Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you were wondering what does it look like when used
here is a video of it being used by its proponent lou figueroa
the video is 10 years old so perhaps the method has been improved
i wish the captions were not in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUqCPoBWXxs

This video shows that there is more to the game than simply aiming. You need to do things to break apart clusters, for example, and that makes the task more difficult. I can show you video of top professionals going 3 and out at the challenge table. What does that prove?

Anyway, I went ahead and reported your post on this beautiful Christmas morning as the usual pattern around here is that CTE supporters seem to think they can belittle whomever they want without consequence.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for posting that, Larry.

Yes, I didn’t do so good that series of attempts. But then of course it’s tough, being an amateur player and getting up at the DCC straight pool room, when you have guys like Holhman, and Mika, and JS sitting around watching you waiting for their turn. I recall one year keeping score for Allen Hopkins and he couldn’t get out of the first rack in 12 consecutive tries. But I guess it’s easy for you to take a shot like this from behind the comfort of your screen rather than get up and post a video of yourself in competition.

Anywhos, here’s another series from the 14.1 DCC challenge where at least I run a few:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJH_Q-GgnCY

Merry Christmas, Larry.

Lou Figueroa

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that, Larry.

Yes, I didn’t do so good that series of attempts. But then of course it’s tough, being an amateur player and getting up at the DCC straight pool room, when you have guys like Holhman, and Mika, and JS sitting around watching you waiting for their turn. I recall one year keeping score for Allen Hopkins and he couldn’t get out of the first rack in 12 consecutive tries. But I guess it’s easy for you to take a shot like this from behind the comfort of your screen rather than get up and post a video of yourself in competition.

Anywhos, here’s another series from the 14.1 DCC challenge where at least I run a few:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJH_Q-GgnCY

Merry Christmas, Larry.

Lou Figueroa

great shooting lou
much better example of see and shoot...:)
i had not seen that one
merry christmas to you too....:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This video shows that there is more to the game than simply aiming. You need to do things to break apart clusters, for example, and that makes the task more difficult. I can show you video of top professionals going 3 and out at the challenge table. What does that prove?

Anyway, I went ahead and reported your post on this beautiful Christmas morning as the usual pattern around here is that CTE supporters seem to think they can belittle whomever they want without consequence.

In reply, here's a video of Stan doing what he does - avoiding answering a real question by just blathering on about the same crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYm7n7uxdo0&feature=youtu.be

i was not trying to belittle anyone dan
it was a video i happened upon
since not many people use lou's just see and shoot system
i thought people interested in aiming would be interested to see it in action
lou's link to his 112 run shows just how strong a system it could be....:)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m going to call BS.

If you google me, the series I posted comes up first, then videos from my match with JB. You went out of your way to find that one and then, after seeing I didn’t run many balls and the nature of the captions, decided to post it.

Lou Figueroa

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m going to call BS.

If you google me, the series I posted comes up first, then videos from my match with JB. You went out of your way to find that one and then, after seeing I didn’t run many balls and the nature of the captions, decided to post it.

Lou Figueroa

"Nobody asked your opinion
And your snide remark has nothing to do with the thread"
Last edited by bbb; 12-23-2018 at 08:40 AM.

But, I'll write this anyway....

Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
edit
lou below provided a link to a 112 run in straight pool
shows that the shoot and see system can get you great results
nice shooting lou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJH_Q-GgnCY&app=desktop

I’m going to call BS.

Lou Figueroa
lou
you can call what you want
i was not trying to belittle you in fact i edited my first post so anyone coming to see the thread would get your link link to a very nice 100+ run in straight pool.( i bolded the part i added in my quote above . i will bold it in the first post so noone misses it )
not many people are in the 100 club
very impressive

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lou
you can call what you want
i was not trying to belittle you in fact i edited my first post so anyone coming to see the thread would get your link link to a very nice 100+ run in straight pool.( i bolded the part i added in my quote above . i will bold it in the first post so noone misses it )
not many people are in the 100 club
very impressive

Well then, I will choose to still call BS because if I hadn’t responded with other videos, yours would have stood alone.

Lou Figueroa

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think most players do. What makes you think otherwise?

pj
chgo

I realize this is not a large sample size but in lou’s thread asking people about aiming systems they know and what do they use if anyone besides Lou mentioned just see the shot and shoot it it was not a lot of people on a percentage or absolute basis
Except for that youtube parody on aiming “put it in the hole “ i havent seen anything written about it either
I dont find it on dr daves site either
If you have a link to some articles on it
As a student of the game i would like to read them or videos if available
Since you said above you think many players see and shoot without a system
How many?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What does CTE have to do with this post. The OP doesn't use it to my knowledge.
But we all know you have connections and nothing more then a 5 or 6 hour ban will happen to you.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does CTE have to do with this post. The OP doesn't use it to my knowledge.
You once again bringing up your bias against Stan shows that you are the true person trying to belittle people. But we all know you have connections and nothing more then a 5 or 6 hour ban will happen to you.

Nice psychology there. Challenge the moderator to prove you wrong hoping I get a long ban for defending someone who is getting bashed for no apparent reason. Fact is I haven't even mentioned Stan or CTE in many months. Maybe once??? I'll delete my reference to Stan, OK? Let's see if you do the same or if you just want the issue to stay alive like a liberal using something like immigration to beat over a conservative's head at election time. I'll check back later today and see if you leave it up, lol.

Oh, and bbb seems to be a real charming guy. Here's a recent post that has a lot to do with Stan:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6293166&postcount=79

At least you are consistent in that you never contribute anything constructive to AZ other than sniping at people in this forum. It's CTE 24/7 with you and if anybody disagrees then you attack them. It seems to be OK for you to do that but those of us who actually understand science usually get the worst of it eventually. That said, I said what I think was appropriate and I'm done discussing it with you. bbb seems to have taken it all back, I guess.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Uhh, OK if you say so. FYI probably .0001 percent of pool players have even heard of an aiming system other than ghost ball. Aiming is the easy part. Putting the cue ball where you intended it to go is the stuff that takes years to learn well. Most never do.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
not many people use lou's just see and shoot system

I think most players do. What makes you think otherwise?

I realize this is not a large sample size but in lou’s thread asking people about aiming systems
This is an aiming subforum on a pool forum - its participants are a tiny sliver of the most aiming-obsessed pool-obsessed pool players. It's a tiny sliver of AzB participants, much less of the pool playing world. I'd estimate the vast majority of pool players have never heard of an aiming system.

Lou mentioned just see the shot and shoot ...
Except for that youtube parody on aiming “put it in the hole “ i havent seen anything written about it either
I dont find it on dr daves site either
If you have a link to some articles on it
As a student of the game i would like to read them or videos if available
Articles and videos on "see the shot and shoot"? You're kidding or trolling.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is an aiming subforum on a pool forum - its participants are a tiny sliver of the most aiming-obsessed pool-obsessed pool players. It's a tiny sliver of AzB participants, much less of the pool playing world. I'd estimate the vast majority of pool players have never heard of an aiming system.

Articles and videos on "see the shot and shoot"? You're kidding or trolling.

pj
chgo

patrick
i am not kidding, i am serious and not trolling
i am not aware of videos or articles on pocketing balls that dont give some kind of system for aiming.
i am not aware of a see the shot and shoot material
if they are out there i ask again for you to educate me and provide one.(or as many as you would like )
thanks in advance