One Pocket is so slow....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Soooo....a seven ahead one pocket match finally ended.
One of the first spectators arrived in this...

IMG_4617.JPG

The last spectator for the final week arrived in this....

IMG_4618.JPG

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
This is not a good year for statues. I hope Phila leaves Rocky alone.

Well, at least---and this is a 'for sure' thing---at least 1-P players cannot be accused of being racists....Get it, race-ists...race?....fast?....

Jeff Livingston

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, at least---and this is a 'for sure' thing---at least 1-P players cannot be accused of being racists....Get it, race-ists...race?....fast?....

Jeff Livingston

One pocket is so slow...... race..... race-ists
The hare and the tortoise kind of thing.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This one pocket thread is so slow....
...it'll never get 100,000 views.
...right, Dean?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Wirth is incredible. I pulled a Wirth move on a guy a last weekend, played an aggressive 2-railer and punched the rack, rolling several balls toward my hole. The 2-railer hit the pocket and I ran 8 more. I was spotting the guy 9-6. He said, "What was that?" Lol

Great feeling. Nice going.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Pocket is only slow for those who cannot absorb the unique subtleties of the game..Like maybe mountain gorillas, or 9ball players!..The average homing pigeon will catch on pretty quick! :p :p :p

Last edited:

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Slower than a perfectionist shooting a one-pocket match at a procrastinator's meeting while standing in molasses in February":p

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Now you just know this exchange belongs in this thread....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Just heard from Ted Harris, he has power now and is getting back to work. Looks like Tom Wirth also has power again and is writing a new book - how to play 1pckt in the dark lol
Jason

Kickin'chicken
Oh good; I was hoping someone would come up with a way for 1p take a little longer...

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Apparently, the 1-P players forgot to set their clocks back, Sunday, therefore the pool tournament will start in one hour.

Jeff Livingston

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished my first 1 pocket match....of course it started about the same time as this thread!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
One Pocket is so slow.....

...last week the Phoenix homicide department
came out and drew a chalk line around Scott Frost.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow.......:boring2::boring2::boring2:

A man won five world one pocket championships.....

.....in one match

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Well, grandsonny, when I started this game of one-pocket we was watchin' the news on a kerosene-powered t.v. and now they got this thang called the inner net. Yep!":smile:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not being a 1P player, I'm not sure why these jokes just jumped into my mind yesterday. But here they are... Please add any of yours.

One Pocket is so slow....

...One time, I air-barreled $500 on a 1P game...

...I lost but could cover the bet because by then my Social Security had kicked-in!

Jeff Livingston

I don’t play one pocket because I have to use my brain...

Jeff Livingston

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
The only people who don't think 1P is slow are slow themselves.
It is possible to understand the game and still find it to be slow. I've watched great players like Crane and Matthews play marathons with almost every ball being lagged up table at some point during the game. That is boring to people who have shit to do.
Why anyone would rent a table by the hour to play that game is the real mystery.