We have Confirmation Danny we are waiting on you !!!

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well folks I have received confirmation from John Schmidt that he will play Danny at the expo at the 14.1 Challenge booths.

Danny we are waiting for you. Here is your chance to prove everyone your point.

The Game

20 Innings
High Run Total Wins

Rules : When John is shooting Danny can not be in the booth area.
When Danny is shooting John can not be in the booth area or use any lasers to crack ferrules etc.

There it is folks.

The challenge I have made has been answered by one but will it be answered by the other. Only time will tell.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
this is gonna be the 14.1 battle of the century, and i really love the format !!!

cant wait to see it go down in person !!!
Steve

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this works. I'll be there to watch this. If not I'll buy a dvd if it's recorded.

Glen

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
i will be there with my HD Cam, but i will not record unless i have consent by both John & Danny.

Steve

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Count me in the camp that says this whole thing has been a mess. Two guys are allowed to not like each other without being called out on the internet. Their feud was not bad for pool, because really, not many people knew or were in a position to "hurt pool" if they did know. The only thing it was good for was constructing a train wreck of a thread.

I am not blaming anyone because it was like a snowball rolling down a hill. There is a certain mob mentality that took place in the other thread which does not belong in this forum. Yes, Danny was completely at fault for beginning all this, and John had a right to respond, but after that all hell broke loose.

I've had great interactions with both these guys and reading that thread was brutal. This challenge has the potential to be a lot of fun, but my impression is that neither of these guys really wants to do it, they'd rather just enjoy themselves at the expo. And I don't see many scenarios where this challenge mends fences between these two. It's just sensationalist nonsense for us all to watch. I'm not saying I'm above it, I'm just saying I wish none of it happened.

I was going to apologize for being a downer, but I've thought about it and I don't think I have to. I've been wanting to write something like this for a few days now and just can't hold back any longer. I know both these guys are big boys and can talk for themselves, so maybe I'm out of line for saying all this. Maybe they both do really want to play. I just know that these threads have been horrible.

- Steve

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Danny asked for a month to prepare, why bait him into playing? I feel like the majority of AZB guys should go negotiate a game one time to get some perspective and respect for what it takes to set up a good game. Danny probably needs some time to practice and then convince or show his backer he's in gear.

I like John accepting the challenge, I think the negotiations need to be right now though. Danny has some things he wants as does John I'm sure. This kind of match doesn't happen over night. Let the players work it out, John will be as fair as possible and hopefully Danny buys a reflective coating for his ferrule so the lasers dont get him.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

Count me in the camp that says this whole thing has been a mess. Two guys are allowed to not like each other without being called out on the internet. Their feud was not bad for pool, because really, not many people knew or were in a position to "hurt pool" if they did know. The only thing it was good for was constructing a train wreck of a thread.

I am not blaming anyone because it was like a snowball rolling down a hill. There is a certain mob mentality that took place in the other thread which does not belong in this forum. Yes, Danny was completely at fault for beginning all this, and John had a right to respond, but after that all hell broke loose.

I've had great interactions with both these guys and reading that thread was brutal. This challenge has the potential to be a lot of fun, but my impression is that neither of these guys really wants to do it, they'd rather just enjoy themselves at the expo. And I don't see many scenarios where this challenge mends fences between these two. It's just sensationalist nonsense for us all to watch. I'm not saying I'm above it, I'm just saying I wish none of it happened.

I was going to apologize for being a downer, but I've thought about it and I don't think I have to. I've been wanting to write something like this for a few days now and just can't hold back any longer. I know both these guys are big boys and can talk for themselves, so maybe I'm out of line for saying all this. Maybe they both do really want to play. I just know that these threads have been horrible.

- Steve

Steve you are more than entitled to your opinion. It is my hope that after this event takes place (if it takes place) that it will die down.

The juvenile banter that has gone on is beyond ridiculous and in truth I am not a fan of that either however from a promotional standpoint I can not look past the ramifications of a match of this magnitude. I hope you can understand that.

In response to your comment Steve you have beyond nothing to apologize for. You have been a vehement supporter of 14.1 and our event at the expo and the billiard world is simply better with you in it.

Just my 2 cents.

Charlie

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The voice of reason

- Steve

I am 100% in agreement with you Steve. I wish this whole thing would die down. We don't need to be baiting people to try to create some sort of challenge. Reading these threads reminds me of the movie Idiocracy for some reason.

p.s. Have fun at the Expo. Stay clear of the shrapnel.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny asked for a month to prepare, why bait him into playing? I feel like the majority of AZB guys should go negotiate a game one time to get some perspective and respect for what it takes to set up a good game. Danny probably needs some time to practice and then convince or show his backer he's in gear.

I like John accepting the challenge, I think the negotiations need to be right now though. Danny has some things he wants as does John I'm sure. This kind of match doesn't happen over night. Let the players work it out, John will be as fair as possible and hopefully Danny buys a reflective coating for his ferrule so the lasers dont get him.

For the record I am not baiting anyone both players are boasting that they can beat the other.

Prove it. Simple as that. No crap no games no bullshit no lasers. If Danny needs so much time to prepare and what not etc perhaps he shouldnt be running his mouth off.

John accepted the game and is ready to go.

We have yet to hear back from Danny.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
For the record I am not baiting anyone both players are boasting that they can beat the other.

Prove it. Simple as that. No crap no games no bullshit no lasers. If Danny needs so much time to prepare and what not etc perhaps he shouldnt be running his mouth off.

John accepted the game and is ready to go.

We have yet to hear back from Danny.

You want Danny to play? Back him. Otherwise, let the players make the game. Railbird woofing is getting you nowhere.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want Danny to play? Back him. Otherwise, let the players make the game. Railbird woofing is getting you nowhere.

Really thats funny considering I have confirmation that John is ready to play. Why does he have to be backed? John isnt asking for backing so why should Danny? I mean god forbid anyone put up their own money.

SO railbird woofing if thats what you want to call it just got one top level professional ready to play.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Really thats funny considering I have confirmation that John is ready to play. Why does he have to be backed? John isnt asking for backing so why should Danny? I mean god forbid anyone put up their own money.

SO railbird woofing if thats what you want to call it just got one top level professional ready to play.

We know you're not gonna play either one, so you're railbird woofing. Getting one player to the table accomplishes nothing. Insulting Danny with your snide remarks ain't gettin' you nowhere. You may look like Don King, but you don't have his promotional skills to pull this off unless you pay to make it happen.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know you're not gonna play either one, so you're railbird woofing. Getting one player to the table accomplishes nothing. Insulting Danny with your snide remarks ain't gettin' you nowhere. You may look like Don King, but you don't have his promotional skills to pull this off unless you pay to make it happen.

Listen from the beginning I simply offered a spot to play, two referees, ball cleaner, tables, etc. Thats all. If Danny wants to play awesome if not then oh well. At least Im trying to put a stop to this once and for all. Leave it on the table I say.

Im not trying to be Don King. Like I said from the beginning I am offering a place to do this. I dont have a live stream working and I stand to make nothing from it.

Thats all.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Still don't see anything really bad for pool in this. A little trashtalking and controversy makes more people wanna watch this. I'm not worried it sullies the game's gentlemanly reputation because we all know where pool's reputation is at. It has nowhere to go but up.

I bet if you showed selected quotes from that thread to 100 random people who normally don't watch pool, you could get a handful of people curious about checking it out. Whereas if you had a polite exchange where both players agree to match up, approximately 0 random people are gonna tune in.

As for forumghost calling someone out or stirring the pot... as he points out, both players have made public claims. That opens the gates to public callouts (and public ridicule if there are any signs of backing out).

The only thing I might change about all of this is the format... I guess with 20 innings it's not a huge factor, but almost anyone can get a tough roll where they scratch off the break or the CB nestles up to another ball and there's no shot. Getting a couple of 0's this way is like -100 points.

Why can't the players simply leave the room when the other guy is shooting? It seems ridiculous but no worse than they won't even play in the same room. I also would like to see a true match that involves safety play and smart decisions, not just ball running.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
I agree

Still don't see anything really bad for pool in this. A little trashtalking and controversy makes more people wanna watch this. I'm not worried it sullies the game's gentlemanly reputation because we all know where pool's reputation is at. It has nowhere to go but up.

I bet if you showed selected quotes from that thread to 100 random people who normally don't watch pool, you could get a handful of people curious about checking it out. Whereas if you had a polite exchange where both players agree to match up, approximately 0 random people are gonna tune in.

As for forumghost calling someone out or stirring the pot... as he points out, both players have made public claims. That opens the gates to public callouts (and public ridicule if there are any signs of backing out).

The only thing I might change about all of this is the format... I guess with 20 innings it's not a huge factor, but almost anyone can get a tough roll where they scratch off the break or the CB nestles up to another ball and there's no shot. Getting a couple of 0's this way is like -100 points.

Why can't the players simply leave the room when the other guy is shooting? It seems ridiculous but no worse than they won't even play in the same room. I also would like to see a true match that involves safety play and smart decisions, not just ball running.

I totally agree. I do not believe that playing 20 innings by themselves proves anything with the type of caliber players as these two are.
We all know that they can run an unbelievable among of balls. The way they want to play is just like watching an institutional video of a player.
A real 14.1 match between John & Danny is the best way to go. Lets say best out of 7 matches going to 150. They can play over a two day period like the way that the Great players of the past use to do it. This way you can get to see all their strengths.
If they do not want to play 14.1 matches against each other. I suggest they read my last comment again:

"I do not believe this match will ever take place. When two people have such bad feeling towards each other as John & Danny. It can never be forgotten. I do not blame a person for always having those feelings toward a person. I have met people in my Life and no matter how nice you are to them. They do not like you. You can't win. It is best to keep away from them.
I am just wondering what is going to happen when they have to play each other in a National Tournament sometime in the future. I hope it's a 14.1 match and they have it on film. I'll be the first one in line to buy a copy.
You two need to stop. It is really unhealthy. Just keep away from each other and if you do have to play each other some time down the road in a tournament. Play the match like the two Great Players that you both are.
You both owe it to your Fans."

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well folks I have received confirmation from John Schmidt that he will play Danny at the expo at the 14.1 Challenge booths.

Danny we are waiting for you. Here is your chance to prove everyone your point.

The Game

20 Innings
High Run Total Wins

Rules : When John is shooting Danny can not be in the booth area.
When Danny is shooting John can not be in the booth area or use any lasers to crack ferrules etc.

There it is folks.

The challenge I have made has been answered by one but will it be answered by the other. Only time will tell.

Well, IMO, this is not so good an idea.

If we can agree, to one extent or another, that this particular tempest is about who the better player is, then that to me boils down to a match: face-to-face, mano-a-mano, two men enter, one man leaves.

As others have already said, 14.1, or pool if you prefer, is not all about who can run the most balls. It's about the confrontation between two players: ball running, defensive play, strategy, risk assessment, and demeanor. IOW, part of it is fading the other guy in the chair, as well as how he conducts himself at the table. There is not a pool player amongst us who has not won or lost a match purely because one guy intimidated the other, just in the way they confidently stalked the table and made the other guy's cojones shrivel up. So, while this could be entertaining, it won't settle the base issue of who is the better player and... this will go on.

Personally, I think two guys should be allowed to not like each other. And unless both guys are ready to play, one or both should put the other on "ignore' and go on with their lives. I also think, given the bad blood between these two, it's inappropriate for those on the rail to try and force the issue. But that's just me.

Lou Figueroa

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Well, IMO, this is not so good an idea.

If we can agree, to one extent or another, that this particular tempest is about who the better player is, then that to me boils down to a match: face-to-face, mano-a-mano, two men enter, one man leaves.

As others have already said, 14.1, or pool if you prefer, is not all about who can run the most balls. It's about the confrontation between two players: ball running, defensive play, strategy, risk assessment, and demeanor. IOW, part of it is fading the other guy in the chair, as well as how he conducts himself at the table. There is not a pool player amongst us who has not won or lost a match purely because one guy intimidated the other, just in the way they confidently stalked the table and made the other guy's cojones shrivel up. So, while this could be entertaining, it won't settle the base issue of who is the better player and... this will go on.

Personally, I think two guys should be allowed to not like each other. And unless both guys are ready to play, one or both should put the other on "ignore' and go on with their lives. I also think, given the bad blood between these two, it's inappropriate for those on the rail to try and force the issue. But that's just me.

Lou Figueroa

actually playing the regular way can be very unlucky.everytime you miss you might hook the guy etc.

playing the 20 innings way we both get the same starting shot and have a chance to control our own destiny.

believe me its a better way to find the best player.

funny thing is harriman seems to be missing the point. whos the better player doesnt matter. he thinks that if he beats me at pool,then the 99 percent on tour who cant stand him will all of a sudden think hes allright.

you lou are a good player but believe me you would have a much better chance beating me playing normal rules then the way i propose. it gets rid of luck and lets both players have equal chance to prove themselves.

plus its the only way i can play him without having to be in same room. he didnt say i cant be in same room as him ,i came up with that because im tired of his crazy excuses and lies. for example if you swipe chalk off table accidentally then after he loses he says you threw it at him.hes brutal