New Runde Rosewood 2018

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got this one in from Deanoc (my first deal on a sight unseen cue from him)...And, more interesting, I don't think Dean knew what this would be when ordered since Bob Runde hadn't built it yet. Stunning Brazilian Rosewood cue styled in the R12 vein, with sharp veneers, woods, and inlays. Love the horizontal straight grain and burl inside the windows on the sleeve.

Flat faced 5/16"-14 thread (w insert) hits real nice. The joint and all inlays are Dean's special ivory substitute, and two 12.5 mm shafts from Dean's collection of heavy shaft wood...

Special thanks good ol' Dean for helping me make the connection Mr. Runde on this one. Takes me back to my first R12 almost 40 years ago, but this one is way nicer!

Attachments

• IMG_5068.jpg
    IMG_5068.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_5069.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_5072.jpg
    IMG_5072.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_5067.jpg
    IMG_5067.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 550

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice! I have two Runde cues and I absolutely love them, great playing cues and all I’ve used the last couple years. You especially don’t see too many with linen wraps, really like the classic looks on this one!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are those the old Schon joint protectors or did those come from Bob? I could use some of those!

Chairman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The joint caps are old ones I had picked up in advance of getting the cue. Not new from Bob.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last thing I need is another cue but this is a cue I'd have gobbled up, despite being faux ivory.
Bob Runde occupies a special place in my heart & he treated me more graciously than I deserved.

His cue-making is underappreciated by most but praised righteously by knowledgeable pool players.
Bob can be meticulous beyond imagination & has mastered the craft of cue-making into an art form.

Cudos on acquiring a genuinely handsome Runde design pool cue. This darn cue uses Rosewood
instead of ebony, the white mat'l is imitation but it's still tugs at my heart strings since it is from Bob.

Congrats.on your new cue........Dean always pleases.

Matt B.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for kind words

bob surprise me too with this one

i love the cue,but i ordered myself a rather plain one
just to make sure no one would buy it and leave me cueless