all the bar tables in town that I would call fast but just not quite as quick as the regional tournament tables here. That’s because they use the same felt (it is why I use it) but theirs isn’t as old as mine is getting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want a bright green contact Simonis in Chicago and ask for Apple Green. For some reason its still not on their website. I have Apple Green 860 on my GCIV, looks really awesome.

r/DCP

Attachments

• GoldCrownIVAppleGreen.JPG
    GoldCrownIVAppleGreen.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 757

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want a bright green contact Simonis in Chicago and ask for Apple Green. For some reason its still not on their website. I have Apple Green 860 on my GCIV, looks really awesome.

r/DCP
No green. Thanks.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe check out the CPBA cloth. There is a thread in the Other Item Review section. Gets good reviews from home as well as commercial users and is apparently about half the price of Simonis.