2013 Wow, what a start!

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
My Jan. accomplishments include processing paperwork, and three (3) 4-hour private lessons. Finally ready to get things moving in Feb!

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Sir!

I have five pool goals right now:
4. Have a pool school scheduled in Evansville large enough to draw Randy and Scott by 12/31/2013.

Sir,
If you would like for me to come down and, after you and Randy and Scott are done with the students, give them a few lessons in the really advanced areas of the game, then i will be glad to do so..;);)

I am only about an hour from Evansville now that we have I-69.

Mike

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You know it's time to go to sleep when you login and think you might have read something about RandyG and Scott being instructional fluffers for DCP :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
You know it's time to go to sleep when you login and think you might have read something about RandyG and Scott being instructional fluffers for DCP :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hello my friend. Hope the New Year is right for you.

randyg

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Our local Park District has a teenage center called the STC Underground, where the teens can hang out and play games and socialize with other teens.

I'm gonna run 8ball tourneys once a month, provide them with the rules, ref the matches and give a group lesson afterwards to the kids that want them. Trying to get some interest from the kids that wanna play pool.

The center has a pretty good table to boot. (No charge for my services) Just trying to promote the sport a little in my "hood"....... Maybe, just maybe, I can get my own 13 year old son to go and play pool :dance:
He plays most sports, but pool is NOT one of them !!

R.J. Wilkinson - shootpool2004@yahoo.com
ACS Level 3 Instructor (Advanced)
House Pro - Rack'em Up Billiards
Former Instructor - CUE U

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Hey Pops. 2013 is looking good in the Carolinas. I will be busy every weekend I am in Charlotte for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Steve

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far I've certified two new instructors (with interest from several others interested in becoming PBIA instructors), upgraded one, and I have a clinic with 4 Detroit players next weekend! Gotta love my job! LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

joepool

PBIA Advanced Instructor
Hey from the Left Coast :)

I am in my 7th year as a pro instructor and like it more than ever.

It is the best job I ever had, although it doesn't feel like work.

(www.beginnersmindpool.com)

Last edited:

joepool

PBIA Advanced Instructor
Ya, you are one of those guys who like to teach. Come to think about it, you teach very well. I'm proud of you.

See you in Vegas
randyg
thanks, Randy ---

I am planning to be at the RIO for at least a few days this year.

To reply to your original post, I have many hours of instruction to log for 2012 and 2013 is going well -- a little behind on my paperwork :)

I learned that from Scott ! (Just kidding, Scott)

Hoping all have a great year.

Tom

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Well with February coming to a close, I have a total of 28 hours instruction year-to-date. I have taught 6 adults and 2 children. All have been impressed with the material covered and have felt very rapid improvement in their game.

I am glad to have become a member - I have loved all of my sessions!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve is a great example of what the PBIA is trying to accomplish. We want instructors who really want to teach, want to serve their communities, and are willing to put in the effort to become skilled communicators. Great job Steve! It was my honor to bring you into the PBIA program and as a member of our SPF family of instructors.

Scott Lee

Well with February coming to a close, I have a total of 28 hours instruction year-to-date. I have taught 6 adults and 2 children. All have been impressed with the material covered and have felt very rapid improvement in their game.

I am glad to have become a member - I have loved all of my sessions!

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Steve is a great example of what the PBIA is trying to accomplish. We want instructors who really want to teach, want to serve their communities, and are willing to put in the effort to become skilled communicators. Great job Steve! It was my honor to bring you into the PBIA program and as a member of our SPF family of instructors.

Scott Lee

Thank you very much sir! I received one of the most rewarding texts after my lesson with the 2 teenagers and their mother. The youngest one didn't particularly enjoy playing but did it because mom and his older brother enjoyed playing, but after his lesson... His mom text me the next day and said he really enjoys playing now!

RadicalOne

PBIA Certified Instructor
Silver Member
Great News Steve!

Thank you very much sir! I received one of the most rewarding texts after my lesson with the 2 teenagers and their mother. The youngest one didn't particularly enjoy playing but did it because mom and his older brother enjoyed playing, but after his lesson... His mom text me the next day and said he really enjoys playing now!

Steve,

Great news on your experiences. I just started with a 15 year old young man here in Albuquerque. He has a natural talent for the game and, as is typical for most young people, soaks up knowledge like a sponge.

Good to hear the hours that you've logged! Like you, I'm happy to be part of this family of instructors (PBIA). I know that any of my students can go on, when ready, to a fellow or more advanced instructor and I know they will be prepared.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Can i be one? I can shoot a good game of 9-Ball by only missing two shots.

Mike

Mike

If that's what you want to try and do, why not.

How about coming down this Summer and getting enrolled into the PBIA.

Looking forward to it,
randyg

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike

If that's what you want to try and do, why not.

How about coming down this Summer and getting enrolled into the PBIA.

Looking forward to it,
randyg

Do i have to teach what the PBIA teaches or can i teach the game any way i want?

Mike