On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I think there were only 9 to 12 players in the tournament but that is not to say there wasn't some stiff competition.

I lost my first match To woody. I played pretty bad and he played real good.

Then I caught a gear. Kind of 5-0ed and 5-1nd each match until i got to the final.

The guys name is Brian Greg. Plays pretty good.

The race is to 5 and he jumps out to a 3-0 lead. I finally get to shoot and run 4 racks of 10 ball to get on the hill. I win the last game with a real solid safe.

Then the fun started. Brian runs the first 2 racks in the second set. Then he breaks and the balls are a mess. I play safe and he hands me the cue ball not even trying to get a hit.

I shoot the 1 ball and try to go up to the other end of the table. I'm at an angle that is almost impossible to scratch in the side on the way up. The side sucked the cue ball right in.

Brian runs out the rack and breaks and runs the next 2 racks.

I got one shot with ball in hand and I scratched in the final set.

This tourny was allot of fun and the competition was great. It doesn't matter how small, you can still have a great time.

I'm sure allot of players have done this in their own poolhalls with a poor turnout.

I know this for sure. Brian Greg can play.........and he knew he was in a tough match and showed some tough right back.

Great job Mr Greg if you read this.

One man a van and the road.........

you shoulda tried him some banks after the tourney :cool:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ready to take this heath thing to another level........

After the results I am seeing from eating all real stuff and not all this processed stuff is amazing.

I played pool for the first time in a long time and felt like I was going to win. I didn't, but the only way I was going to lose was the other guy needed to keep me off the table. And he did. Race to 5 10 ball I got one shot and scratched on a freak incident. If not for the scratch i feel i could have won.

Now that's feeling powerful. Something I havn't felt for a long time.

This has been about a 4 year journey. During that time I endured major shoulder surgery on my shooting arm and a life threatening crushing under the weight of a 27' Southwinds Fleetwood class A motorhome. Multiple broken ribs and lots of internal bleeding.

During this recovery time I had to do many things to relieve the pain and just try to go on living. Living and staying alive became my number one priority in life and at times seemed kind of meaningless and impossible to endure.

Playing pool was a motivating factor in my recovery.

Little by little I have been eating better and better and the results are pretty pronounced. I played Bobby Sr after the tourny yesterday and I was really tired. I had only 5 hours of sleep the night before. Just couldn't sleep.

I not only played well up until the end of the tourny but i played well against Bobby Sr on the 9 foot diamond afterwards.

We were playing our usual race to 9 for the cash and I missed a few shots right away and I thought to myself, here we go again. So tired I can't hardly stand up and my game goes into the tank.

With Bobby on the hill and me on 1, I decided to quit whining to myself about being tired and dig in. you see I was used to going into this mode where i couldn't make anything. I just had to make up my mind to try and the results were pretty amazing. I could feel the power and I was so dog gone tired I could hardly stand up. I had a couple of tough shots and made them to get out a few times and i played some safes that kept me going also. Bobby missed a few shots and pretty soon I was on 7.

I didn't sell out I just got hooked on a shot that I did well , just a couple of inches short on the shape.

My body is getting stronger everyday. I don't know how long it will take to get there all the way but I'm up to the challenge. It's all about the body and the pool game right now. I have all the tools and know how to get there.

This is what you need to get to the end of a tournament or match up for the cash.

I have to admit that I have been pretty careful when I bet the cash because I would never know when I would go in the tank. Mentally and physically. That's about all you have to play this game with. That's the whole thing.

I will win some tournaments here in the near future. I can envision that now. This eating correctly and taking care of myself is finally paying off.

Players that knew me back in the 80's and 90's mistaken being smart and having heart. There is a difference. I know where I'm at and I know where I've been. Soon I can see I won't be afraid of my health and my game.

For about a 10 year period i busted just about every player that came up to Wisconsin to get me. they usually didn't come back. Those that did usually brought a backer or a different one. I had allot of money and I made it real tough to get. I played even with everyone that walked into Geno's saloon.

If I can keep this body together I will be making some noise here in the pool world.

In 1999 i quit playing pool. I was diabetic and didn't know it. i just knew I couldn't play anymore. too wore out.

I didn't pick up a cue again until the fall of 2008. And at 250 lbs it was tough to play for sure.

This whole journey started out with a stroke in Nov of 2008. If someone would have told me I would be where I'm at with my game and life I would have laughed.

Winning a big one would be such icing on the cake.

And that's why we play the game to win. Some of us just have to cross more hurdles and work harder to get there.

But this is the nice thing about this great game of pool that we all share. We can just go to the local poolhall and do our thing and know where we're at and feel good about it.

I feel pretty good right now and I hope my story will help motivate a few fellow pool players.

I need to get down to the poolhall and hit a few balls. I'm sure Bobby Sr will be down there to play some. This guy has more heart than anyone I have ever seen. I couldn't ask for a more Perfect sparing partner.

I'm just so thankful and feel blessed right now.

One man a van and the road...........

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Nooooooo. A Dickerson knocking anyone's action ROFL that'll never happen.

And for 1 on 1 who will probably reply, it is knocking if someone doesn't know the speed regardless.

Bobby Sr told me afterwards he's one of the top bankers in the world.............

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And for 1 on 1 who will probably reply, it is knocking if someone doesn't know the speed regardless.

Think what you want, he wasn't intentionally knocking anyone, just making a statement about how well Brian plays banks. Just giving credit to one of the greatest bankers around! Pretty sure that's no big secret...:rolleyes:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Seems to be info that Geno didn't know. Doesn't matter if everyone else in the world knows it, Geno didn't.

Think what you want, he wasn't intentionally knocking anyone, just making a statement about how well Brian plays banks. Just giving credit to one of the greatest bankers around! Pretty sure that's no big secret...:rolleyes:

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sure is! Big knock here...one guy doesn't play bank pool and doesn't play for more than 100 a set. The other guy hasn't gambled in 5 to 10 years. Kudos to you for acknowledging it!

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene,

I tried to play Steve Oaks when I was through there and he cant bet big. He needed to call this guy, and that guy, and conference with 10 people.

Embarrassing for how much he liked to talk.

Next time you come back Ill give you some action and won't have to make any conference phone calls!! :wink:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
He knows perfect aim

You do too. You just don't know that you know Perfect Aim.
My theory is that some people use Perfect Aim, CTE/Pro1 and TOI naturally.

I see great similarities in most aiming systems. They all attempt to help you find the PERFECT SIGHT PICTURE, which some people seem to be able to do just by hitting a million balls.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
You do too. You just don't know that you know Perfect Aim.
My theory is that some people use Perfect Aim, CTE/Pro1 and TOI naturally.

I see great similarities in most aiming systems. They all attempt to help you find the PERFECT SIGHT PICTURE, which some people seem to be able to do just by hitting a million balls.

Your right
But he Won't ever play like he says he will

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
The thing is he has said he would play for a lot more why?
We all know he wont

no idea why he says he'd play you for a buncha cash??! Ego thing? Maybe...but everyone knows he won't.

I'd play you for the smallest amount you'd play for Chris, cuz I can admit I won't win. But, you seem like a real stand up guy, and I like to challenge myself. Not calling you out or anything, I'm just sayin'

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
no idea why he says he'd play you for a buncha cash??! Ego thing? Maybe...but everyone knows he won't.

I'd play you for the smallest amount you'd play for Chris, cuz I can admit I won't win. But, you seem like a real stand up guy, and I like to challenge myself. Not calling you out or anything, I'm just sayin'

If we are in the same place come up and ill play you a set for 100

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
If we are in the same place come up and ill play you a set for 100

I was gonna ask you to play a couple of games of 1P when you were in town with John and Jason, but I knew you guys were looking for bigger scores than me, so I decided not to. Next time, I'll ask.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This $5,000 thing started about 3 years ago.......

Someone posted on AZ that they think that I could beat Chris Bartram.

I didn't know if i could win or not but I knew it wasn't a lock for him for sure.

Words were exchanged and a little verbal jousting and I actually had about 3 different players in Minneapolis wanted to put up the money. I was really playing good at the time.

Then I had shoulder surgery. Playing Chris was out of the question for sure for awhile.

Just when I felt I was getting back to playing well I was under my motorhome jacking it up and it fell on me.

I broke 4 ribs and punctured my right lung. I almost died and didn't even think I would be able to play pool anymore.

I'm still in pain 2 years later but it is getting better every month.

Somedays i play real good and would play just about anyone.

Then the next day I feel like I couldn't beat my sister.

My body is trying to heal but I think the biggest setback I have is I'm diabetic. Us diabetics just don't heal very good.

I might not ever get into the playing shape that i need to get into to play Chris for $5,000.

Would I like to. Sure. but if I play i am going to be ready.

I played for $5,000 plus or won over $5,000 about 7 times in my life. I won each match that I played. This is over the last 30 years.

I was always ready to play or I didn't play. And I didn't have the dead nutz. in fact I was usually the underdog so people thought.

If my health isn't right there will be no game. As simple as that.

Right now I can't play 2 days in a row without feeling I got beat up the second day.

I'm working on it though and chris will be the first to know when I'm ready.

Like I said this is extra motivation for me to get back in fighting shape.

And I'm working real hard at it.

One man a van and the road......