CTE Video Of The Day - #41 & #42

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
#41 Ultimate Center To Edge Aiming Secrets Part 3 (43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMmmhtZqA1U&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=44&t=0s

#42 Ultimate Secrets Of CTE Aiming - Seeing In Curves Part 4 (42)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOhTBm_CNM&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=43&t=0s

I'm going to add video #34 everyday because it is the crux of obtaining the correct visual and how to sweep into it. If you get this, you'll get CTE. If you don't, you won't.

CTE Pivot Directions and CTE Pro1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuvQT7dwfs&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=35&t=55s

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
#41 Ultimate Center To Edge Aiming Secrets Part 3 (43)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMmmhtZqA1U&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=44&t=0s
#42 Ultimate Secrets Of CTE Aiming - Seeing In Curves Part 4 (42)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOhTBm_CNM&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=43&t=0s
I'm going to add video #34 everyday because it is the crux of obtaining the correct visual and how to sweep into it. If you get this, you'll get CTE. If you don't, you won't.
CTE Pivot Directions and CTE Pro1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuvQT7dwfs&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=35&t=55s
Brilliant as always, SpiderMan. Especially adding video #34 every day since it will really help those who're just getting into the method.
You are to be commended.
Regards,
P.L.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I posted video #41 from years ago because it does in fact have a flaw in what was stated.

Later, Stan had this to say to me about it:

"That shot in the center line is a shot that I misread years back along with many others as well. I made a bunch of mistakes during my initial years of working with CTE. I learned from them. A lot.

Here’s the problem (HUMAN ERROR) not system error.

The shot is NOT a 15 I or 30 O. Shots in the middle of the table are some of the toughest to read. That came straight from Hal Houle.

The shot in the center line is a shot that I misread years back along with many others as well. I made a bunch of mistakes during my initial years of working with CTE. I learned from them. A lot."

Now, can someone who claims to know CTE explain WHAT the proper visual is? There IS a proper visual and it makes the shot 100% of the time.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I posted video #41 from years ago because it does in fact have a flaw in what was stated.

"That shot in the center line is a shot that I misread years back along with many others as well. I made a bunch of mistakes during my initial years of working with CTE. I learned from them. A lot.

The shot is NOT a 15 I or 30 O. Shots in the middle of the table are some of the toughest to read. That came straight from Hal Houle.

The shot in the center line is a shot that I misread years back along with many others as well. I made a bunch of mistakes during my initial years of working with CTE. I learned from them. A lot."

Now, can someone who claims to know CTE explain WHAT the proper visual is? There IS a proper visual and it makes the shot 100% of the time.

45-outside for any experienced user.

For non-experienced users, the ones who are strictly trying to use a precise half tip manual pivot, it's between a 30-inside and a 45-outside.

But I'll admit, the 45 O works if you don't try to be exact with the pivot and just follow your eyes to what looks correct. With the proper level of experience it works quite well.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
45-outside for any experienced user.

LMAO. I guess you haven't reached that stage yet.

For non-experienced users, the ones who are strictly trying to use a precise half tip manual pivot, it's between a 30-inside and a 45-outside.

But I'll admit, the 45 O works if you don't try to be exact with the pivot and just follow your eyes to what looks correct. With the proper level of experience it works quite well.

the 45,O is a half a diamond farther down the table.

Try again...you ain't got it yet.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
the 45,O is a half a diamond farther down the table.

Try again...you ain't got it yet.

So, the 30-I is not it, and the next progression, a 45-O, is not it either ?????

What perception is between those two?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So, the 30-I is not it, and the next progression, a 45-O, is not it either ?????

What perception is between those two?

If you really knew it like you think you do, you would have gotten it. So would the original person who picked up on it a few years back. There has never been a correction with the right visual made by anyone who knocks CTE.

An experienced CTE player would know that a 45, O is a ringer as a 3 rail bank to either corner.

Try again...get on the table if you have to.

Why is the 30-I not it?

Did I post it or is it your assumption and answer?

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
If you really knew it like you think you do, you would have gotten it. So would the original person who picked up on it a few years back. There has never been a correction with the right visual made by anyone who knocks CTE.

An experienced CTE player would know that a 45, O is a ringer as a 3 rail bank to either corner.

Try again...get on the table if you have to.

Why is the 30-I not it?

In bold....because you just posted that Stan told you it wasn't. I never said it wasn't a 30-I. I simply said ut wasn't a halfball shot like Stan said it was. Anyhow, read your own post....

I realize a 45-O is too thin. But I also realize a 30-I is too thick. I can make it either one work, like in the video Stan makes the 30-I work. That's the value of experience I suppose.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
In bold....because you just posted that Stan told you it wasn't. I never said it wasn't a 30-I. I simply said ut wasn't a halfball shot like Stan said it was. Anyhow, read your own post....

Are you getting stupid with old age now that you're over 50 or you needing an eye exam?

HERE IS WHAT I POSTED THAT YOU COPY AND PASTED:

Do you know the difference between "I" and "O"?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you getting stupid with old age now that you're over 50 or you needing an eye exam?

Larry - read the last couple of posts. Proves my point exactly. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Lol....I guess I am! That makes more sense now.

I was so displaced by Stan incorrectly calling it a halfball shot, then somehow aiming a halfball shot and actually making it, that I was temporarily dumbfounded. My bad.

Like I said, I can make it using a 30-I or a 45-O, because for me it falls dead between these two. I figure I do it exactly how Stan makes it possible to reference a halfball aim and pocket the ball, despite the fact that the shot actually requires a thinner hit than halfball in order to make it. The key is experience.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I can make it using a 30-I or a 45-O, because for me it falls dead between these two.
Picking a nit:

The way Stan has it set up it's actually about a 33-degree cut. "Dead between" 1/2 ball and 1/4 ball would be more like 39 degrees.

I guess that's why they're called "perceptions".

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lol....I guess I am! That makes more sense now.

I was so displaced by Stan incorrectly calling it a halfball shot, then somehow aiming a halfball shot and actually making it, that I was temporarily dumbfounded. My bad.

Like I said, I can make it using a 30-I or a 45-O, because for me it falls dead between these two.

You're trying to use a fractional perspective to explain CTE and that can’t be done. No way, no how. Ain’t gonna happen.

If you're able to do it with 45-O, or 30-I...it's not what CTE is about in tweaking for one or the other. There's one correct solution and the 30-I is it.

Also if you're directly behind CCB, that's not where the eyes should be. Probably why you're getting dual possibilities.

You're getting there, but not yet. You could if you wanted to but maybe the desire isn't. Too bad, another huge caliber gun could be in the arsenal.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Picking a nit:

The way Stan has it set up it's actually about a 33-degree cut. "Dead between" 1/2 ball and 1/4 ball would be more like 39 degrees.

I guess that's why they're called "perceptions".

pj
chgo

Yeah....but add another 2° or more of throw. A halfball hit on that shot hits 2 or 3 inches fat of the pocket. And the perceptions aren't 30° and 48°. The 30-I can be thinner or thicker than a 30° cut, depending on the distance between the balls. So comparing cte perceptions to fractional aim lines is apples to oranges.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So comparing cte perceptions to fractional aim lines is apples to oranges.

It's always been the case. Which works the same the other way. Fractional aim lines shouldn't be compared to CTE perceptions because they don't have the same meaning.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You're trying to use a fractional perspective to explain CTE and that can’t be done. No way, no how. Ain’t gonna happen.

If you're able to do it with 45-O, or 30-I...it's not what CTE is about in tweaking for one or the other. There's one correct solution and the 30-I is it.

Also if you're directly behind CCB, that's not where the eyes should be. Probably why you're getting dual possibilities.

You're getting there, but not yet. You could if you wanted to but maybe the desire isn't. Too bad, another huge caliber gun could be in the arsenal.

I'm not using the fractional perspective. I'm just repeating what Stan shows or explains in the video.

In another thread an op asked why his long 15's are inconsistent, hit and miss. I believe it's because he is doing the same thing I was doing when I tried learning the system. He is trying to do an exact 1/2 tip pivot or sweep. When the ob is close to a pocket, within a couple of diamonds, that works quite well. But from farther out I found that I had to just rely on what looks right, based on experience, not on producing an exact 1/2 tip pivot everytime.

Anyway, sorry to destract from you daily lessons. Carry on.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'm not using the fractional perspective. I'm just repeating what Stan shows or explains in the video.

In another thread an op asked why his long 15's are inconsistent, hit and miss. I believe it's because he is doing the same thing I was doing when I tried learning the system. He is trying to do an exact 1/2 tip pivot or sweep. When the ob is close to a pocket, within a couple of diamonds, that works quite well. But from farther outI found that I had to just rely on what looks right, not on producing an exact 1/2 tip pivot everytime.

Pro1 doesn't have pivots. Are you using manual pivots now?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro1 doesn't have pivots. Are you using manual pivots now?

I am using zero pivots, my preferred method. To me, sweeps are based on the players subjective experience, not strictly a halftip offset every time. I know Stan says differently, and you agree with him. But he says a lot of stuff, and some of it just makes no sense. To each their own though, considering how a lot of things in life boil down to what you're willing to believe, and belief is typically something created in the mind of the believer.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am using zero pivots, my preferred method. To me, sweeps are based on the players subjective experience, not strictly a halftip offset every time. I know Stan says differently, and you agree with him. But he says a lot of stuff, and some of it just makes no sense.

To you and a few others which is why the Aiming Forum is the way it is.

To each their own though, considering how a lot of things in life boil down to what you're willing to believe, and belief is typically something created in the mind of the believer.

And disbelief is typically something created in the mind of the disbeliever(s).

Until a disbeliever can play the game and shoot balls in like Stan does, I'll believe the creator of CTE PRO1 and believe what I see happening when I'm at the table as I do what I believe to be true which is also CTE Pro1.

Do you know of any disbelievers who can? No one in the FAB 5 is capable.

Which leads me to ask, if you feel the way you do, why do you now come in here every day like the 4 others talking about your disbeliefs to those who do believe? What is the purpose and goal?

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...the perceptions aren't 30° and 48°.
The "reference" alignments are fractional. How the shooter sees them is the "perceptions".

The 30-I can be thinner or thicker than a 30° cut, depending on the distance between the balls.
If you measure the fractional reference angle as if the OB is the ghost CB (don’t know why you would). Is that how you're saying CTE works?

pj
chgo

Last edited: