Mika is melting

onemorebrando

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there goes mika...

i admire his talent, it truly speaks for itself, but for some reason i seldom find myself cheering for him. he's still a force to be reckoned with in any discipline.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
there goes mika...

i admire his talent, it truly speaks for itself, but for some reason i seldom find myself cheering for him. he's still a force to be reckoned with in any discipline.

Amen to that. Great player, but he definitely ain't no "Iceman." The man wears his emotions on his sleeve. Calling Mika the "Iceman" is like calling some towering muscle-bristling body-tatooed gangster "Tiny."

-Sean

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amen to that. Great player, but he definitely ain't no "Iceman." The man wears his emotions on his sleeve. Calling Mika the "Iceman" is like calling some towering muscle-bristling body-tatooed gangster "Tiny."

-Sean

I thought they called him the "iceman" because of the way he melts.

ba-dum-bum

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought they called him the "iceman" because of the way he melts.

ba-dum-bum

...or because of the way he suddenly "freezes" in his performance.

ba-dum-dum... cymbal-crash. :D

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...or because of the way he suddenly "freezes" in his performance.

ba-dum-dum... cymbal-crash. :D

Ok all im going to say here is play him in the world 14.1 which ive done twice now and watch how he becomes the iceman. Believe me its not about him showing his emotions on his sleeve etc. Trust me the man's mental game is ridiculous and he gives you this look and when he does it literally freezes you in your tracks. I'm not saying he is the most social person on the planet but believe me when I tell you playing him is literally scary. He has a way of looking at you like you're not even there.

Oh and the fact that he's 2x us open champion world nine ball champion and a slew of other titles from around the world doesn't hurt either.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok all im going to say here is play him in the world 14.1 which ive done twice now and watch how he becomes the iceman. Believe me its not about him showing his emotions on his sleeve etc. Trust me the man's mental game is ridiculous and he gives you this look and when he does it literally freezes you in your tracks. I'm not saying he is the most social person on the planet but believe me when I tell you playing him is literally scary. He has a way of looking at you like you're not even there.

Oh and the fact that he's 2x us open champion world nine ball champion and a slew of other titles from around the world doesn't hurt either.

Charlie:

Relax, we're just having a little fun -- and that *should* be obvious, isn't it?

Yes, I know he's on a different planet with his playing skills. And yes, he's UBER competitive. That quality *IS* what makes him a champion.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun. Interesting how you picked my post out of all the replies above to reply to, when it's obvious out of all of them, mine should've been obvious to see it was to have some fun.

I know we're sticking up for our "NY boys" (which Mika is a transplant), but again, it's all in fun.

P.S.: just so you know, I could not break away from work this week (too many companies taking advantage of the fact that most employees are away on summer vacations, so they want to do major network surgery / migrations this week). Otherwise, I would've been right there with you, mixing it up with all of them as well. I'm kicking and cursing about this situation, but alas, there's nothing I can do.

-Sean