Daugther APA Team Tshirt Design for Las Vegas

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

66737982_10216067398050864_5830556496756211712_n.jpg

Daugther , Just finished designing this (possible) new logo for Our shirts for Vegas. Needs a few tweaks from the real designers but you get the picture lol. Whatcha think?!?!

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

View attachment 525991

Daugther , Just finished designing this (possible) new logo for Our shirts for Vegas. Needs a few tweaks from the real designers but you get the picture lol. Whatcha think?!?!

I'm not big on skull art but I have to say I do like this particular design quite a bit because it's got some unique elements (at least I haven't seen these) like the flowery design in the eye sockets, the crossed cues, and the lit fuse at the top to play off the "Calm As A Bomb" which, btw, I also think is a great name. :thumbup:

lookin' good to me.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I know....opinions are like A#####s. If the team is comprised of women I get it...meaning the flower motif around the eye sockets and on the temples. The curly's on the cheeks and chin also to me add a feminine touch. The bomb idea is clever and original. I'm guessing that's the team name. The font I found to be very difficult to read though especially when I had to turn my head sideways to read the last word. Feel free to crumple up this page and throw it in the trash. I apologize for being negative but you asked "whatcha think"?
I applaud your efforts. I know it took much time and effort. Let's see other designs. By the way, My daughter is a pro graphic designer and I lived with many a rejection she got along the way. Now she works in TV doing graphic station openings as well as logo designs, some of which are for mega companies. Mitch

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw your last year's design posted while I was writing my drivel. I really like the KISS principle which it embodies. It's right in your face!!! Mitch

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I know....opinions are like A#####s. If the team is comprised of women I get it...meaning the flower motif around the eye sockets and on the temples. The curly's on the cheeks and chin also to me add a feminine touch. The bomb idea is clever and original. I'm guessing that's the team name. The font I found to be very difficult to read though especially when I had to turn my head sideways to read the last word. Feel free to crumple up this page and throw it in the trash. I apologize for being negative but you asked "whatcha think"?
I applaud your efforts. I know it took much time and effort. Let's see other designs. By the way, My daughter is a pro graphic designer and I lived with many a rejection she got along the way. Now she works in TV doing graphic station openings as well as logo designs, some of which are for mega companies. Mitch

It’s a sugar skull.

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The font makes the name too hard to read when just glancing at it and that is how t-shirts are read. I understand the font choice is in keeping with the curly layout, but comes at the expense of readability.

A pro and a con, just need to decide which is more important.

I saw Chalk like a Bomb, after turning my head.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love the Sugar Skull design (Mexican/Aztec Death Skull)!!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I thi k you could just split the Calm like a Bomb" into two parts, half wrapped around each side of the upper skull, double the font size and simplify it a little...and call it done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

View attachment 525991

I think it’s awesome, I’d leave it as is myself. The font will make people actively try to read it and can be fun.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Daughter didn't say. But I expect logo will be on Black T Shirt.

I designed a shirt for our team a while back and it was originally put on a black t shirt.
It looked pretty sharp, but I was the one that ordered the shirts so I ordered a couple of
shirts in other colors and they turned out really nice and the team and photos look
really cool with one design on several colors. I thought it might look messy, but it really
doesn't. Everyone loves them. The design on neon colors really make the all the shirts 'pop'
when you see them next to each other. Anyway, just a thought. Very cool design, by the way,
your daughter did a great job

Tshaver25

Registered
Thank you for the feed back!! It is a Sugar Skull that I added the Bomb too. We’re not a team of females but we do have 3 Mexicans on the team including the Captain who I’m dating. We thought the Sugar Skull would be a unique logo. I know the team name is kinda hard to read but I really like the composition it adds. We’re gonna enter the team shirt contest as see what happens!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Thank you for the feed back!! It is a Sugar Skull that I added the Bomb too. We’re not a team of females but we do have 3 Mexicans on the team including the Captain who I’m dating. We thought the Sugar Skull would be a unique logo. I know the team name is kinda hard to read but I really like the composition it adds. We’re gonna enter the team shirt contest as see what happens!

Awesome job, those look great!
I look forward to seeing them in action