Shaw wins | Overall 8:8
Kaci wins | Overall 8:9
SvB wins | Overall 9:9
Filler wins | Overall 9:10
Feijen makes the matchball | Europe wins Overall 9:11

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a sinkin' feeling too that Europe will win it now. I was pulling for USA and right up until that Bergman miss yesterday I believed that it would happen, but then he missed and suddenly I wasn't so sure anymore. Seeing this lineup, I think it's just not gonna happen for USA but we'll see.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My guess is that Shane and Bergman, the two best players on Team USA, who will match up against Kazakis and Feijen, the two worst players on Team Europe, will win their matches. If so, Team USA can avoid the tiebreaker match by beating any of Kaci, Shaw or Filler.

All that said, the final day of the Mosconi never goes according to script and the games aren't played on paper. We'll see who brings it in Session 4.

It has been a good fight so far.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With this lineup, Europe is favorite now. Only sure point for USA is Shane. USA best chances of winning is if Justin beats Niels and Sky pulls rabbit out of hat over Filler.
Hill hill is unlikely as there has only been one hill hill 20+ years ago and a draw more than 10+ years ago.
But what stands out is the shocking bad decision by Marcus to play Filler in 4th singles. He is probably not thinking clearly cos he badly wants his rock star boy Filler to knock in the cup winning 9 ball when Europe wins first 4 singles.
If Thorpe and Styer upset Shaw and Kaci, Europe may lose the cup without even playing their best player. He should be playing his best player earlier in first 2 singles or at worse 3rd singles so that Europe has higher chance of taking lead earlier and lessen pressure on his weaker players. Marcus is clearly inferior to Johan in the tactics strategy department.
:D

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But what stands out is the shocking bad decision by Marcus to play Filler in 4th singles. He is probably not thinking clearly cos he badly wants his rock star boy Filler to knock in the cup winning 9 ball when Europe wins first 4 singles.
If Thorpe and Styer upset Shaw and Kaci, Europe may lose the cup without even playing their best player. He should be playing his best player earlier in first 2 singles or at worse 3rd singles so that Europe has higher chance of taking lead earlier and lessen pressure on his weaker players. Marcus is clearly inferior to Johan in the tactics strategy department.
:D

I don´t think so. I think Marcus intention was to start with a strong player to tie the score.
Kaci played strong, so for him it´s more than a 50:50 match. If we win, we are one ahead, and a loss of Kazakis is not so "fatal". If not we are only one point behind. Ok, everyones prediction is a loss of Kazakis and then we are in struggle with two behind, but with Joshua and Niels two very strong and experienced (Niels) players in "backhand".

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it gets to 10-10, obviously Filler will play for Europe. I think the US has to play SVB, who has won one game out of 11 against Filler. Could Johann play someone else? I don’t think so.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
If it gets to 10-10, obviously Filler will play for Europe. I think the US has to play SVB, who has won one game out of 11 against Filler. Could Johann play someone else? I don’t think so.

Play Shane or Skyler. Tired of seeing poor safeties with 8 or 9 balls on the table.
Tired of seeing balls getting rolled in. It all comes down to the lag and breaking well. Go USA.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
He should be playing his best player earlier in first 2 singles or at worse 3rd singles so that Europe has higher chance of taking lead earlier and lessen pressure on his weaker players. Marcus is clearly inferior to Johan in the tactics strategy department.:D

Hard to figure, for Marcus went the other way last year, leading off in Match 16 with Albin Ouschan, who was in dead stroke over the first three days of the 2018 Mosconi Cup. Despite Albin's near flawless performance, Skyler jumped in the one ball at double hill to set the stage for the end of the American losing streak. Shaw played for Team Europe in Match 17, too. Marcus is trying something new here. We'll see if it works.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excuse my ignorance but is the lineup blind on both sides?

The official process is as follows:
1. Europe tells Matchroom their lineup
2. Emily Frazier runs over to Johann and tells him the Euro lineup
3. Johann tells Matchroom the US lineup
4. Matchroom announces the whole thing

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the singles go according to Fargo, the USA is in trouble. They will need an upset or two to pull this one off.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If Tyler beats Kaci will he (Kaci) have to add "In" to his neck tattoo? :D

watch out for Tyler for a much needed win.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USA's 2 best chances on paper are SVB over Alex and Bergman over Niels

So it'll likely come down to can either Thorpe or Tyler win their match.

I think Woodward is absolutely the right person to play Filler, but I still think Filler is a decent favorite.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The betting odds, according to Betonline.ag:

Thorpe +185
Shaw -215

Styer +120
Kaci -140

Kazakis +315
SVB -375

Woodward +185
Filler -215

Feijen +105
Bergman -125

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The betting odds, according to Betonline.ag:

Thorpe +185
Shaw -215

Styer +120
Kaci -140

Kazakis +315
SVB -375

Woodward +185
Filler -215

Feijen +105
Bergman -125

Maybe I should be a bookie lol

That price on Thorpe is really juicy. Kind of liking him to pull off the upset now.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't like seeing Bergman last. If Eropue wins 4 sets,it's over. Bergman should have been up front. He has played solid.

Let's hope Billy and Tyler get it done...then SVB can win it.