sell it to buy his prune juice when he came here. You were so touched
you gave him yours.Buy this from Dean she said.I told her no,with you being
ill and raising our grandson I could not justify that. We'll give him a deposit
so he won't sell it and I will cut back on my medication, and little Jonah
said he would skip his lunch while we saved up the money.They insisted
so I did .In a short time Dean calls and says I sold that cue,I want to give
my swimming pool maintenance man a huge tip, he did a good job last
week. Don't worry he says I'll send you another next week, but you do
understand that ,that deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Well it's on the way and I'm sure G. M. will be very pleased.
jack

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Very clever, Dean is quite a guy. You jackpot are lucky to have such a great friend.

Cuebuddy....in the mood for prune juice.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a beautiful story. It illustrates how a Hoppe Tribute brings out the heart and soul of loved ones and friends. Ebony Maple Ivory have a magical influence. Just goes to show us sometimes it’s The Arrow. A man without a Hoppe Tribute is not a whole man.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't worry for Jackpot
He is now getting my Petersen tribute with the Ivory joint

He told me it was too expensive,he wouldn't feel right spending
that much,

I said what the heck you never buy them anyway

Jack bought the last Balabushka shipped out by George,and together we bought the last Gus Szamboti

Many of you like "LIBRA CUES" and don't realize Jack was the cue maker,
funny thing he made a cue exactly like the 8 point schon he is getting in the mail

Jack thought it was the best cue,ie prettiest cue Libra made

What Jack doesn't tell you is how he brought me in as a ringer to win the city championship
softball game.Made me wear the uniform for some 125 lb guy,then when he asked where I wanted to play I said shortstop next to you on second base,,but no he put me way out in right field where the lights were so dark I could not see the ball

Jacks shortstop made 4 errors and Jack blamed me when some monster knocked a homer over my head.We lost.

Then I invited him to be my partner in a best ball golf match for several hundred dollars a side.
On the front nine Jack didn't play a lick but I did and we won several bets,here is where Jack embarrassed me,When I offered him his winnings ,he said"y keep it,I didn't play a single hole"

Imagine turning down money just because he played bad.I was so ashamed of Jack.Billy would have taken the money even if he hadn't been there.Billy if you are reading this please explain to Jack,that you always take the money

Relax Jack ,I have the prettiest Schon ever made coming your way,you can borrow it till you start playing bad and want something else.

Please match up so I can stake the game while you are still young enough to play

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Don't worry for Jackpot
He is now getting my Petersen tribute with the Ivory joint

He told me it was too expensive,he wouldn't feel right spending
that much,

I said what the heck you never buy them anyway

Jack bought the last Balabushka shipped out by George,and together we bought the last Gus Szamboti

Many of you like "LIBRA CUES" and don't realize Jack was the cue maker,
funny thing he made a cue exactly like the 8 point schon he is getting in the mail

Jack thought it was the best cue,ie prettiest cue Libra made

What Jack doesn't tell you is how he brought me in as a ringer to win the city championship
softball game.Made me wear the uniform for some 125 lb guy,then when he asked where I wanted to play I said shortstop next to you on second base,,but no he put me way out in right field where the lights were so dark I could not see the ball

Jacks shortstop made 4 errors and Jack blamed me when some monster knocked a homer over my head.We lost.

Then I invited him to be my partner in a best ball golf match for several hundred dollars a side.
On the front nine Jack didn't play a lick but I did and we won several bets,here is where Jack embarrassed me,When I offered him his winnings ,he said"y keep it,I didn't play a single hole"

Imagine turning down money just because he played bad.I was so ashamed of Jack.Billy would have taken the money even if he hadn't been there.Billy if you are reading this please explain to Jack,that you always take the money

Relax Jack ,I have the prettiest Schon ever made coming your way,you can borrow it till you start playing bad and want something else.

Please match up so I can stake the game while you are still young enough to play

I wish *I* had friends like you two...

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I just have to say:

Dean is singularly one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.
Extremely fair in his transactions and business ventures,
loves a good time, plays great pool and keeps his (many) friends for a lifetime (must be a reason).
One of the true gold stars of AZB.
(btw, he doesn't send me his cues. I get his motorcycles).

Jackpot, you gotta be pretty square yourself!

Will Prout

Last edited:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
40 yrs. and still whining

deanoc;6231694 What Jack doesn't tell you is how he brought me in as a ringer to win the city championship softball game.Made me wear the uniform for some 125 lb guy said:
A few weeks ago my wife and I went to visit June and Dean. After we ate and were sitting around talking and Dean suddenly leaps up and calls all into the garage. He's standing there with his hands on his hips and his chest stuck out like he had just proven some earth shaking theory to all skeptics. We're all looking back and forth at each other and he points to a framed picture hanging on the wall, it's a picture of Dean when he's no more than 12 years old, in his little league uniform down in a position to catch a ground ball, you know the ones they make for the parents "see I guess that should prove it that shortstop was my natural position. June leans over and says to me "I sure wish you would have let him play shortstop"! I said " Believe me, so do I".
jack

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, it's nice to read a post by Mr. Stroud.
It just makes me feel better knowing he's around.

Matt B.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well,there you have
solid proof that if i had played shortstop instead of right field
jack would have won the state championship

i ask,why do you bring in a race horse (ringer) to pull a milk cart.

I even got blamed for losing the game

Next thing you know Jack will be staking someone to
play me

Now consider Wil Prout telling the world that
I play good pool>

This is the first time in my life I have been accused of this.

Ask Billy,he knows I can't make a ball

Ask Jack ,he gave me the orange crush,break and 5,6,7,8,wild at 9 ball

Will must be tring to win my 1979 Triumph,but I am having Title problems

Billy,straighten these guys out,you know I can't play.