Spelling matters!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,329

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Mike is aware of the typo and it is being fixed (webmaster issues maybe?).

Or maybe it was subconsciously intentional as Fier is Albanian for wing which would mean Mike is 'The Wing Ball' which is quite appropriate considering how often he makes it :)

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seriously doubt that it's his fault, but someone should have caught it. The fix only takes a few keystrokes.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Or maybe it was subconsciously intentional as Fier is Albanian for wing which would mean Mike is 'The Wing Ball' which is quite appropriate considering how often he makes it :)

Whether it was intentional or not that is totally cool and I would leave it like that. A great double meaning thing to have on there.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It can happen, on yesterdays stream from Snookers they flashed a sign saying if your in full screen minimize so you can see the chat.They had a contest going on. Anyhow they spelled screen with 3 e's

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
While the webmaster is fixing, he can also fix the small print Mike dechaine to read Mike Dechaine.

And fix the Subtitle under his name....Professional Pool Players??? I mean we know his head is huge but he's still only one "Player":D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And fix the Subtitle under his name....Professional Pool Players??? I mean we know his head is huge but he's still only one "Player":D

Yes while they are at it, please make sure they Capitalise first letters so it reads "Professional Pool Player"
- also can they make up their mind whether there is a "The" before Fireball
- also they should differentiate his name from his nickname like have different font for "The Fireball" or Capitalise his whole name like MIKE DECHAINE
- can they also add in brackets titles he has won and also last MC participation"

And so on................:grin:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I know they don't want me proofreading his website. ;)

It's quite obvious that Mike is not the webmaster and doesn't know how to get in there and fix things. When depending on somebody else to do those for you, it takes time. :)

I remember one time seeing a caption under Rodney's name on a website that said "pooplayer." :grin-square: It later did get fixed.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Things happen. Veteran player Bob Madenjian of Connecticut is probably the straightest shooting veterinarian ever. However, one time when he was introduced in one of his matches by the tournament director, he was described as "a twenty year vegetarian."