8 Ball Action: Filler vs. Bergman

Scrunge19

Registered
You don't have to guess. No one really asked you to. This is a pretty rude statement since these folks have been away from home for so long.

I said nothing disparaging about their decision to return home so I don’t know how you can call what I said rude. Especially since I was basically restating what Roy already mentioned about their situation. You know, their friend that they’ve been staying with for the past two months...

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad this is cancelled.
With World Cup of Pool postponed , this would have been the only big name match we are going to see for lonnngg time
Folks talking trash on Facebook saying Filler is rotation player and is scared of Bergman in 8 ball
Yet people asking for 30-40 games to take Bergman
Safe travels to the Fillers.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad this is cancelled.
With World Cup of Pool postponed , this would have been the only big name match we are going to see for lonnngg time
Folks talking trash on Facebook saying Filler is rotation player and is scared of Bergman in 8 ball
Yet people asking for 30-40 games to take Bergman
Safe travels to the Fillers.

rotation player.. i remember when he won the european championship U23 in 8-ball, it looked like childs play. filler can play flawless 8-ball. i would say JB got off the hook here

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why the one pocket match and not this one? Why was this rescheduled from the April date to mid May. Bergman offers to take on anyone in the World, and can’t get a game, WTF?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve wondered the same thing. Not sure what to make of it. 🤷

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
Yeah Berg offered to play anybody in the world playing 9 ball magic rack one ball on the spot.

That way wing ball is wired for both players and the break pretty much becomes a non factor.

Bergman knows his 10 Ball break is not world class caliber

He offered more than once to play anybody in world with those terms

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah Berg offered to play anybody in the world playing 9 ball magic rack one ball on the spot.

That way wing ball is wired for both players and the break pretty much becomes a non factor.

Bergman knows his 10 Ball break is not world class caliber

He offered more than once to play anybody in world with those terms

I get that his offer was 9-ball, magic rack, 1 on the spot and on a big table. But it seems like, when he is mentioned being in action, frequently, it doesn’t come through. I can think of several players that I would favor, over JB, in that game.

In this case, the game wasn’t what he offered but it seemed agreeable to both players. Might be his fault, might be his backers fault or might be his opponents fault. I still don’t know what to make of it. 🤷

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bergman threw down the gauntlet, and not just on one game. He said nine ball and eight ball. There were some conditions, but not many, and nothing stupid. Anyone in the world, $40,000 minimum, that's strong.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Bergman threw down the gauntlet, and not just on one game. He said nine ball and eight ball. There were some conditions, but not many, and nothing stupid. Anyone in the world, $40,000 minimum, that's strong.

Except his backer pulled down the $$$

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunate, to say the least. The skill levels and contrast in styles, would have been interesting.