Pool Cue Cases

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
too nice a case makes for something to get stolen. why tempt people in bars and pool rooms.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
They are complete trash compared to JB. If you have expensive cues, I wouldn't use an Acme case even it was given to me for free. Same goes for Vultori another shit product

Funny, I say the same about the Ultrapad interior from JB

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Funny, I say the same about the Ultrapad interior from JB

The ultrapad actually has padding from top to bottom. I have 2 different size interiors for my case so I have 2 ultrapads that come out and you can see the quality in the whole thing. I know 100% my cues are protected. Can't say that about the other 2 companies I've mentioned.

The only people I see that don't agree about the JB Cases vs any others are people that have issues with John himself in all honesty.

I'm also not saying there aren't a few other great case makers that offer great protection but the acme & Vultori are both horrid.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I primarily use a JB 3x4 and have a JB 3x6 for storage. They're great cases and what I would recommend. I've also thought about tube style interiors and looked at this case a while back. Pechauer makes quality products and this is around $170 at Seyberts etc. My only concern is it lists the interior at 29.5" so if you use jp's they might not fit well.

Attachments

• Pechauer 3x6.PNG
    Pechauer 3x6.PNG
    191.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
In my nearly 30yrs of buying crap to play this game, I have only ever been completely satisfied with one purchase. That was my JB case...

I assemble my cues and leave them in this case all day without concern.

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
Thanks to all, based on a couple comments from people who use case like me while shooting I decided I will get a JB.

rocketceo

<<< rocketceo >>>
If you're considering JB, read this...

I thoroughly researched every case maker in America and most of Europe, and decided on JB. Also spent a couple hours going through their excellent site. The case is great, perhaps the best on the market, but -- by all the pool Gods -- beware the people selling it to you.

I talked to John personally at SBX last year, late March. Told him it was critical I get the case by mid-August. He said "Ok." I ordered a custom 3x6 classic leather case, and paid in full upfront $920, as he required.

As August approached, I called and called and left many voicemails -- never a reply, NOT ONE. I left countless emails, and usually had to followup 2 to 3 times (and once 6 times!) to get a response. I was consistently polite and patient throughout the most frustrating business transaction in my lifetime (and I ran several corporations). I won't get into detail, but suffice to say many promises were made, and NONE of them were kept (dealing mostly with his wife Karen, not John). On a scale of 1 to 10, John may have designed and built a 10 case, but the running of the business, honesty and customer service gets about a minus 4.

I didn't receive the design until mid-September, which I quickly approved. It still took another 5 months(!!) to make the case, and I didn't receive it until early March. So 4.5 month promise upfront, but the case wasn't received until almost a year later. If it was going to be over 11 months because it's a custom case, then fine, tell me and I'll quietly wait -- but don't tell someone 4.5 months to get the business, then blow them off perhaps two dozen times, and deliver the case over a half-year late. That's just wrong. But wait... it gets worse.

End of the story... before shipping I receive an email saying I had paid $500(??), and because of the delay John said $800 would be fine, so please send another $300. I sent back a copy of the receipt for the $920 I actually paid with the order, politely thanked John for the courtesy discount, and asked for the extra $120 to be refunded to the card I paid with. Guess what happened? True to form, another broken promise, no refund, and after trying to contact them a few more times to get them to live up to their word, no response at all. Radio silence, so I gave up. Honor clearly means little to them. It's a puzzle, really. Where did the imaginary $500 number come from? That exact number couldn't exist in any order book or record. Did they just make it up? Guess? Decide for yourself -- either they figured I might not know what deposit I gave them, and were crookedly squeezing me for more money, or they are so disorganized as a business that they have no idea what their customers paid, or owe them. I don't know, but either possibility is REALLLLY bad.

Again, it's one of the best cases out there, but if you decide to use them, I suggest getting everything ironclad in writing, keep your receipt carefully, don't expect the case when they promise it, be prepared for no response to communications, expect less than zero customer service, and DO NOT EXPECT HONEST DEALINGS. None of this is exaggerated, and dead on what happened. I don't like negative reports like this, and regret writing it, but my experience with them was extraordinarily distasteful. I was so frustrated that after about 9 months I contacted VISA to see if I could cancel the order. Because they had broken their word I was told "Yes," and I came within a whisker of doing so and starting all over, losing almost a year. Now THAT'S an unhappy customer! BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Lady came to play pool today, she had a 3 X 4 Rugged Case, very functional, well made, not to go wow wow wow about. But protects Cues.