HELP on ID of a Unique looking Vintage Brunswick Cue

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who has a unique vintage Brunswick like I have not ever seen.

Anyone ever seen this Viintage Brunswick and know who made it?? Or is a frankenstein of sorts with a unique butt added or etc.

I have been trying to find out if Brunswick ever had any VINTAGE cues made with the Brunswick name stamped in black in a white butt cap, with a cue that looks like a typical palmer, Adams or rich Q?? I am familiar with the logos over the years and have not seen this nor a cue like this. I have images. MOPS brass 5/16x/14 joint with white pearlized on either side i.e. on the butt and shafts. The joint screw is pointed which is typical of Rich Q's.

There appears to be 4 dark wood points on the top forearm with a mop and 4 dots in a pattern. The butt has dark brown windows outlined in white w white diamonds. And what appears to be a scalloped type of lighter colored inlays on either side of the windows which are as stated darker wood w scalloped lighter wood and darker dots within each scallop. Toward the front forearm in between the point ends are a single dark wood inlay dot.

One of the grade 5 cues in the Blue book of Cues under Rich q's looks somewhat similar without the scalloped areas on the butt, however rich q's had windows or gold stamps of their name.

BB of cue values has nothing else, under abovementioned as well as Viking, all of which have no Brunswick working historical manu relationship.

Brunswick answered the above by saying "We are unable to help you identify an old Brunswick cue. We just don't have the resources and we've produced a lot of cues over 170 years. Your best option is the "Billiard Cue Encyclopedia" or our Billiard Historian."

The billiard historian wants 30$ to do anything.. and that is just too much at tis time for a cue that may be worth very little.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,930
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2,791
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 2,378

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OLD Brunswick Q

You might try contacting Ken Hash in Maryland - at Classic Billiards . . . while Ken deals primarily in antique tables he has been around long enough that he might new able to help (401-256-8388).

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duly noted, and I agree it looks like an Adams, H eye, however the blue book of Cues doees not show that Adams ever made bruns cues. Nor Viking, nor Palmer, Rich Q, which also at the time could pull this design off. That particular PIn with point seems to point to RIch Qs.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duly noted, and I agree it looks like an Adams, H eye, however the blue book of Cues doees not show that Adams ever made bruns cues. Nor Viking, nor Palmer, Rich Q, which also at the time could pull this design off. That particular PIn with point seems to point to RIch Qs.

I have been watching the same cue. Since I first saw it I thought Adam.

The Blue Book does not actually cover such things very well.

I have seen a cue or two before with that logo on the butt cap. It looks stamped or molded in.

I think it's a pretty cool cue. For the guy that is nuts for everything Brunswick I think it is very cool.
If I had money to burn I would buy it. Hard to say how high the bidding will go. Less than an Adam branded cue, more than a china cue....but I won't prognosticate.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam definitely made cues for Brunswick,

Years, I think it was in the 1970's to early 1980's.

They had the N/B Series and a couple of others.

They also had some unusual, burned wood wrap area that were unique. These were Adam made but labeled as Brunswick. Looked like worms had cut through the wrap area, they were wrapless but had 'Weird' trails of wood that were then clearcoated over.

If someone like 'Jayman' has some pictures of these, Please post so others can check them out!!

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ChopDoc: You are 100 percent correct as I have been looking into the BB of cues as well. Could be a "frankenstein cue" of mish mash parts or a custom????

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years, I think it was in the 1970's to early 1980's.

They had the N/B Series and a couple of others.

They also had some unusual, burned wood wrap area that were unique. These were Adam made but labeled as Brunswick. Looked like worms had cut through the wrap area, they were wrapless but had 'Weird' trails of wood that were then clearcoated over.

If someone like 'Jayman' has some pictures of these, Please post so others can check them out!!

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

Not saying it is an Adam, but that company made cues for Brunswick.

http://www.mezzcues.us/history/

In the seventies, the American company mentioned above asked Miki if he could make Carom cues (wood-screw billiard cues) and Snooker cues. Then Miki began to make carom and snooker cues according to the specifications given to them, but still using Miki's own methods.

Here is a list of some cues that Miki made in the past ;

Pool cues :
Adam, Helmstetter, Stambolini, Mali, Brunswick, Buffalo etc.
Carom cues :
Adam, Longoni, Buffalo etc.
Snooker cues :
Adam, Riley, Buffalo etc.

And many professional signature cues.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Inexpensive Imports

Don't know the year but Brunswick did go to overseas production; I've seen many of that model. :(

Mario

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are a few things about the cue that make me think Adam may have made it for them.

Althair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just purchased very similar cue. Details differ, mine has more inlays. Hasn't arrived yet.
26df148bef0e2033f9ecd6d19d4e8b3f.jpg
2752f9a8d3582aebf9d7a6613f52fcf6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk