2012 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

mmasou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New high Run of 35 today (previous 32)

This was the ugliest run but I kept making balls.

Last edited:

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
71 on video

played three matches today, playing well, but never really getting off. after 4 1/2 hours, my opponent left and i remained to practice. the result was my high run for the year, 71.

http://vimeo.com/40793545

thanks
jim

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Not playing much lately, but did surprise myself with a 49 last week (4/20).

Wink

14.1 Wannabe
Silver Member
Nice work, Brian. I have been barely hitting 20s myself lately.

If you had more time, who knows!?

Biggest problem for me is good transition. Logic is coming along well, shot choices are way, WAY better. But... I miss SIMPLE shots all the time. But thanks Dennis, it was a fluke.

I have 15-20 ball runs here and there, anything over 2 racks seems rare, if ever. Would LOVE to get back to the game I was starting to develop last year. :(

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
For *guys* who are not able to spend that much time like many others the most important thing is to enjoy the table-time. You cannot really *dis-learn*. It s just about perception. Let your eyes just show you the way,

lg
Ingo

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haskins cue

SKess:

I noted you had a cue from William Haskins. Here's mine: Haskins.jpg

Haskinsjoint.jpg

Haskinspointsphoto.jpg

DASHZNT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although its not much, it is a te to my high.. I didnt post it because i feel its insignificant but here goes anyways... 15 on 4/20. It was during a league match, so i guess it is more meaningful than just practice, i guess!

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I finally broke 50 again (only my second time) for a new high run of the year! I ran 54 last night (May 1, 2012) on an 8-foot table (average pockets). I ran 2 + 14 + 14 + 14 + 10. In the last rack, I had 3 balls tied up that I just couldn't seem to get worked out. I missed a thin cut after a failed breakout attempt.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Started finally practicing 14.1 again with the camera going. I captured a 56 ball run last night.

56 ball run --> http://vimeo.com/41586980

Ray

Nicely Done Ray !!!

I look forward to seeing some more from you. that last breakshot was one of those breaks where you cant try to get too much, just have to hit it hard enough to knock out a few.

Keep up the good work
-Steve

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nicely Done Ray !!!

I look forward to seeing some more from you. that last breakshot was one of those breaks where you cant try to get too much, just have to hit it hard enough to knock out a few.

Keep up the good work
-Steve

Thanks Steve. I really didn't think the cue ball would float down that way, but I guess I didn't put enough bottom on it. You're right though, I should've just done enough to push a few out and worked from there. Next time.

Ray

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
couldn't find enough time to visit AZB lately. Late April I ran 22 (which I somehow considered being the same as my high run for the year so I didn't bother to report here...). But on May 2 I managed to leave the land of 20ies - at last! - and produced a 30 ball run. Made a great off-angle break for the third rack (yes, it was me to blame for poor position and the shot being hard, LOL), decided to go for a promising combo from behind the rack, but misjudged it a bit (wasn't dead on). After all, now I have another number to chase, so hopefully it helps running more 20ies...

The next day, May 3rd, my pal local pro Sergey Nikitin ran 142 (14 balls short of his personal best) and did it on camera. I updated a thread about his video attempts, so pay it a visit ;)

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
couldn't find enough time to visit AZB lately. Late April I ran 22 (which I somehow considered being the same as my high run for the year so I didn't bother to report here...). But on May 2 I managed to leave the land of 20ies - at last! - and produced a 30 ball run. Made a great off-angle break for the third rack (yes, it was me to blame for poor position and the shot being hard, LOL), decided to go for a promising combo from behind the rack, but misjudged it a bit (wasn't dead on). After all, now I have another number to chase, so hopefully it helps running more 20ies...

The next day, May 3rd, my pal local pro Sergey Nikitin ran 142 (14 balls short of his personal best) and did it on camera. I updated a thread about his video attempts, so pay it a visit ;)

Very Nice Shooting !!! is the link the one thats titled "_ _ _ " ball run by some russian ?

thanks
-Steve

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

Congrats pal :)
Go Hunter Go ^^

Very nice run from Niktin btw. - i wrote you a personal message, too :)

lg
Ingo

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
74 on 5-13-12

I ran 74 today on 5-13-12 Happy Mothers Day !!

I had ran 2 racks plus 10 and missed.

So I decided to leave the table as is so I can finish out to the break shot that I had nicely manufactured and I got real nice on the breakshot and continued going from there. My run ended when I missed a breakshot at 74 that was in tight to the rack. I think the rack shared me because I really had to spin the ball a lot to make it. Ended up jawing it....ugh !

Felt real good though, I am very pleased !!

-Steve