Curious Where Top Pro Players Are Practicing?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm assuming there are a number of touring pro players that live on the road that don't have a home table to practice on. Pro players generally play/practice every day, and I'm sure they are finding tables to practice on. I'm curious if they have friends with home tables, or perhaps some of the room owners where they are house pros or regularly practice at are allowing them to come in by themselves just to practice? Not everybody as access to Roy's basement!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think your question is a good one, but I would assume these people have friends to say with that have Pool Tables.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm assuming there are a number of touring pro players that live on the road that don't have a home table to practice on. Pro players generally play/practice every day, and I'm sure they are finding tables to practice on. I'm curious if they have friends with home tables, or perhaps some of the room owners where they are house pros or regularly practice at are allowing them to come in by themselves just to practice? Not everybody as access to Roy's basement!
If they don't have a table they're probably aren't playin much if any. I know Appleton is on YT everyday. He's just about in dead punch by now.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
If they don't have a table they're probably aren't playin much if any. I know Appleton is on YT everyday. He's just about in dead punch by now.

He was looking good on his vids for the last few weeks and months even, then played in the tourney the other week and got torched. Looked nothing like the calm smooth player like in his practice vids. Granted he was playing James A, but still...he should be rolling right with those guys I would think.

As far as the OP's question, I'm sure there are some who don't have a place to practice consistently but I bet they are trying to find a place to play some... I know I am jonesin... played for a few hours at my FIL's over the weekend, prob head there again a time or 2 this week as well if I can. We just have to do what we can within reason. Tough times for sure as far as this is concerned!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? So much time traveling and so much space to house it.

And -usually- so many places they can go to play...
I agree. Most of the under 40 pro level players don't likely even stay in one place long enough to bother paying rent, let alone own a residence.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Well, they better be at home or sheltering in place somewhere. Anything else is shameful.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with room owners having a few pro players at their room everyday to help clean/sanitize the place? Just because it takes 8 -10 hours 7 days a week just means that the pro players aren't very quick at cleaning/sanitizing.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear you re: under 40 players. For players over 40 I bet most of them live in a relatively cheap area and have their own table.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
a pro that cant afford a place to live and all the equipment associated with his spot is not a pro but a tag a long player with little future. and should really find a better way to live.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a pro that cant afford a place to live and all the equipment associated with his spot is not a pro but a tag a long player with little future. and should really find a better way to live.

the problem is that is likely 90% of pro players if not more

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with room owners having a few pro players at their room everyday to help clean/sanitize the place? Just because it takes 8 -10 hours 7 days a week just means that the pro players aren't very quick at cleaning/sanitizing.
Feel free to test that out. A couple bars where i live tried that over the weekend and both owners were jailed and fined.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

The selfishness of the pool player outweighs the needs of the many

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The selfishness of the pool player outweighs the needs of the many
A bit of a cheap shot to take at all who consider ourselves as pool players. It's unnecessary to single out pool players as more selfish than anyone else.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If all pros that can't afford a home suddenly quit pool, pro events would have to make HUGE changes because most all pros are dead money.

The few elite live off the masses...

Jeff