When do you get nervous?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I remember this guy now. This guy was accused of being involved in the ripoff of a cue, or several, some while back.
No one remembers?
Drives a fancy 'Vett and a Harley.
Baaaad news.
There was a BIG flap about it. I'm too busy right now to research it, but I'm not wrong.

Robin Snyder

Jeff Forney was a classic scammer from the Glen

JC

Coos Cues
Jeff Forney was a classic scammer from the Glen

This guy's name is Jeff also but that's not the last name. I assume I have his real name since he was able to cash my check?

I have a question from the community though. If this guy is really "bad news" then why has no one given him negative I trader? He has only positive including a tool I bought from him a couple months back. I know I trader isn't the end all but it should indicate something. Honestly if I would have seen even a single bad I trader I would not have sent a check. Well still hoping it's going to work out.

Edit:

It's looking like I might be screwed out of the easy route here. It's the same guy. The last name he gave me is his middle name. Same name and address from an assault police report from 2012 up there. Not sure how he was able to cash the check without a bank account and ID under that name. The check was not doctored. Maybe Forney is the alias?

Well I may never get my money back or the lathe but I'm not resting until I get some satisfaction. Sounds like he has run afoul of the law before so there will probably not be much leniency for mail fraud and theft if that's what it comes down to.
JC

Last edited:

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
AZ SCAM 2015.PNG

His last visit to AZ was on Dec. 30 . 2015.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Yep, Jeff Forney is a total scumbag. Sorry man. He frequents tournaments in his area so someone can find him.

I would just file police reports so you can get his accounts with the interstate fraud charges.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forney

Damn. I thought it would end up being him.

I wonder where he got all that equipment? He didn't seem to know much about some of it, certainly not what he would have known if he had ever used it.

When contacting the police, I think I would mention this aspect of it...that perhaps it was not his stuff to sell. It might whet their appetite for him.

Taking expensive tips in trade, thus avoiding Paypal, checks, etc. sounds like a great way for a scammer to operate, tips being practically legal tender among cuemakers and repairmen. He could sell 'em to these tradesmen for $0.60 on the dollar all day through Ebay or elsewhere under yet another name. Just an idea.

This guy has soured all my favorite memories of the Glen. What a jerk.

Robin Snyder

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is Jeff Forney,

I had a deal with him about 9 months ago and he sold me a bunch of repair items. I sent the money but sent it PayPal and when he didnt send the items and couldnt supply the shipping tracking info, I started a claim with paypal and after 7 days,

PayPal refunded my monies, but he was using a different account, no the BigDog

So, he changes idenities and it takes a while for the Moderators a while to Ban him.

If this is Jeff Forney,

Ban him and Bad Rep Him

MODERATORS, please do your job and research. I pay money to your site so it had funds to operate and take care of stuff like this.

Respectfully

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

JC

Coos Cues
Well I didn't write the check to Jeff Forney so someone cashed it for him without proper ID. There may be some recourse there there bank to bank?

Also he's been affiliated with the same address for several years, going back to that police report in 12. Maybe his mother's house? I did google the address before sending the check and it's a decent looking place. I bought a lathe from another member here for almost as much money and did the same thihg. Nice place you have BTW Frank!!:)

I'll tell you what's really sad is that two grand is "the big score" in this story and it's worth ending up in prison over. I too wonder where he got all this stuff. The router I bought from his was the exact one from the photo and arrived promptly. If it was stolen you would think this community would have knowledge of the theft?

Ammo up boys, the world is getting to be a scary place!

JC

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I didn't write the check to Jeff Forney so someone cashed it for him without proper ID. There may be some recourse there there bank to bank?

Also he's been affiliated with the same address for several years, going back to that police report in 12. Maybe his mother's house? I did google the address before sending the check and it's a decent looking place. I bought a lathe from another member here for almost as much money and did the same thihg. Nice place you have BTW Frank!!:)

I'll tell you what's really sad is that two grand is "the big score" in this story and it's worth ending up in prison over. I too wonder where he got all this stuff. The router I bought from his was the exact one from the photo and arrived promptly. If it was stolen you would think this community would have knowledge of the theft?

Ammo up boys, the world is getting to be a scary place!

JC

JC- I'll guess your two grand is the tip of the iceberg. What I recall is that this guy ripped off several people by one means or the other.

Perhaps now is a good time for people to post all known aliases for this jerk and perhaps his MO also.

Perhaps it's also time to see how many screen names his AP number has.

That might be a good start.

Robin Snyder

renegadej

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was suppose to buy this same lathe but he would never call me or send a number me to call him so I backed out I wasn't willing to send 2000 dollars without talking to him first I guess I lucked out I hope it works out for you:eek:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Yep, Jeff Forney is a total scumbag. Sorry man. He frequents tournaments in his area so someone can find him.

I would just file police reports so you can get his accounts with the interstate fraud charges.

Interstate is FBI. LEO is going to call this a civil matter, which good scammers know. Civil suits are conducted where the defendant LIVES. If you want to sue him, you'd hire someone to serve him, file in his county, and then drive to his county courthouse for the hearing....

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Forney

This guy has ripped off lots of people, usually comes into the forum does a few legit deals and then he scams somebody. Here's some the names he has used in the past. The address has been Watkins Glen, NY among others. Here's the link to the FBI internet fraud complaint; http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx All this information was gathered by one of the members: ridewiththewind also known as Lisa.

Whether bigdogk9 belongs on the list or not remains a question mark. I even did a trade with this guy and left him feedback :( I still think is him(jeff Forney)

NYCueCollector
poolplayer1714
barkcinnamon
tinlizzy
JForney36
jjj129
cuerepair1969
tripod
parismango
parisblackwood
scroogemcduck
donnasummer
wallstreet
stanley
blogmole
loniwheels
NYCustomCues
rsmith43

He has used E-bay user name "jcueman" in the past

Picture of Jeff Forney; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=240001&page=4

Last edited:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
This guy has ripped off lots of people, usually comes into the forum does a few legit deals and then he scams somebody. Here's some the names he has used in the past. The address has been Watkins Glen, NY among others. Here's the link to the FBI internet fraud complaint; http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx All this information was gathered by one of the members: ridewiththewind also known as Lisa.

Whether bigdogk9 belongs on the list or not remains a question mark. I even did a trade with this guy and left him feedback :(

NYCueCollector
poolplayer1714
barkcinnamon
tinlizzy
JForney36
jjj129
cuerepair1969
tripod
parismango
parisblackwood
scroogemcduck
donnasummer
wallstreet
stanley
blogmole
loniwheels
NYCustomCues

Picture of Jeff Forney; http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=240001&page=4

Yah........more like FBI internet trash bin....I know

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
where does he live? Maybe someone can verify the lathe is gone? or shipped? name of shipping company etc.??do some investigative work....Maybe a mutual friend of his?? or somebodys?
good luck....I hate this kind of thing. I had to drive to Michigan over a lathe I bought from a known cuemaker a few years ago.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watkins Glen????? I am from Glens Falls NY and will be doing a Vacation there right after the 1st. If I can do anything LMK. Thats not a large area and by one connection or another I can find anyone out that way.

Whether bigdogk9 belongs on the list or not remains a question mark. I even did a trade with this guy and left him feedback :( I still think is him(jeff Forney)

NYCueCollector
poolplayer1714
barkcinnamon
tinlizzy
JForney36
jjj129
cuerepair1969
tripod
parismango
parisblackwood
scroogemcduck
donnasummer
wallstreet
stanley
blogmole
loniwheels
NYCustomCues
rsmith43