u.s. billiards inc, table

douglas_p76

please help if u can,, i bought a coin op table. the only name on it is " u.s. billiards inc. " made in amityville , ny. i had it recovered and the rails reglued and felted.. after only a few months of play i get bad ball hop from a few of the rails with only a moderate speed bank... is this because the glue is coming loose or what,, it is in my uninsulated garage and it does get cold in there. can the cold be bad for it,, also can anyone give me any info on these tables,, i can not find much info online about it... it is pretty old. it has the coin slot that takes one quarter laying down flat and it is 7ft.. if any more info is needed please let me know,, i also need to know what kind of cushions to put on it if i decide to get new ones.. i keep getting conflicting advise and since i can not find it anywhere online i can not search by the table brand.thanks for any help in advance

98falstaff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recovered several U.S.B. tables around here. One good place for new rails is Penguin Amusement.com. You may have to call them with some info so they will match your old rails.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
please help if u can,, i bought a coin op table. the only name on it is " u.s. billiards inc. " made in amityville , ny. i had it recovered and the rails reglued and felted.. after only a few months of play i get bad ball hop from a few of the rails with only a moderate speed bank... is this because the glue is coming loose or what,, it is in my uninsulated garage and it does get cold in there. can the cold be bad for it,, also can anyone give me any info on these tables,, i can not find much info online about it... it is pretty old. it has the coin slot that takes one quarter laying down flat and it is 7ft.. if any more info is needed please let me know,, i also need to know what kind of cushions to put on it if i decide to get new ones.. i keep getting conflicting advise and since i can not find it anywhere online i can not search by the table brand.thanks for any help in advance

Ok, just to be nice about your table, on a scale of 1-10, I'll rate it as a 2:D but on that note, the problem with your rails is the cushions set to low at the nose height...BUT, you can correct that pretty easy. The top rails on your table are mounted in place by screws going through the side panels into blocks mounted on the bottom side of the rails. What you need to do is take them screws out all the way around the body. Once you've done that the top rails will lift completely off the frame and slate, pockets and all. Take the rails off, set them aside, then grab a couple of 2x4's and lift the slate at one end first, place the board under the slate, do the same for the other end. Then, with the slate up on the boards, place some thickness's of cloth on the frame where the slate sits flat, add maybe 2 layers everywhere the slate sits. Then drop the slate back in the table, and put the rails back on. By shimming up the slate like that, the rails that sit on top of the slate...also lift up, raising the nose height with it. If you need to raise the nose height some more, do it again. Also, when you take the rails off the frame of the table, if the cushions are higher than the formica finish on the rails, take the rail bolts loose, push the cushions down flush with the formica, tighten the rails back up, and they'll stay that way when you remount the rail cap back on the frame of the table.

Hope this helps you out.

Glen

douglas_p76

thanks for that advice realkingcobra,, i will try that. but when u say cloth do u mean any kind, can i use say old rags or shirts, or should i just get some fabric so it is all the same thickness and use that,,i plan on getting it recovered again soon but i will try this before i get it recovered because if this doesn't help then i will go ahead and get new cushions if i need them. but i hope that this will fix it, it sounds like u are familiar with this brand of table, can u tell me what kind of cushions i need if that has to be done. i really do appreciate the help.. t bought this thing not knowing anything about it and the price was right at the time, of course u get what u pay for,
..and 98falstaff thanks for the web site and info
..jdxprs i am using some older aramith balls and i try to wipe them clean regularly but i have not used a washer or anything else to clean them

Dartman

Silver Member
You want to use cloth that has the same thickness. If you were recovering the table you would have excess cloth trimmed off that you could use.

douglas_p76

realkingcobra... i was just curious as to why u would give this table a 2 out of 10.. i can not find much info about this particular table so i was wondering what the cons are,,,

realkingcobra

Silver Member
realkingcobra... i was just curious as to why u would give this table a 2 out of 10.. i can not find much info about this particular table so i was wondering what the cons are,,,

That's simple...just pull up on the cushions attached to the rail cap...and the rail with cushion and all will lift up off the slate. There's no downward pressure holding the rails to the slate, the only thing even holding the rail caps to the frame of the table is the screws going through the body panels of the table into the mounting blocks on the bottom side of the rail caps.

Glen