Josh Filler says to SVB, "There's a new King!"

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Lololol. Hard to believe most of the people here even play pool.

I don't know if that's supposed to be an insult to me or not. Maybe because I'm just that stupid or because I hardly play and I'm terrible and like my disclaimer says, you probably shouldn't listen to anything I say.

...but...

I like Shane in the long race. We just seen Filler buckle twice in that last race to 5. Once the Shane train leaves the station and starts delivering packages, that kid's shit-ass attitude will keep him in the chair even longer.

I know he's matched up with some big names, but has he done the big race with anyone yet?

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I don't know if that's supposed to be an insult to me or not. Maybe because I'm just that stupid or because I hardly play and I'm terrible and like my disclaimer says, you probably shouldn't listen to anything I say.

...but...

I like Shane in the long race. We just seen Filler buckle twice in that last race to 5. Once the Shane train leaves the station and starts delivering packages, that kid's shit-ass attitude will keep him in the chair even longer.

I know he's matched up with some big names, but has he done the big race with anyone yet?

Filler might make Shane retire.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler might make Shane retire.

Good Lord. I dont know if you are just trying to get a rise out of people or what, but what in the world have you ever seen out of Shane that would make you make this statement?

Skyler just stood in the box against Filler, in the most pressure packed arena in pool, and stole his lunch money. Do you honestly think Shane is skeered?

Retire SVB? Good one, but You gotta be trolling.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well apparently the news spread outside the pool world and a couple of folks are offended :grin:

pcharles.JPG

lk1.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Filler even gamble?
Filler put a beat down on the Lion in Vegas playing 10 Ball this year

He beat Jung Lin Chang in the Action room at the Derby playing 10 Ball this year

He played several action matches at the Derby last couple of years

He gambles and does very well at it :)

Attachments

• 51348050_2298227563523172_9007055167178145792_n.jpg
    51348050_2298227563523172_9007055167178145792_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler put a beat down on the Lion in Vegas playing 10 Ball this year

He beat Jung Lin Chang in the Action room at the Derby playing 10 Ball this year

He played several action matches at the Derby last couple of years

He gambles and does very well at it :)

Maybe....

Get him in race to 100 against SVB and see how he likes it.

I'm betting on SVB. (Not thousands but $100)

Ken

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe....

Get him in race to 100 against SVB and see how he likes it.

I'm betting on SVB. (Not thousands but $100)

Ken
Why race to 100 or 120 ?

Those long races often end up being boring at the end like SVB VS Orcollo

I would rather see them play races to 25 or 30 best 4 out 7 sets or something like that

Much better format to stream & for side action on every set.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why race to 100 or 120 ?

I would rather see them play races to 25 or 30 best 4 out 7 sets or something like that

Kinda o n the same page...
...how about race to 15....best of 5 sets.
You can make a flat bet....and bet on every individual match.

Has anybody ever watched the whole match in a race to 100?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why race to 100 or 120 ?

Exactly.

100 is such an arbitrary number that people with a limited understanding of variance pulled out of the air in an effort to come up with a format that "evens out the rolls"

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler

Maybe Filler is the new King. He sure didn't look very noble when Skylar handed him his defeat and brought the Cup Trophy home for Team USA.

I don't think any knowledgeable pool junkie thinks two five game matches gives one the right to the "King's Crown".

I can see where he gets his swollen head from though. China Open, World 9 Ball and US Open in a three year period would do that to any one. As Shane said, Filler has been an unstoppable force for awhile.

Time is the test and we will see where he is in a few years. Right now he is hungry and has the competitive drive and edge and talent.

Maintaining that year after year, tournament after tournament, match after match, game after game and shot after shot will show if he is the King. Him and Shane are headed towards a match up, I look forward to seeing it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well, good for you guys

I’ve bet on four of them....and never watched more than 25%.

A guy asked me to play a race to 15 once....full rack snooker on a 6x12...
..told him....like to gamble...but wasn’t looking for a career....

And guess what, you can continue watching 25% of them.

Watch what you want and turn it off, just like the rest of the world.

You put up the $$$ and you can have them race to 1 if you want.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Maybe Filler is the new King. He sure didn't look very noble when Skylar handed him his defeat and brought the Cup Trophy home for Team USA.

I don't think any knowledgeable pool junkie thinks two five game matches gives one the right to the "King's Crown".

I can see where he gets his swollen head from though. China Open, World 9 Ball and US Open in a three year period would do that to any one. As Shane said, Filler has been an unstoppable force for awhile.

Time is the test and we will see where he is in a few years. Right now he is hungry and has the competitive drive and edge and talent.

Maintaining that year after year, tournament after tournament, match after match, game after game and shot after shot will show if he is the King. Him and Shane are headed towards a match up, I look forward to seeing it.

He's the world #1 right now, plain and simple, and that makes him King.

Tomorrow, next week, next year, has nothing to do with today.

If you're talking about longevity, that's an entirely different thing, and only time will give us the answer.

Good post.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Another thing

Filler 5 - 0 vs Thorpe
Filler 5 - 1 vs Shane
Filler 5 - 0 bs Shane
Filler 3 - 5 vs Sky

Filler 18 - 6 vs America seems pretty Kingly to me.

One loss and all of a sudden he's a chump lol

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
filler may be...

Filler may be an unstoppable object, but Shane is an immovable force...

Let's see what happens when they collide in a decent sized race...

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
2 race to 5 wins and he's a king???

Another thing

Filler 5 - 0 vs Thorpe
Filler 5 - 1 vs Shane
Filler 5 - 0 bs Shane
Filler 3 - 5 vs Sky

Filler 18 - 6 vs America seems pretty Kingly to me.

One loss and all of a sudden he's a chump lol

LOL, no, but 2 race to 5 wins doesn't make him the king either...lol

Jaden