Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The operative word here is COULD.

I’ll go the other way. Who in the top 20 he couldn’t lose to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wouldn’t lose to Deuel, Styer, Grabe, Alex, Melling, Souquet, Kazakis, Gorst, Kevin Cheng or Chua in long race 10 ball, if we’re using WPA rankings.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When they announced the match I said Orcollo should have insisted on a set of one pocket.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Its possible but not likely. I would bet pretty good on SVB playing anybody long rotation sets. His break is too brutal. Anyone gets weak sittin' and watchin' the Shane Show after a while.

I agree. Fully. :thumbup:
Will Prout

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the big loser here is Roy's Basement.......with all the work and money he's put into this match.......I think he needed a barnburner to do more of these......Which in a way makes it a loss for pool.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to keep things in perspective, I believe Shane will win, but the score may not be as lopsided when it gets to the end.

Who knows, though? Shane is a beast.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the big loser here is Roy's Basement.......with all the work and money he's put into this match.......I think he needed a barnburner to do more of these......Which in a way makes it a loss for pool.

Are you sure people would rather see a close match than a tour de force by Shane?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robbery

$19.95 price? To see the final day is highway robbery, in my opinion. I won't pay it.
Fleming didn't charge those kind of rates for his International 9-Ball Open and it was a better tournament and a better venue as well.
Take it to Walgreen's "Roy's Basement"....

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

There's no guarantees about anything in business AND I think Roy's record of booking wagering winners is in a league of it's own. He's too smart to have gone all in here.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane is favored against anybody in these long races. However, if they were playing races to 25 in different types of games the outcome may be different even against Dennis. It was years ago when they matched up in 10 ball, 8 ball and 1 pocket for TAR. Dennis won the 10 ball and 1 pocket I believe.

There is something about these long races that makes Shane thrive

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final Day

Dennis needs a miracle to win on final day. He needs to break almost like Shane, stop dogging shots, play almost perfect in the safety department.. But even that may not be enough to fade a deficit of 28. He still needs the rolls and the pool gods to favor him.
In short, almost no chance that he can beat Shane on final day. All he can do is make it look respectable and lose by single digits.

So which Dennis will show up on final day ?

dorobo.jpg

OR

dodennis.jpg

:D