Use any of the diamond two rail systems in actual play

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides plain intuitiveness and the two cushion mid point system, do you guys use any of the diamond two rail systems in actual play?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the time when the need arises and I also teach others how to employ it as a "guide".
At the least, you seldom, if ever, give your opponent ball in hand from missing the OB.
To not use it as a double check or as a aid for tough one rail and two rail kicks seems silly.
And I pocket quite a few balls using the diamond system so I've learned to trust it.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the time when the need arises and I also teach others how to employ it as a "guide".
At the least, you seldom, if ever, give your opponent ball in hand from missing the OB.
To not use it as a double check or as a aid for tough one rail and two rail kicks seems silly.
And I pocket quite a few balls using the diamond system so I've learned to trust it.

Which specific system(s) do you use?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides plain intuitiveness and the two cushion mid point system, do you guys use any of the diamond two rail systems in actual play?

I dont know what others call it but I use:

5 to 5, 4 to 4, 3 to 3 diamond/tic mark.

Example:

3 diamonds up the long rail from foot rail and 1 diamond out of opposite corner at head rail is the #3 (3:3) trackline to the corner at foot end of table.

It works well and is very easy to execute.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which specific system(s) do you use?

I dont know what others call it but I use:

5 to 5, 4 to 4, 3 to 3 diamond/tic mark.

Example:

3 diamonds up the long rail from foot rail and 1 diamond out of opposite corner at head rail is the #3 (3:3) trackline to the corner at foot end of table.

It works well and is very easy to execute.

I use this one quite a lot. I learned it many years ago from Jimmy Reid.
https://youtu.be/N-kSyLPoaeo
the billiard players call it the "plus 2 " system
diamond systems are pool/ billiards players friend....:)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you mean the one cushion mid point system?

pj
chgo
I think he meant the system for a two rail kick near a corner where you find the midpoint of a line between the CB and OB and then shoot parallel to a line from that point to the corner pocket. It is the same as a mirror system with two mirrors on the two rails.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I use the plus 2 system if I'm kicking 2 rails, short-rail-first, with OB near the long rail. Other than that it's feel.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think he meant the system for a two rail kick near a corner where you find the midpoint of a line between the CB and OB and then shoot parallel to a line from that point to the corner pocket. It is the same as a mirror system with two mirrors on the two rails.
Oh yeah... thanks.

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I like to use what I call "banking lanes" - a visualization of the whole range of angles and first-rail contacts that work for a given kind of bank/kick. Here's a selection of those from Koehler's "Upscale One Pocket".

pj
chgo

1-pocket bank lanes.jpg

Last edited:

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero-x Tor simplifies it hit any spot on the rail .One and two rail kicks Certainly not the onlyone but very easy to learn.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like to use what I call "banking lanes" - a visualization of the whole range of angles and first-rail contacts that work for a given kind of bank/kick. Here's a selection of those from a one-pocket book (I forget which one - apologies to the author/publisher).

pj
chgo

View attachment 521203

its from
Koehler: Upscale OnePocket

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is the 2-rail system I use personally and that I use to coach league team mates. It works pretty well anywhere on the table and is easy to remember.

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any focused number system that reverses the plus system?

Reverse = long rail, short rail path.

Note - I know the 5 corner system can be used here somewhat accurately, but was looking for any other,

Last edited: