Votes: 57 28.9%
  • Wrong

Votes: 140 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball has created their schedule to accommodate players to attend the Ultimate 10-Ball Champinoship in Tunica on June16-20, 2013. On June 21-29, the very next week, the Southern Classic tournament will commence at the very same venue, same hotel.

Bonus Ball has nothing scheduled during the time Ultimate 10-Ball Championship is happening, allowing the players to attend, but Bonus Ball has a full schedule for Greg Sullivan's Southern Classic tournament.

Since Bonus Ball has had numerous cancellations and starts with their begin date and Southern Classic was scheduled long beore Bonus Ball came into existence, do you think this is right or wrong for Bonus Ball to have their event simultaneously with the Southern Classic?

I feel Bonus Ball should have scheduled around already-existing major events in this American fractured industry, not making players pick and choose, and especially not harming valued American promoters who have been in this racket supporting pool players from around the world for decades.

There is another school of thought that Bonus Ball should do what's good for Bonus Ball as far as the schedule.

I'm sure by now, most regular readers on this forum now how I have voted. :grin:

This is a blind poll, so feel free to vote anonymously. That includes all your lurkers out there too! :smile:

I just would like to get a sense of how the pool community feels. We have a broad representation of pool peeps on this forum. Please take the time to cast your vote. Thank you in advance! :cool:

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Finally a Poll I can vote in.

Bonus Ball has created their schedule to accommodate players to attend the Ultimate 10-Ball Champinoship in Tunica on June16-20, 2013. On June 21-29, the very next week, the Southern Classic tournament will commence at the very same venue, same hotel.

Bonus Ball has nothing scheduled during the time Ultimate 10-Ball Championship is happening, allowing the players to attend, but Bonus Ball has a full schedule for Greg Sullivan's Southern Classic tournament.

Since Bonus Ball has had numerous cancellations and starts with their begin date and Southern Classic was scheduled long beore Bonus Ball came into existence, do you think this is right or wrong for Bonus Ball to have their event simultaneously with the Southern Classic?

I feel Bonus Ball should have scheduled around already-existing major events in this American fractured industry, not making players pick and choose, and especially not harming valued American promoters who have been in this racket supporting pool players from around the world for decades.

There is another school of thought that Bonus Ball should do what's good for Bonus Ball as far as the schedule.

I'm sure by now, most regular readers on this forum now how I have voted. :grin:

This is a blind poll, so feel free to vote anonymously. That includes all your lurkers out there too! :smile:

I just would like to get a sense of how the pool community feels. We have a broad representation of pool peeps on this forum. Please take the time to cast your vote. Thank you in advance! :cool:

Jam.. Thanks for your thoughtfulness in finally getting a poll up that I can vote in.

All my friends say I shoot like a "blind man" and that was all "blind luck".

That's me. And I am a expert at it.

And my vote is? :rolleyes:

Don

armoworrior

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted that its wrong of them to force players to choose which event to attend. bb change your dates!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I'm torn on this subject - for now. I'm taking a more "wait and see" outlook. People are dropping millions into a venture, it's a free capitalist country.

If BB had not allowed alternates, I'd be more critical of it. So I'm going to wait and see. I truly don't see major tourneys being significantly affected. But I could be wrong.

It's been explained by BB why the Ultimate 10 Ball schedule was cleared, and why others weren't. Seems there's some glossing over going on and some economics being poo-pooed.

Did I like it when a competing automotive shop built 3 facilities within a block of mine? Hell no; it cost us both dearly. But these are the freedoms of our land. Life ain't as fair as a fairy tale.

KK9 <-- doesn't think anything posted on AZ is gonna make a ratz ass of difference in the matter, the "plays" are being called far away of our reach. IMO

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
i-voted-sticker.gif

Reactions: JAM

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I voted wrong in that I don't think it was a good move for them. Certainly BB can and will do what they want but I don't think scheduling against pre-existing events is in their best interests. Besides the resentments it creates, they could have used these events to promote their own game taking by vendor booths (showing even more support and goodwill to the other promoters) to put on exhibitions, sell team jerseys and ball sets, etc.

The fact that after the construction delays they went ahead - damn the torpedoes - and scheduled against other events makes me wonder if the money is getting tight so they have to get this thing going. Of course, I have nothing to base this on, just trying to understand why they would step on toes like they have when it doesn't seem necessary.

Last edited:

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
I voted right.

If the players want the BB schedule to not conflict with other scheduled events, imo they should make those known to the BB organizers, who should work with the players and schedule their events accordingly.

Otherwise, BB should be able schedule their events when they want.

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
lol.

Starting a poll and then giving a long winded explanation on why someone should vote one way..... This is laughable.

Propaganda: Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starting a poll and then giving a long winded explanation on why someone should vote one way..... This is laughable.

Propaganda: Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

You'd be wise not to enter into a debate with me.

In case you have selective comprehension, I will provide the sentence that states there are two sides to this vote: There is another school of thought that Bonus Ball should do what's good for Bonus Ball as far as the schedule.

Now, go on back to your Bonus Ball conference room and see what you can come up with next to ruin American pool.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't vote because I have no way of knowing intent.Maybe there is an explanation?

That member above my post -- meximan2469 -- stated this morning that he created the schedule for Bonus Ball to occurr the exact same time as the Southern Classic, a tournament that Greg Sullivan scheduled well over a year ago before Bonus Ball entered the United States from Canada.

Bonus Ball cancelled their start dates over and over again from 2012 to 2013. Finally, Bonus Ball gets their construction permits in order, complete their venue site, and instead of meximan2469 looking at dates of already-existing American tournaments promoted by well-respected and valued American promoters, meximan2469 scheduled Bonus Ball to overlap with the Southern Classic.

I hope this provides some clarification.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW...the poll should also include options like "No opinion", "I'll just wait and see" or maybe "I Really Don't Care at all" to also be able to somewhat gauge disinterest in the whole matter....

If folks have no opinion, then they don't vote. Problem solved! :)

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted wrong.

I've heard Nathan's explanations about cost of postponing a week etc. In the same breath, BB talks about how much $ they have to make it through the rough times, but they couldn't sweat the $13k of taking a week off.

I think it could have been done a couple different ways.

1. Although the players are employees, it would have been a good faith gesture to hold a meeting and say "ok, we have 36 players (or more with alternates), how many of you plan to attend the Ultimate 10 ball? And how many would like to attend the Southern Classic based on the convenience? Let majority rule. Either shut down for the week, or adjust your schedule to just have the teams that have full fields still in Vegas.

2. As BB admitted it was a soft launch, they could have implemented an off week in conjunction with the Southern Classic in order to work on the issues discovered as part of the soft launch.

Although the players are employees, anyone who has had a job know it's nice to feel like the employers care about what we think.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted wrong.

I've heard Nathan's explanations about cost of postponing a week etc. In the same breath, BB talks about how much $ they have to make it through the rough times, but they couldn't sweat the $13k of taking a week off.

I think it could have been done a couple different ways.

1. Although the players are employees, it would have been a good faith gesture to hold a meeting and say "ok, we have 36 players (or more with alternates), how many of you plan to attend the Ultimate 10 ball? And how many would like to attend the Southern Classic based on the convenience? Let majority rule. Either shut down for the week, or adjust your schedule to just have the teams that have full fields still in Vegas.

2. As BB admitted it was a soft launch, they could have implemented an off week in conjunction with the Southern Classic in order to work on the issues discovered as part of the soft launch.

Although the players are employees, anyone who has had a job know it's nice to feel like the employers care about what we think.

This is a very articulate post. Thank you for stating it in this manner.

I would love to read the résumé of the admin staff of Bonus Ball. You would think Bonus Ball infusing a large chunk of money into their mission would have utilized common sense to hire competent business-minded people to be making decisions such as scheduling. The way this was handled, without taking into account long-established and existing events, is amateur-ish, at best.

At least the IPT hired comeptent, experienced, talented people to handle all facets of their enterprise. Bonus Ball doesn't stand a chance to survive with this kind of administrative operation -- UNLESS they do the right thing and change their schedule.

That would go a long way with me and many others. If they don't, well, buh-bye, Bonus Ball.

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member

The part in RED is straight up propaganda.
Your poll is titled `` Bonus Ball Schedule: Right or Wrong``

You end your question and then put in a statement of your own strong feelings before barely touching on the other viewpoint.