When do you get nervous?

JC

Coos Cues
Paid over 2 grand for a lathe that was for sale here. My check cleared the bank on Nov 4. Seller hasn't provided tracking info but says he shipped it Nov 14. Told me he was working out of town this week and would be home yesterday and would get the tracking info to me. No tracking, no lathe and the members mailbox is full now, so no communication. Have previously bought something much smaller from this guy with no trouble as have many here.

I decided one week ago that if I didn't have the lathe by today I was going to bring it public. It's been a month since my check cleared the bank now. Am I being paranoid?

JC

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Nervous when I wright the check. Borderline homicidal after a month.

Good luck!

Larry

Reactions: JC

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Paid over 2 grand for a lathe that was for sale here. My check cleared the bank on Nov 4. Seller hasn't provided tracking info but says he shipped it Nov 14. Told me he was working out of town this week and would be home yesterday and would get the tracking info to me. No tracking, no lathe and the members mailbox is full now, so no communication. Have previously bought something much smaller from this guy with no trouble as have many here.

I decided one week ago that if I didn't have the lathe by today I was going to bring it public. It's been a month since my check cleared the bank now. Am I being paranoid?

JC

A MONTH??? First off, what was the proposed timetable for shipping the thing and what company did he use? Second, assuming he actually shipped it on the 14th of last month, what on earth could be the excuse for not getting you tracking in the last 3 weeks? If I sold something for 2 grand I'd make sure the guy knew how to keep track of it. I sold a mill on here for over a grand and that was the first thing I did.. That took 5 days to get across the country via YRC shipping company, not 3 weeks...

Who is this person?

Not like it's a chalk holder that got lost in the mail.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Every time I offered to pick something up locally, this guy disappeared.

That screamed scammer.

I would be filing in small claims court and calling the cops to file interstate check fraud charges if he didn't answer me with a tracking number.

JC

Coos Cues
If it was....... good luck!!!!!

I got screwed outa my rod lot excuse after excuse then wanted to trade for tips???? At least mine was refunded through paypal. Wanted me to send a check I told him no! Lots of shades with bigdogk9 in my opinion... just my .02

Well I paid him with a company check clearly notated what it was for. I'm hoping he is just moving slowly as some folks do for whatever reason. I have purchased something from him prior with no issues so I still have some reason to think it's going to work out the easy way. The hard way is not preferable but it's an option. Didn't send him my rent money.

We'll see.

JC

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That guy was bad news from the get go .
Good luck. Might wanna call his bank or something .

JC

Coos Cues
Here is how it has all went down so far via PM. Certainly a trail that would stand up in court along with a cancelled check.

Seller-Oct 29 Sorry for the delay. Got tied up with work. If your still interested in the lathe please send a $2275.00 cashiers check or personal check ( must clear before shipping) to xxxxxxxx

Me-Oct 29 In the mail today, let me know when it clears and you have shipped the lathe.:

Me-Nov 4 I see you got the check and I see on my online banking that my bank has paid it out. Let me know when you have the thing on the way ok? Thanks,

Seller-Nov 5 Will do. Thanks

Me-Nov 13 Checking on an update as to the estimated time of arrival of this lathe.

Seller-Nov 14 I Finally got it package up and it'll be shipped today for Ups. Sorry for the delay but ups is 20 miles for my house and can only get there on saturdays when I'm off work.

Me-Nov 23 Do you have a tracking number for this?

Seller- (Tuesday)Nov 24 I'm out of town for work and the info is st home. I believe you will see the lathe friday or Saturday

Me-Dec 1 It's now been a month since you cashed my check and I still do not have a lathe. I would appreciate a tracking number or a reasonable explanation. I am starting to get very nervous about this thing in spite of your good reputation. A month is a very long time for a simple transaction.

Seller-Dec 1 It should of been delivered Friday or Saturday. Im out of town until Thursday evening and don't have the info with me. I will have someone go to my house and get tracking info.

Today Dec 4
Still no lathe, tracking number or correspondence from seller but now sellers AZ mailbox is full so I can no longer contact seller through the mail system here.

Edit: The only scenario I can imagine that would still be mostly on the level and make sense is that he shipped it with some gypo trucking company instead of UPS to save a buck and they are just slower than he imagined and he just doesn't want to admit it. Some of these guys are really slow, I know from my own business experience. He did not ship it UPS on November 14 for certain or it would be here. I still have faith in humanity though. :)
JC

Last edited:

jecues

JE cues
Silver Member
I also have been waiting for a package. I sent tips in trade for a predator butt. I'm no where into it as much as you but I'm giving him a week and if no show I'm going to get ahold of the Watkins glen police. See if they will do anything

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted a BEWARE, of Big Dog and the Trade for TIPS, Deal

I was working on the Lathe deal and had a group of , 6 Cues and a group of Kamuii Tips, I had an agreed upon deal and then he sold it to someone else.

He fishes the waters and picks the best deal and if someone up the better deal, he works them again other deals, even if he has agreed to the deal.

No ethics and his word is worth, NOTHING.

I wouldnt deal with him unless he sent the product, first and then I would send him the payment or trade goods, AFTER HE HAS SENT HIS ITEM.

He needs to establish his reputation and he had done nothing to do this so far,

CAVEAT EMPTOR, BIG TIME WITH ''BIG DOG;

I wish everyone the best but I think there are some BAD thing in the works with this seller.

Be careful,

If it sounds too good, it is,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

PS. I am sure glad I didnt send the cues and tips with this seller/trader

mk

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seller- (Tuesday)Nov 24 I'm out of town for work and the info is st home. I believe you will see the lathe friday or Saturday

red flag right there. all that info is sent via email, which can pretty much be accessed anywhere via an internet connection,

JC

Coos Cues
I was working on the Lathe deal and had a group of , 6 Cues and a group of Kamuii Tips, I had an agreed upon deal and then he sold it to someone else.

He fishes the waters and picks the best deal and if someone up the better deal, he works them again other deals, even if he has agreed to the deal.

No ethics and his word is worth, NOTHING.

I wouldnt deal with him unless he sent the product, first and then I would send him the payment or trade goods, AFTER HE HAS SENT HIS ITEM.

He needs to establish his reputation and he had done nothing to do this so far,

CAVEAT EMPTOR, BIG TIME WITH ''BIG DOG;

I wish everyone the best but I think there are some BAD thing in the works with this seller.

Be careful,

If it sounds too good, it is,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

PS. I am sure glad I didnt send the cues and tips with this seller/trader

mk

it actually wasn't too good to be true, it was just a fair price for the lathe

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the honest members feel your pain and hope you get the lathe.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Dog? Watkins Glen, NY?

I remember this guy now. This guy was accused of being involved in the ripoff of a cue, or several, some while back.
No one remembers?
Drives a fancy 'Vett and a Harley.
Baaaad news.
There was a BIG flap about it. I'm too busy right now to research it, but I'm not wrong.

Robin Snyder

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
You never spoke to him on the phone??? Please tell me you at least got his phone number.

I've had something like this happen to me once, from a guy in England. It was a long time ago and I eventually my money back. However, the means I used might have Interpol and Homeland knocking on my door these days.

I'm happy to help though in any way I can..