What is the best way to buy a new Diamond table?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call heath manning of manningcues.com and tell him Eric sent ya! He beat the price that diamond quoted me by a lot!
Looks like the Manning Cues price may be nearly $1k less for a new custom ordered 9-foot Diamond Professional table including delivery, installation, light, cloth, and balls as compared to the price I was quoted when
I called Diamond. That's a big difference - thanks for the tip!

To update this post, there is a question as to whether the manning cue quoted price does or does not include the delivery and installation fee, which I will try to clarify and update this thread, asap.

To clarify, this is an older thread I've revived, as I'm currently searching for a new Diamond table for a customer, and others on here may find this to be of benefit.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Looks like the Manning Cues price may be nearly $1k less for a new custom ordered 9-foot Diamond Professional table including delivery, installation, light, cloth, and balls as compared to the price I was quoted when
I called Diamond. That's a big difference - thanks for the tip!

To clarify, this is an older thread I've revived, as I'm currently searching for a new Diamond table for a customer, and others on here may find this to be of benefit.

I think the repost is a little misleading, how would anyone beat Manufacturer direct pricing by $1000.00?
Please enlighten us with details. Thanks

Trent from Toledo

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the repost is a little misleading, how would anyone beat Manufacturer direct pricing by $1000.00?
Please enlighten us with details. Thanks

Trent from Toledo
Very simple - I called Diamond and was given a firm price quote for the specific table, including delivery, installation, Simonis 860 cloth, a Diamond light and a set of balls.

Then I went on the manning cues website and proceeded to fill out the drop down order sheet options, including the delivery, installation, cloth, Diamond light and balls for the exact same custom made Diamond table.
The automatically generated computed price was nearly 1k less than the price quoted to me over the phone from Diamond. No, I have not yet contacted manning cues via phone to confirm that as a firm price,
but will be doing so in the next day or two.

I checked the manning cues website order form again, and to update, it's a little unclear as to whether this price does or does not include the delivery and installation fees, which would likely account for the $1k difference.
I will try to clarify this and update my original post asap.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's no surprise that in a situation where delivery and setup comprise such a large part of ultimate purchase price, buying direct from a manufacturer may not be less expensive.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sales Marketing 101

Manufacturers set a suggested retail price that they use to sell to customers. They also have a group of dealers/installers to increase their distribution and sales. This group gets a special group pricing based on various criterion such as number of units sold, etc. The dealers increase their purchase price by dollars or percent to earn a profit. If they sell large quantities they may also get a year end bonus or other bonuses. That's how dealers stay in business.

Your best price on most anything will come from dealers...not the manufacturer. Manufacturers should never undercut the dealers prices because the dealers will push a different more profitable brand.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very simple - I called Diamond and was given a firm price quote for the specific table, including delivery, installation, Simonis 860 cloth, a Diamond light and a set of balls.

Then I went on the manning cues website and proceeded to fill out the drop down order sheet options, including the delivery, installation, cloth, Diamond light and balls for the exact same custom made Diamond table.
The automatically generated computed price was nearly 1k less than the price quoted to me over the phone from Diamond. No, I have not yet contacted manning cues via phone to confirm that as a firm price,
but will be doing so in the next day or two.

I checked the manning cues website order form again, and to update, it's a little unclear as to whether this price does or does not include the delivery and installation fees, which would likely account for the $1k difference.
I will try to clarify this and update my original post asap.
To update my previous post today, I have confirmed the price difference between manning cues price on a new Diamond table and the price quote I received directly from Diamond Billiards, was less $$, but not by nearly the price
difference I had first posted, after adding the price quote for delivery and installation. The delivery and installation would still be done by the professional crew at Diamond Billiards, and considering both quotes were for the identical
new custom made Diamond table using the same delivery and installation crew, it makes this decision who to purchase from rather simple.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manufacturers set a suggested retail price that they use to sell to customers. They also have a group of dealers/installers to increase their distribution and sales. This group gets a special group pricing based on various criterion such as number of units sold, etc. The dealers increase their purchase price by dollars or percent to earn a profit. If they sell large quantities they may also get a year end bonus or other bonuses. That's how dealers stay in business.

Your best price on most anything will come from dealers...not the manufacturer. Manufacturers should never undercut the dealers prices because the dealers will push a different more profitable brand.

This. A lot of times manufacturer's don't really want to deal with the public so they set their prices high and sign contracts with dealers. Some manufacturers require territories and don't allow others to sell within that territory, some manufacturers don't care. Either way, they usually set the lowest price the product can be sold for but will occasionally add "manufacturer discounts", etc. to help boost sales during peak seasons.

If a vendor, i.e. people like trentfromtoledo, wants to charge more and you choose to pay more then that's on you but he has more time into it and will probably provide better support then an online only store. And for the record, I have zero affiliation with TFT, I'm just pointing out facts.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Not true with Diamond, the factory direct price is what most dealers sell them for. I know because I happen to be one.

00q0q_2jwvR3akmBd_600x450.jpg

I was just wondering how it could be $1k less and my premonitions were correct: it was not. Still weird the price would be any different since Diamond installs all of Manning's tables. Anyhow, I am clear now. Thanks

Trent from Toledo

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd just like to throw my $.02 in...Trent has every bit the professional reputation that Heath Manning does. Trent is a stand up guy, and as he said, he always has tables available NOW...no wait. For some customers that may outweigh saving a couple of bucks! He's also an expert Diamond mechanic! I can attest that the table sold to, and set up for Joel Cochran in VA plays spectacular! I certified Joel last October on that table! BTW, Joel is a superior instructor, as well as a good player! Look him up if you're in his neck of the woods. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ Trent...

I will be contacting you soon regarding a table. It's all part of my plan so if I put it down on here, it will happen faster.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trade ,if you have a valley olhausin brunswick. that was the best table you ever shot on offer a trade .(maybe offer to throw in a little cash.:

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 7' Pro Am in December.

I called Diamond directly. Brian Miller at Diamond told me to call Larry Schwartz. I called Larry and a week later, Larry came over with a team of big fellas and my table was installed.

The whole process was extremely easy. Larry was easy to get a hold, super accommodating and just an overall nice guy.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I'd just like to throw my $.02 in...Trent has every bit the professional reputation that Heath Manning does. Trent is a stand up guy, and as he said, he always has tables available NOW...no wait. For some customers that may outweigh saving a couple of bucks! He's also an expert Diamond mechanic! I can attest that the table sold to, and set up for Joel Cochran in VA plays spectacular! I certified Joel last October on that table! BTW, Joel is a superior instructor, as well as a good player! Look him up if you're in his neck of the woods. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

THANKS SO MUCH SCOTT!!! Means a lot to me that you would say such nice things! You are also AT THE TOP OF THE TEACHING POOL !!! Thanks Brother.

Trent from Toledo

00a0a_6zT1mhAXsrV_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is the closest Diamond dealer to Lafayette, LA?

I'm not far from you. Ordered direct from Diamond and delivery+setup was $900 two years ago.It took them maybe an hr to setup a single slate pro-am.

2 guys in a big truck from Diamond that make rounds through Texas, LA, etc.

Buy once cry once. My coworker spent about 2500 on an brunswick and he's already unhappy with it.

Electech

on the b train again....
Silver Member
I'd just like to throw my $.02 in...Trent has every bit the professional reputation that Heath Manning does. Trent is a stand up guy, and as he said, he always has tables available NOW...no wait. For some customers that may outweigh saving a couple of bucks! He's also an expert Diamond mechanic! I can attest that the table sold to, and set up for Joel Cochran in VA plays spectacular! I certified Joel last October on that table! BTW, Joel is a superior instructor, as well as a good player! Look him up if you're in his neck of the woods.

Scott Lee

Seriously? A superior instructor? Think your tugging a bit hard there cheif.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
estate sales

This was mentioned in the old part of the thread before it was brought back to life but those seeking a table should watch for them at estate sales as well as other places.

I was looking for a table but busy when a nice one in excellent shape came up for sale in an estate sale. Nine foot table, over an inch thick slate, built well. Looked like new in pictures. Should have been at least a thousand or fifteen hundred dollar table used. The sale listed it for $400! Two day sale and everything was half priced the second day of the sale. The pool table sold for $190.

Hu

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
Anybody know the going cost for an 8ft proam, and if you can get it without install.
Thanks Mike