Show us your HOME ROOMS !!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's an AMF commercial model; unsure of the actual model name or vintage. I would guesstimate '40's or '50's; similar in design to a Brunswick Sport King or Anniversary. I had threaded inserts installed for the casting and skirt mounts and modified the castings and side rails (at side pockets) to accept Gold Crown drop pockets; Artemis rubber with subrails extended to accommodate and 4" sides, 4.875" sides. The shelves are shallow so it plays tight but fair. As Kerry pointed out, I built a custom light to match.

43109288661_76e1f1f740_b.jpg

Did you mean to say 4" corners and 4.875 sides? If so, that's a very tight table, no?

My understanding is that Gold Crowns came with 4 7/8" corners and 5 5/8" sides. Yours are nearly an inch tighter!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you mean to say 4" corners and 4.875 sides? If so, that's a very tight table, no?

My understanding is that Gold Crowns came with 4 7/8" corners and 5 5/8" sides. Yours are nearly an inch tighter!

Yessir. Thank you for catching my type-o. I've edited the post accordingly.

It plays tight but fair.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the Table Difficulty Factor on that puppy? I had a 4.25" corner gold crown and it played tough after the cloth broke in.

Did you get it on Dr. Dave's TDF list?
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=324408

Yes, it is currently listed #16.

rexus31 - 9':1.00, 4":1.20, 3/8":0.98, 1":0.98 - 1.15 (mid to late 50's AMF Commercial Model similar to a Brunswick Anniversary/Sport King)

My best runs on it are a 4 Pack in 8B, 3 Pack in 9B and 2 Pack in 10B. Shane ran a 5 Pack on it in 10B after only hitting in a few balls. Crazy.

Last edited:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's an AMF commercial model; unsure of the actual model name or vintage. I would guesstimate '40's or '50's; similar in design to a Brunswick Sport King or Anniversary. I had threaded inserts installed for the casting and skirt mounts and modified the castings and side rails (at side pockets) to accept Gold Crown drop pockets; Artemis rubber with subrails extended to accommodate and 4" corners, 4.875" sides. The shelves are shallow so it plays tight but fair. As Kerry pointed out, I built a custom light to match.

43109288661_76e1f1f740_b.jpg

Thank you for the information. Those pockets look brutal:eek:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously considered doing this about 12 years ago, and now wish I had! I bought what I think is a very nice Gold Crown I, which had been done-over when the previous owner got it about five years ago. New pocket castings, new feet, new pockets. rail tops are in really nice condition. It's a ball return table. Gray Simonis 860. It's hard to tell in this pic, but the aprons have been painted gray. Only things missing were the ball return box trim and the triangle holder, which I have since acquired form Classic Billiards.

Family%20Room%20with%20Gold%20Crown%20May%2010%202019%20small.jpeg

Looks awesome! Enjoy!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A current pic of mine. Just need to get my prop blade mounted above Wrigley Field and it will be done. Well...I don’t know if we ever really get done with these projects.

9e297b83bb48e4f99655b3753f14206c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Very nice!! Gold Crown 5?

Very nice indeed! Mark Gregory says the GC V is the best Brunswick ever produced. I think he helped them make the improvements, so it probably is the best.
They're actually GC2s with GC5 replacement tops - maybe the best of both worlds?

One thing I like about the GC5 is its slightly rounded rail - discourages putting drinks there :) (but chalk tends to slide off :().

My other home-away-from-homeroom has GC Metropolitans - only place I know of with them (they play fine).

pj
chgo

Last edited:

raven5000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally I’m able to contribute to this thread. My room has been in the works for about a year now and I finally have my own pool heaven. I would like to thank Glen Hancock for answering all of my questions. I would also like Donnie from west state billiards for helping me with purchase of my table. And last but not least I would like to thank one of the best table mechanics around Steve Listikow for delivery and excellent install. He really cares about everything and takes his time and does the job right!

IMG_1947.JPG58179414454__DB30F48A-F5E3-4B4A-8C8E-C47DC3DCBB8C.JPGIMG_1963.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Cove base....put some on those walls to protect a ball off table from, colliding with concrete!

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
My Room with Danny DiLiberto in the house

I have my friends over for a ring game every other week. This week we were lucky to have the great Danny DiLiberto come over and shoot some balls with us.

Attachments

• My Room.jpg
    My Room.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1,043