Alex Giving 2/1 on the Money vs Anyone in the World!

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
I think Alex wins giving 8,7, because he won most of his games by running balls.
If it gets down to just a few balls Scott wins that grind out anyway IMO.

If you think Alex would rather give 8-7 than 9-8 you probably don't know much of absolutely anything about One Pocket. Alex can run 9 I assure you lol. I was almost positive Alex was going to win if the played even. Giving Scott 8-7 is gambling. The match wouldn't be as one sided as this last one I guarantee that. Jumpin Joe, who you like with Alex giving up 8-7 I like Alex still but its tough?

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Alex wins giving 8,7, because he won most of his games by running balls.
If it gets down to just a few balls Scott wins that grind out anyway IMO.

Did we get an answer to how many games came down to the last ball?

I only viewed last two days, and only recall one game where they battled for the last ball...for quite a while.

Great match.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think Alex would rather give 8-7 than 9-8 you probably don't know much of absolutely anything about One Pocket. Alex can run 9 I assure you lol. I was almost positive Alex was going to win if the played even. Giving Scott 8-7 is gambling. The match wouldn't be as one sided as this last one I guarantee that. Jumpin Joe, who you like with Alex giving up 8-7 I like Alex still but its tough?

I never said 8-7 was better than 9-8. I just said Alex can win giving 8-7

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex played Scott FIVE days to get up 8 games.....
...Alex can't give Scott anything.

Scott is a champion...and it takes a champion to beat him.

amicenheimer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you should consider upping this to a longer ahead set. I don't think we can crown a champion based on so few games being played. lol

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dippy Dave just posted this...

"I will lay 100k to 50k anyone wanting to play Alex Pagulayan 15 ahead one pocket. Scott Frost Ray Hansen Shane VanBoening Justin Bergman Tony Chohan Josh Arieh Its not hard and noone is barred.
Great match, was nice to see!"

John Mars might need to get Shane out of the stable. Giddyup!

CanI ask you - where did Dippy post this?

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex played really good and got one or two good rolls at critical points in the match.Alex banks like a monster and hardly ever misses a ball and his cue ball control is perfect. In Scotts defense he got several bad rolls in my opinion in critical points of the match also. If Scott wouldn't have got those few bad rolls they would still be playing. They both are world champion one pocket players in my opinion :)
Scott is the better mover but Alex is a better shot maker Alex does good in 9 or 10 ball tournaments. When the last time you ever heard Scott frost winning a 9or10 ball tournament. Johnny could play one pocket for 6 months an best Scott for the same reason Alex beat him they shot better.

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He posted it on his facebook page but it has now been deleted.

Well thats too bad - kind puts a damper on this whole thread...:grin:
Incidentally, Terry do you know when the link will be available that has the upload of the match?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sources smarter than me about matching up in pool have said Scott should *not* play Alex an 8 ahead match. Instead, it should be best 4 out of 7 races.

Not saying that Scott isn't a smart cookie about matching up, but from what I have been told, Scott should not engage in ahead sets with Alex. He has a better shot a races against Alex -- much better.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Sources smarter than me about matching up in pool have said Scott should *not* play Alex an 8 ahead match. Instead, it should be best 4 out of 7 races.

Not saying that Scott isn't a smart cookie about matching up, but from what I have been told, Scott should not engage in ahead sets with Alex. He has a better shot a races against Alex -- much better.

Right, the cream rises to the top in ahead sets. Scott's aggressive style can be unbeatable, but it can flop badly in a really long set, like it did.

He played great to hold out 5 days, but Power One Pocket definitely did not control the match from the outset.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't think this last match proved that alex is the best

i think its like anything else,he played good enough to win 8 games
it was not long ago when Gabe Owen ran over everyone at the Derby City
It looked like he could beat anyone in the world,but now he doesn't even play

I, personally ,will bet on efren to beat alex if they play

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Scott is the better mover but Alex is a better shot maker Alex does good in 9 or 10 ball tournaments. When the last time you ever heard Scott frost winning a 9or10 ball tournament. Johnny could play one pocket for 6 months an best Scott for the same reason Alex beat him they shot better.

You've got at least $5,000 worth of action with me if you can get Johnny to play this.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
i don't think this last match proved that alex is the best

i think its like anything else,he played good enough to win 8 games
it was not long ago when Gabe Owen ran over everyone at the Derby City
It looked like he could beat anyone in the world,but now he doesn't even play

I, personally ,will bet on efren to beat alex if they play

You've got action
Jason

RED LITE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a bet

Dippy Dave just posted this...

"I will lay 100k to 50k anyone wanting to play Alex Pagulayan 15 ahead one pocket. Scott Frost Ray Hansen Shane VanBoening Justin Bergman Tony Chohan Josh Arieh Its not hard and noone is barred.
Great match, was nice to see!"

John Mars might need to get Shane out of the stable. Giddyup!

------------------

Here's a bet: I bet someone at the I.R.S. reads this crap.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
------------------

Here's a bet: I bet someone at the I.R.S. reads this crap.

I m sure they keep track of all pool woofing as well as present tax bills to all the winners that have been discussed here over the years:rolleyes:

PS- Gambling losses are deductible against gambling winnings..

Last edited: