One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys.

Let's clear up a couple of items.

On a Bar Table I always take my Cradle hand up on the cue. Choke up about a hand length. This way I have a shorter more compact cueing action. Really don't need my big stroke out here. That means I am not at a 90 degree on my cue which in turn makes my elbow drop AFTER contact with the cue ball. Take a look at the video. My elbow drops the same distance my hand is ahead of perpendicular. This is all done by design.

I still use CTE as my aiming device. NOT Pro One!

I studied under Hal Houle for many, many years and CTE is my favorite system.
I can teach 12 differents aiming systems in Pool School but my brain likes CTE.

Thanks for understanding.
randyg

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys.

On a Bar Table I always take my Cradle hand up on the cue. Choke up about a hand length. This way I have a shorter more compact cueing action. Really don't need my big stroke out here. That means I am not at a 90 degree on my cue which in turn makes my elbow drop AFTER contact with the cue ball. Take a look at the video. My elbow drops the same distance my hand is ahead of perpendicular. This is all done by design.

randyg

In BOLD.

That's my motto, don't bring a 4.5 x 9.0 stroke to a 3.5 x 7.0 table. :) Thanks for the cradle shortening up tip. I'll use it tomorrow.

Thanks for clearing up CTE and Pro One. CTE it is.

Man, missing that 6 in the side was a surprise.

John.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys.

randyg
thanks for the reply randy
makes perfect sense
this is a question from a person not so well versed in cte vs pro one
whats the difference??

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
thanks for the reply randy

makes perfect sense

this is a question from a person not so well versed in cte vs pro one

whats the difference??

Nothing against randy of course but that would be better proposed to Stan Shuffett himself me thinks.

Tho simply put Hal’s version is much simpler “incomplete” work while Stan’s is purportedly complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing against randy of course but that would be better proposed to Stan Shuffett himself me thinks.

Tho simply put Hal’s version is much simpler “incomplete” work while Stan’s is purportedly complete.

since its randy who made the distinction
i think the answer is more relevant from him
jmho

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I beg your pardon my friend.

Hal's CTE was 100% complete as an teacher. I had to put the finishing touches on my own ownership.
randyg

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In BOLD.

That's my motto, don't bring a 4.5 x 9.0 stroke to a 3.5 x 7.0 table. :) Thanks for the cradle shortening up tip. I'll use it tomorrow.

Thanks for clearing up CTE and Pro One. CTE it is.

Man, missing that 6 in the side was a surprise.

John.

Yup, surprised me also.
Once you swing in on the shot, it's hard to miss.

I must be getting old.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should clear up another issue that bugs me

The Female announcer states that I have to THROW the 6 ball into the pocket. That I need to spin my cueball hard.

Not even close to the truth. More BS to handle.

Oh well
randyg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
randy'
one pocket john and tony in md thought it was obvious to tell you were using cte
what do you think is so obvious to show you use that method??
i just saw balls going in.....:)

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I beg your pardon my friend.

Hal's CTE was 100% complete as an teacher. I had to put the finishing touches on my own ownership.

randyg

I meant the whole maths....supposedly worked out all the nuances you know that 38 chapter book coming ....all I meant. I’m a keep it simple guy, love that Stan has thrown himself so devotedly to his work but imop that large a text should very well be more of a scientific paper. Not that that makes it easier to apply by any means.

I modified SAM years back into what I use today and have had a few others learn it over the phone....should have showed y’all all that method personally in New Orleans. I honestly believe it to be what fez and green leaf we’re doing, like a grandfather of cte. There are definitely correlating points visually between the two....or three If including pro one.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Sorry for my misunderstanding, I didn't see a manual pivot so I was thinking Pro-One.

Watching on a phone with the camera angle provided is problematic.

Learned a lesson here, never assume.

:embarrassed2:

Thanks guys.

randyg

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for my misunderstanding, I didn't see a manual pivot so I was thinking Pro-One.

Watching on a phone with the camera angle provided is problematic.

Learned a lesson here, never assume.

:embarrassed2:

Tony

Every shot was an air pivot.

Pops