AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does someone have a link for the
brackets for the VNEA in Vegas ?
Thanks in advance

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Looks like Vegas is no longer worth it for a team based on the numbers.

Something like 28 masters teams.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
It was tough in the open 9ball. Most of my opponents were mid 600s fargo. Not sure how they manage to stay in the "regular" category. I no longer qualify and this is my first time out here.
Plenty of stacked foreign teams in the open too.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Rules question for VNEA players.

Can anyone play in the regular Men's 8 and 9 ball?
Does the intermediate/master list only dictate who can play on which team events?
From what I have found searching, that is what it seems to be stating.

Thanks for any clarification provided.

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's something like, If you finish top 16 8 or 9 ball or top 16 teams you have to move up to intermediate for 3 years. If you don't place for 3 years you are eligible to move down to open

My first round matchup in 8 ball was a 687 Fargo in the open, international player barely got by me 5-4. Lots of monster player to overcome

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
It was top 8 get raised.
You aren't kidding about the competition. My highest rated opponent was 687 I believe. Plus I played three of the guys from Spain's championship team. I lost to Manuel twice but got the others. It seems I can no longer play with the team I brought due to being raised. There is no Intermediate or Masters 8 or 9 ball singles so I assume those divisions are open to everyone. If I cannot play in the singles next year I just won't play VNEA .

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Thank you. I guess I did not scroll down far enough to see the other singles tournaments.
Yikes that's a short but bumpy road for a fairly paltry payout. I made much more than the 1st place intermediate guy, playing in the regs.
One and done I guess.

Last edited:

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Thank you. I guess I did not scroll down far enough to see the other singles tournaments.
Yikes that's a short but bumpy road for a fairly paltry payout. I made much more than the 1st place intermediate guy, playing in the regs.
One and done I guess.

Good run! That's why I 'choose' to win the Int 8ball singles instead of 9ball! :thumbup:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I just looked up that bracket. Great job man. You got a jacket too lol.
I made a $400 saver for 2nd/3rd so I got a little extra.
Maybe I'll try the Int 9ball next year.
The opponents cannot be that much better considering the high ratings we faced in the reg. I couldn't believe guys that high would be lurking in my bracket.
I suck at 8ball. Barely make my money back wherever I go.

Glad a US player won the Int 8ball, and an AZB member as well!

I hate to put too much emphasis on ratings but what was your field like?
Packed with a bunch of 650+ monsters? Just curious.

Last edited:

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I just looked up that bracket. Great job man. You got a jacket too lol.
I made a $400 saver for 2nd/3rd so I got a little extra.
Maybe I'll try the Int 9ball next year.
The opponents cannot be that much better considering the high ratings we faced in the reg. I couldn't believe guys that high would be lurking in my bracket.
I suck at 8ball. Barely make my money back wherever I go.

Glad a US player won the Int 8ball, and an AZB member as well!

I hate to put too much emphasis on ratings but what was your field like?
Packed with a bunch of 650+ monsters? Just curious.
I won the Regular Division 9-Ball the previous year. In the end, there is little difference between the final 12 of the regular division and most of the Intermediate division. Regular division was tougher to win due to the number of matches and short race to 5. Intermediate was less matches and one game longer race, but you had to be 'on' from the start!