PSR and CTE Aiming.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE Aiming, of course, provides a very exact way of planning and executing a prefect PSR (Pre Shot Routine). Tyler Styer's supervisor/coach at the Mosconi Cup openly admired it. Those top action coaches aren't easily impressed, you know.
However, the masses of pool players haven't become aware yet of what a powerful tool CTE can be when it comes to that very crucial PSR. But that will all change.
I'm curious as to what are the exact steps in other approaches to PSR that gets a player into the ultimate position for the perfect stroke on each and every shot.
As well as positioning the eyes and head appropriately to be able to just "see the shot" without any aiming procedures/methods/systems.
I can't speak personally about how it's accomplished in Poolology, See See, Mosconi Fractions, or any of the other concepts because I don't know how they work and only use one (CTE), myself.
As a student of the game, I am especially intrigued how it's accomplished in the "just see the shot" method. I like to learn new things. And there are other inquiring minds who would enjoy knowing those precise steps as well.
(Please...."just hit a million balls" won't do. That method(?) is so worn out and hackneyed it can't be considered seriously in modern discussions about this great game.The obvious rebuttal to the "hit a million balls method" is merely......"what happens if the player hits the million balls over and over in the wrong way?" He/she could be stuck at a plateau for decades and never rise above the circumstances.)
Someone, please post more about getting that perfect PSR in "just see the shot and shoot" method without aiming.
Are there any knowledgeable sources who will elaborate on that?
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
*Santa Claus is a good guy*

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Someone, please post more about getting that perfect PSR in "just see the shot and shoot" method without aiming.
How about describing the PSR aspects of CTE?

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about describing the PSR aspects of CTE?
pj
chgo
You mean you, as an instructor, haven't checked all that out yet? Here it is and you might possibly add it to your teaching curriculum. You'd have to ask Stan Shuffett about doing that, though. (He wants teachers to qualify first.)
***It's all very well described under CTE videos by Stan Shuffett on YouTube. You'll grasp it in a heartbeat.
I clipped out a bit of your comments in the "Ask The Instructor Forum" which I've attached below. Is this one of the ways you achieve the perfect PSR for the "see the shot and shoot without aiming" method or is it something else?
Are you a practitioner of the "see the shot and shoot without aiming" method? If so,please post a little about it here so myself and some of my friends, who aren't members here, can understand it better. Thanks.
(Hope this is you and not someone else?)

It starts here: "testing I have done, as you outline above and several cover one eye to see what shifts type tests, I believe he is correct.
I'm sure that's correct for some people, but from what I've heard my experience is common:
- I have my stick between my eyes but more toward my dominant eye
- when I close either eye the stick looks misaligned with my sight
- only with both eyes open does the stick look aligned with my sight"
pj
chgo

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean you, as an instructor, haven't checked all that out yet? Here it is and you might possibly add it to your teaching curriculum. You'd have to ask Stan Shuffett about doing that, though. (He wants teachers to qualify first.)
***It's all very well described under CTE videos by Stan Shuffett on YouTube. You'll grasp it in a heartbeat.
I clipped out a bit of your comments in the "Ask The Instructor Forum" which I've attached below. Is this one of the ways you achieve the perfect PSR for the "see the shot and shoot without aiming" method or is it something else?
Are you a practitioner of the "see the shot and shoot without aiming" method? If so,please post a little about it here so myself and some of my friends, who aren't members here, can understand it better. Thanks.
(Hope this is you and not someone else?)

It starts here: "testing I have done, as you outline above and several cover one eye to see what shifts type tests, I believe he is correct.
I'm sure that's correct for some people, but from what I've heard my experience is common:
- I have my stick between my eyes but more toward my dominant eye
- when I close either eye the stick looks misaligned with my sight
- only with both eyes open does the stick look aligned with my sight"
pj
chgo

Kind of interesting you take the time to find and quote his posts in another section yet won't answer his question here.

Does the PSR include practice strokes? Set? Eye patterns? etc. Or is it just finding edge to X and sweeping? Only look at cue ball?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of interesting you take the time to find and quote his posts in another section yet won't answer his question here.
Does the PSR include practice strokes? Set? Eye patterns? etc. Or is it just finding edge to X and sweeping? Only look at cue ball?
Oh I'm sorry I can't fulfill your request very good about answering questions concerning CTE.
I am only a student myself and totally unqualified to teach about it. Stan Shuffett doesn't like for us students to try "to teach" because it's easy to transfer improper information. He'll have a staff of genuine qualified instructors working everywhere next year.
As for me........
I don't know what an "eye pattern" is.
I don't know what a "set" is.
I don't do any practice strokes when standing up myself and only two when I'm down on the shot and then let it fly.
I do look at the cue ball last....I've always done that, though, since I was 15.
I just know it works. But it wasn't an easy thing to learn for me because there was a lot of "unlearning"of old fashioned guesswork ideas that had been ingrained for decades. That's about the best I can personally do for you as far as answers go.
For the real deal, just get on old reliable YouTube and check out Stan Shuffett's videos on how to do it. You'll be happy you did if you work with it a little.
Now....back to my original post. I'd like to hear from someone who is an expert in the "see the shot and shoot without aiming" method. That sounds very revolutionary to me.
Are you proficient in that method?
Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas to you.
*Santa Claus is allright with me*

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seemed pretty confident when you said this:
pj
chgo
I am still just as confident. I'm just not a teacher. (Stan Shuffett does not like students who are not certified by him to make attempts at teaching.)
However you are an affiliate instructor..I saw your name on that billiard university site.https://billiarduniversity.org/instructor_list.html.
There's no need to badger on me. My posting is to see if someone like you, or you yourself, will type out about how to use the "just see the shot and shoot without aiming" method.
I know you like to teach and instruct because I see your name in many places around this site with guidance counseling about the aspects of the game for players. I guess you're an expert in the methods and I like to know new things. Especially something as revolutionary as "just see the shot and shoot without aiming".
Can you, as an affiliate instructor at the billiard university, elaborate on this method?
It would really be exciting to know about.
Thanks.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Can you, as an affiliate instructor at the billiard university, elaborate on this method?
You want me to elaborate on Lou’s “just see and shoot” method, but you can’t describe your own “perfect” method.

lol

You’re not the sharpest spoon in the troll drawer, are you?

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want me to elaborate on Lou’s “just see and shoot” method, but you can’t describe your own “perfect” method.
lol
You’re not the sharpest spoon in the troll drawer, are you?
pj
chgo

Sir, you are an affiliate instructor at the well respected billiard teaching facility.https://billiarduniversity.org/instructor_list.html. You instruct people around here quite often. Therefore, I called on you because of that expertise.
I am not an instructor and I don't think it is good for others if I start running my mouth about the ins and outs of how my chosen method works if I haven't been certified by the one who advanced it...in this case, Stan Shuffett.
I am looking for answers...I'm not looking to pontificate about "what I know", but what a trained instructor like "yourself knows".
I don't get along with Mr. Figueroa because he has a very short fuse, in my simple opinion, so I keep him on ignore to avoid any arguments. He has nothing to do with my request here about the "just see the shot and shoot without aiming method". I wasn't even aware that he invented the method.
Can you just remain on topic here, please, and not go into personal attacks about me being some kind of spoon in a drawer?
Your knowledge would be great for all the members here and those who are thinking of becoming members.
Are you capable of explaining this method as an instructor or not?
Thank you again for considering this request.

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir, you are an affiliate instructor at the well respected billiard teaching facility.https://billiarduniversity.org/instructor_list.html. You instruct people around here quite often. Therefore, I called on you because of that expertise.
I am not an instructor and I don't think it is good for others if I start running my mouth about the ins and outs of how my chosen method works if I haven't been certified by the one who advanced it...in this case, Stan Shuffett.
I am looking for answers...I'm not looking to pontificate about "what I know", but what a trained instructor like "yourself knows".
I don't get along with Mr. Figueroa because he has a very short fuse, in my simple opinion, so I keep him on ignore to avoid any arguments. He has nothing to do with my request here about the "just see the shot and shoot without aiming method". I wasn't even aware that he invented the method.
Can you just remain on topic here, please, and not go into personal attacks about me being some kind of spoon in a drawer?
Your knowledge would be great for all the members here and those who are thinking of becoming members.
Are you capable of explaining this method as an instructor or not?
Thank you again for considering this request.

Maybe don't create these threads if you claim something which you know nothing about?

Sounds like you cannot give any input on the subject so......

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I am not an instructor and I don't think it is good for others if I start running my mouth about the ins and outs of how my chosen method works
You started this thread to run your mouth about how "perfect" your chosen method is.

When you start making sense and being honest maybe you'll be considered more than a troll.

pj <- holding my breath
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe don't create these threads if you claim something which you know nothing about?
Sounds like you cannot give any input on the subject so......
That's a very harsh thing to say.
Furthermore it is irrelevant to the topic of my thread.
I am inquiring about a method of shooting pool called "just see the shot and shoot without aiming".
I thought maybe an expert instructor who is an affiliate of the billiarduniversity could answer my inquiry. That would be Mr. Johnson.
How are you deciding to mix in this if you have no answers to my inquiry?
Please, no personal stuff about what I am able to do. That is irrelevant to my inquiry.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You started this thread to run your mouth about how "perfect" your chosen method is.
When you start making sense and being honest maybe you'll be considered more than a troll.
pj <- holding my breath
chgo
For some reason, you have hostility toward my inquiry. My inquiry makes perfect sense. It doesn't deserve personal attacks at me.
You're the instructor, I am not.
I'd like to know how it works but I can see you're not interested in supplying any facts on how it works.
Goodbye.
I hope whatever is causing you to have a bad day will get better for you.
:confused:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am inquiring about a method of shooting pool called "just see the shot and shoot without aiming".
I thought maybe an expert instructor who is an affiliate of the billiarduniversity could answer my inquiry. That would be Mr. Johnson.
How are you deciding to mix in this if you have no answers to my inquiry?
Please, no personal stuff about what I am able to do. That is irrelevant to my inquiry.
Thank you.

You started a thread called CTE and PSR which I posted in asking about CTE and PSR which you said you are not qualified to answer questions about.

Now you say the thread is about Just see and Shoot.

Did you just use the wrong title or are we not talking about the original post any longer?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Let's keep it simple.
Someone tell me the PSR to 6 shots on CTE.
Just 15*,30*,45*,60*,75* and 90*.
I don't need a system on 0*.
I just line up center to center base of the balls.

Where do I line up my rear foot and stroking line ?
How do I get to the stroking line?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Apparently you're confused about the topic of your own thread. Look up :rolleyes: - the title (the one you wrote) says "PSR and CTE Aiming". But that's the one thing you won't discuss - go figure.

You've been told that "see and shoot" is something Lou said - continuing to press it here is just more dishonest trolling.

pj
chgo

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE has a way....what are the other ways for other methods?

I will try this one more time hopefully someone will reply who has self control and can answer my inquiry without insulting me. This is from post #1 which I created.
CTE Aiming, of course, provides a very exact way of planning and executing a prefect PSR (Pre Shot Routine). Tyler Styer's supervisor/coach at the Mosconi Cup openly admired it. Those top action coaches aren't easily impressed, you know.
However, the masses of pool players haven't become aware yet of what a powerful tool CTE can be when it comes to that very crucial PSR. But that will all change.
I'm curious as to what are the exact steps in other approaches to PSR that gets a player into the ultimate position for the perfect stroke on each and every shot.
As well as positioning the eyes and head appropriately to be able to just "see the shot" without any aiming procedures/methods/systems.

I can't speak personally about how it's accomplished in Poolology, See See, Mosconi Fractions, or any of the other concepts because I don't know how they work and only use one (CTE), myself.
As a student of the game, I am especially intrigued how it's accomplished in the "just see the shot" method. I like to learn new things. And there are other inquiring minds who would enjoy knowing those precise steps as well.
(Please...."just hit a million balls" won't do. That method(?) is so worn out and hackneyed it can't be considered seriously in modern discussions about this great game.The obvious rebuttal to the "hit a million balls method" is merely......"what happens if the player hits the million balls over and over in the wrong way?" He/she could be stuck at a plateau for decades and never rise above the circumstances.)

I'm all ears and thank you.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can take a stab at answering your question, but before that maybe you already have the answer and don't realize it. Since you have been playing by the HAMB method for the last 50 (?) years before you kind of learned CTE, can you tell us how you were able to pocket a ball with that method? What was your PSR then?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I will try this one more time hopefully someone will reply who has self control and can answer my inquiry without insulting me. This is from post #1 which I created.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I misread your original post, and did jump the gun on you. My apologies for my rudeness and the distraction.

Maybe Lou, who says he shoots like that (I don't), will answer your question.

pj
chgo