Tip from a bankpool player...

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love it!

Here is a well respected professional throwing out random, short tips on his specialty! What a great way to keep this a great sight. Thank you John B! Greenie sent your way.

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
All helpful tips from these pros in any form/any game is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Low does not help hold or shorten a bank shot. Low makes banks go long. In other words...if you need to hold or shorten a bank....do not use low english. John B.

After all these years I learned something new from you. Thanks John! :thumbup2:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
If just about anyone else said low didn't shorten a bank i'd argue. Thank's for the tip John. Johnnyt

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Low does not help hold or shorten a bank shot. Low makes banks go long. In other words...if you need to hold or shorten a bank....do not use low english. John B.

Yep, low on whitey becomes top on the object ball.....
...and if I had your money, John.....
....I could afford to burn my bankroll.....
:)

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that i wouldn't trust what a bankmaster like John would say, but I was always told different. Lined up a bunch of shots on my home table and low and behold John is right; who would've thunk it? Thanks again for your tips John ! Just another day of learning... sweet.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
it doesn't shorten banks, but often times, when you need to shorten a bank, draw is used to get the cue ball out of the way of a double kiss.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'm sorry I gave all my old "how to play pool" books away when I thought I quit for good last time. I'll bet a few of them had, "use low to shorten angle" in them. I didn't think it up myself. :embarrassed2:. Johnnyt

John Brumback

Silver Member
it doesn't shorten banks, but often times, when you need to shorten a bank, draw is used to get the cue ball out of the way of a double kiss.

If draw makes the oball go long (which it does) then why would you want to put draw on a shot that you want to hold or shorten?:confused: Sorry to say,but your reasoning is an old myth. John B.