Shaking My Head...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
but I may be missing something...

I just saw a product and I need someone to please explain the other side of this to me.

What I read and gathered is that this a ball rack costing $175 that intentionally gives shitty (loose) racks and is being advertised as an advantage for room owners who want games to take longer thereby increasing table time revenue.

Please, lets discuss.

here's the link:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=464631

best,
brian kc

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
That’s funny as I saw that too and just asked a buddy who I play with and I’m WTF is this for?!

JC

Coos Cues
but I may be missing something...

I just saw a product and I need someone to please explain the other side of this to me.

What I read and gathered is that this a ball rack costing $175 that intentionally gives shitty (loose) racks and is being advertised as an advantage for room owners who want games to take longer thereby increasing table time revenue.

Please, lets discuss.

here's the link:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=464631

best,
brian kc

Is it April 1 today?

JC

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why pay $175 for that rack, just get my friend to rack the balls.
He the worst racker in the world, we play rack your own BCA 8 ball and in a race to 7 his racking is costing him at least a game or 2.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Corey figures it out in two hours.
Joe Tucker writes a book on it in two weeks.

Within two months, a fight will ensue ‘cause somebody slips in a tight rack.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Could be interesting to play around with - at maybe $20 - $30 ... but $175??? ...

Laughing-Villains.jpg

Ponytail

...it's about consistency
Silver Member
Just don't ever get new pool balls. The balls will slowly become smaller, and will be harder to rack.

But, I guess one's born every minute, so if they can get 175.00 for them from pool rooms, then the pool rooms will be the one's who suffer.

People will either get a magic rack or something similar and rack their own (see this all the time) or people will go to a room that has decent equipment.

peace...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Or, you could just buy a pack of paper hole reinforcement donuts and space them funny. $2.39 at Staples to set up 15 tables.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
You know what would happen, right?

1. People would bring their own magic racks.
2. These shitty triangle thingys will somehow "accidentally get broken".
3. Worst case, if magic rack is outlawed, people will tap the table (ruining the cloth quicker)
4. Absolute desperation tactics, racking by hand. I can actually rack quite tightly with just my hands, especially in snooker, but I also sometimes do it when I play 14.1 by myself.

Anyhow, I don't see how this is that much worse than those awful "soft plastic" racks that many pool halls have. I can rack MUCH better with just my hands than with those cheap, idiotic things.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Ha ha ha! My first good laugh for the day! And I kid you not!

AK

Why pay $175 for that rack, just get my friend to rack the balls.
He the worst racker in the world, we play rack your own BCA 8 ball and in a race to 7 his racking is costing him at least a game or 2.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure its a joke. But if a room owner wants to encourage bad racks, all he or she has to do is pick up the absolutely cheapest plastic racks available, that are guaranteed to bend when you try to freeze the balls.