Im bored so I decided to ask. Underhandicapped players?.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just by going off of the 404 series, and 30k. Who do you guys think are some of Ontario's underhandicapped players?. Heres my list.

1:Tyler Nearing is a 6. Could be a 7 no problem.

2:Mike Patrowicz is a 7. Could easily be an 8. He seems to get into the money all the time and has been doing well lately. Hes beaten all the top players in Ontario many times over.

3: Dan Doerner was an 8 and now is a 9. Just thought I would mention him hehe.

4: Jeff Robson is a 5. I have not seen him play in a long time but im sure he could be a 6 now.

5: Brittany Bryant is a 5!!!!! lol. She has been doing very well lately I think she could still do well as a 6.

6: Dennis Rhoodes is a 7. This guy is very SOLID. Has the best safety game in Ontario (just my opinion.). Could be an 8 easily.

7:Elio that came second in 30k finals. I beleive this guy is a 7 correct?.

8: George Cornelius seems to get into the cash all the time,and does very well.

These are the players that first come to my mind if someone ask's me "Who do you think are underhandicapped?". I am not trying to start anything Im just bored, and was curious as to what players you guys think are underhandicapped.

I consider myself underhandicapped, BUT!!!!!.......I get nervous under competition, and play very poorly. I have never made money (maybe once or twice). Once I get my nerv's under control ill be fine :grin:

PS. Sorry if I misspelled people's names

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People like being under-handicapped, surprised?

I have to agree with #s 1, 2, 4 and 5. I play as a 5 pretty much everywhere, Im very inconsistant but sometimes I play semi-decent. What happens when I do that and finally win a couple matches? I am INSTANTLY bumped up.

How about writing up a list of the biggest jerks? whiners?

If you had someone that knew how the players played but wasnt buddy buddy with them, I guarantee you would see a LOT of players handicaps go up for these tournaments.

I wouldnt say you are under handicapped probably on the high side of a 6 but if you were bumped, I wouldnt be surprised.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A complainer list or whiners list would be to large to fit on here lol. There is probably 2 guys on that list I mentioned that complain/whine a shitload. But im not gona mention names, there not hard to pick out if you play them in tournaments lol.

srs314

shooterville.com
Interesting list! I would agree in most cases but the thing is at least the level they are allows them to compete with the top guys.

The problem as I see it is that the 9's and 10's win the majority of tournaments still.

The fact that these players are considered low I think means other players should move down rather than up. I think it's great that a guy like Mike P can give those 10's a run for their money but still the best he has placed is second. I would like to see other people give the 10's a tough match!!!

Just my opinion, and I know there are whiners out there but lets not get into a list of names and player bashing please.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya I wouldn't want to make that list anyways. Ya the 10's usually win anyways, it is tough. Maybe they should go to 11 in the next 404?. Something does have to be done with the 10's :(. Lets kick them all out!!!, or make them play opposite handed lol. I dunno I don't really care for the handicap system anyways.

If it were up to me I would just have it that everyone races to the same amount but the lower ranked players pay less to enter into the tournament than the higher ranked ones.

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gatz said:
A complainer list or whiners list would be to large to fit on here lol. There is probably 2 guys on that list I mentioned that complain/whine a shitload. But im not gona mention names, there not hard to pick out if you play them in tournaments lol.

Sometimes Ive noticed, the better you play, the more you whine. ha!

What I find that is odd about the handicapping is that NO ONE ever changes. You play your first tournament at "X" handicap and you're stuck there. I dont know of any players who have had their handicap raised since Ive been around. (not long)

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my handicap at 30k got bumped up a half.... had a good day..didnt end up cashing that day....or ever on the few stops i did play

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone gave me bad "REP" for this topic LOL. I must of hit a nerv with one of the players on that list or something haha.

Bad rep away I don't care it's a stupid system, and very badly abused. :thumbup:

srs314

shooterville.com
Does anyone have any ideas about how to handicap tournaments? There are lots of systems out there but lets see if anyone has any new ideas!!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Beginner said:
Until now i still don't know my true handicap at shooters..:D:D:D

I play as a 6 there, Im not too sure exactly how it works, low to high but one time I was a six so every time I just say Im a six.

Maybe I should be like........ a negative 11, with my previous results!

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
I play as a 6 there, Im not too sure exactly how it works, low to high but one time I was a six so every time I just say Im a six.

Maybe I should be like........ a negative 11, with my previous results!

your a good 6 give yourself more credit.

I have no idea about the handicap system you have there....so how good or consistent is a 7/8? can they break and run multiple times consistently.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dbhattacharya said:
I have no idea about the handicap system you have there....so how good or consistent is a 7/8? can they break and run multiple times consistently.

There is a big jump in skill from 7 to 8. A 6 and 7 play relatively the same. An 8 will run out when given the chance 80% of the time in my opinion. There are very few 8's because usually there 9's or 10's anyways. If someone is an 8 they are sometimes a favorite for the tournament because they can play the same speed as a 9 or 10. Very stealthy like lol.

This is why there are very few 8's. I can only think of a handful.

To make it alittle easier to understand. An 8 would give Johnny Morra/Jason Klatt (wich are 10's) a good run for there money, if not win. A 6/7 would rarely win this match. Even if a 6/7 is playing there best, not missing a ball, they will still make minor mistakes in safeties, position errors etc.. wich will cost them the match.

Last edited:

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gatz said:
2:Mike Patrowicz is a 7. Could easily be an 8. He seems to get into the money all the time and has been doing well lately. Hes beaten all the top players in Ontario many times over.

I was playing with him in Newmarket awhile back and we were discussing his ranking, he knows he plays a little higher than his handicap, but why complain when you are getting that extra game on the wire :D

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
johnnydub said:
I was playing with him in Newmarket awhile back and we were discussing his ranking, he knows he plays a little higher than his handicap, but why complain when you are getting that extra game on the wire :D

Hes not complaining, and I wouldn't either if I had his skill with his handicap. It's like stealing candy from a baby lol. Well it's not that bad, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the flipside,overhandicapping, when i first went to the k series tourneys 2/3 years ago they put my handicap as a 6 after playing a few racks with one of the players there, that was way to high for me back then, which was one of the reasons I didnt go back

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6..........I was playing a bit with Keith on table 1, and then Mike Patrowicz later on. Ah your the guy that I almost nailed with the cueball eh?.

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha ya that was me, I was in orangeville for work yesterday so I stopped in on the way home, forgot my cue though so I didnt want to play anyone with one of the bar cues, next time im in the area ill let you know, we should hit a few