Diamond Table Light Mounting...

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Diamond Light for my 9ft Diamond Pro table. I see the basic diagram of what is needed to mount this light to the ceiling.
Does anybody have one of these lights and have some close-up shots of the hardware they used to mount it?
Please post pics so I can see how you did it...
Thanks in advance :)

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used 1" eye bolts (self tapping), finishing washers, and medium weight chain.
4 eye bolts in the light, 4 in the ceiling, chain can be used to adjust the height off the table.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I didn't have much room due to a low ceiling where my table is, so I painted some super-strut white, mounted it to my ceiling into the joists then attached the light DIRECTLY to the super strut with no eyebolts, chains or otherwise.

The light runs cool and I've had no issues with it flush-mounted like this...

b

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used 1" eye bolts (self tapping), finishing washers, and medium weight chain.
4 eye bolts in the light, 4 in the ceiling, chain can be used to adjust the height off the table.

Mitch, can you post a close-up of the bolts into the ceiling? Also the top of the light where they connect?

Could you have done 2 bolts into the ceiling and just hang chain from that?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pics

Anybody else have pics of how their light is mounted? Close-ups of the brackets/bolts would be nice.....

Thanks in advance....

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
when I first saw this, couldn't remember how I hung mine. however, diamond is stopping by tomorrow to replace my red label rails with blue label rails and re-cloth the table. so, I thought tonight would be a good time to go ahead and replace the bulbs. ("artic white" T8 bulbs are the nutz - really bright)

I hung my light about 5 years ago directly to the ceiling (my table is in a basement)

light1.jpg

I think that you will find that the "structural" 1x3s that carry the weight of the light are set on 2' centers

light2.jpg

I hung the light directly to the floor joists. I used torx screws with a dab of gorilla glue to "hold" the light in place once I got it lined up exactly where I wanted it. then I used 5/16" lag bolts to secure it in place. i'm sure that I pre drilled pilot holes before I lifted the light up -- it's a two man job but the light is not heavy

light3.jpg

secured with lag bolts, I don't think you would pull the light off if you wanted to. I don't remember what length I used, probably 3"

if you haven't hung your light yet, hope this helps. take care.

dustin miller