Pool Table

aquaurchin99

Let's Make A Deal
Silver Member
My dad surprised me by saying that he could potentially buy a pool tabe for our house. There is a pillar of our house in the room though might make it difficult. The room is definitely long enough. 23 feet. But the pillar seems to be right in the way. The distance from the front of the pillar to the opposite wall is just over 12 feet....

I'm the only one in my family that shoots pool seriously. So the table will be mine someday. I hope to get a place of my own at some point, but that probably won't be for a few years still it seems. If there was a 9 foot table there, I could definitely get some practice in and stuff.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

20151223_201609.jpg

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you considered installing a RSJ support beam? It would open that room right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put it in there and make do , any table at home, is better than no table.
Most moderate priced homes are going to have a post in the way at 12 feet because that's what the normal beams and trusses can span .
After 12 feet you get into some expensive timber or steel beams.
If my post gets in the way I allow relief to whichever side is most like what the shot would have been without the post.
In other words, if they had no breakout from where the ball landed , they can, move it to the side that allows a breakout.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
have a builder come take a look. you can run a beam or perhaps move the post some
and maybe compromise on a smaller table.
or even put a support upstairs like a chain or rod that holds the weight and remove the post.