Whats the difference between RED, BLACK and BLUE label Diamond tables?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Most of them were corrected?
Someone came in and re-profiled them and replaced the rubber?

I doubt that most red labels have been updated. I asked RKC if I should updae mine several years ago and his response did not lead me to believe that it was worth the cost of doing so.

In the end, I think players should just learn to adapt to whatever they are playing on.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would bet my life that John's table is the factory standard red label diamond. Hell, I played on it personally just last month. It's the 2010 red label DCC TV table. I own a stock red label diamond as well. I know they changed it up for the blue label model, I just don't think that it matters much. Just imho.

Here's a link to the match I played on John's home table (post # 20 clearly shows the red label)

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12388

Anyway, it don't matter.much. it's just a game and it's sure better than going to work...:p
If you've ever watched a bank pool player banking the balls hard on every bank....ever ask yourself why? Yes, John has a red label.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I doubt that most red labels have been updated. I asked RKC if I should updae mine several years ago and his response did not lead me to believe that it was worth the cost of doing so.

In the end, I think players should just learn to adapt to whatever they are playing on.

What I told you was that if the way it plays don't bother you, then don't waste your money. But there is a difference between a red label 9ft and a red label 7ft and that is the cushions, Artemis and Diamond black, though they're both of the K55 profile, they don't exactly share the same nose height on the same sub rail bevel, so the 7fts are effected a little more.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
If you've ever watched a bank pool player banking the balls hard on every bank....ever ask yourself why? Yes, John has a red label.

Oh, I've watched John bank 'em in on me till I could stand it no more , lol. Bank pool is a dark art for sure!

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
R3placing the top rails at this point in time is out of the question as Diamond at this point in time no longer has the availability of Rosewood or Charcoal Dymondwood to build the rails for replacement, so you can scratch that option off the list. Then, with Diamonds backlog of table production, even if Diamond was to start producing the Rosewood Dymondwood rails again, all the rails they build are going to go on new table sales first as they're not going to take new production rails and turn then into used rails when will not work on NEW tabel sales. It's coming up on 6 years since Diamond made the design change which was in October 2010, 7fts was in January 2011.

But, anyone who wants their Diamonds worked on are always more than welcome to to hire anyone they want. My only advice....make sure they know what they're doing first, there's a lot of bullshit table mechanics out there that'll swear to be able to do ANYTHING you're willing to pay them for....if there's no questions asked.

And NO ONE has to hire me, that's for sure....but keep in mind, I DO have a long waiting list....ask yourselves why that is? The ONLY reason I've been off the road is because of dealing with depression over the death of my son, my mom, and my wife...but I think I have it about under control, I'll know in the next few months.

mechanics sent from diamond did mine - and yes, there was indeed a wait time of a few months.

(its not a dymondwood)

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The problem was not the cushions Joey. I've explained the problem several times in the past, I'm not explIng it again....use the.serch function.

Don't explain it to me. Explain it to Diamond.
They bragged about replacing the cushions with the Artemis and still did not solve the problem.
Oh, explain that to some mechs too. Hah!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Don't explain it to me. Explain it to Diamond.
They bragged about replacing the cushions with the Artemis and still did not solve the problem.
Oh, explain that to some mechs too. Hah!

Why, I don't have a problem getting a table to bank right. Which Diamonds are you winning about now?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Because they replaced the cushion that had nothing wrong with them as you said.

Joey....who cares, I wasn't involved with the changing of the cushions in the past. Diamond can do what ever they want to do, they can make changes if they want....that has no bearing on me, or what I do for a living.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Because they replaced the cushion that had nothing wrong with them as you said.

Ask him to explain the difference between the current Diamond cushion profile and Mark Gregory's preferred profile. It's a hoot.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ask him to explain the difference between the current Diamond cushion profile and Mark Gregory's preferred profile. It's a hoot.

Mark's preferred K55 profile cushions are Brunswick Superspeed.....and here's a little info for you.....they're my preferred cushions as well. So, if you want to try and stir something up....make sure you know something about it first.;)

realkingcobra

Silver Member

And seeing how you tried to stir the pot with your comments as quoted...exactly WHICH cushions from Diamond are you referring to....they use 2 different cushions:rolleyes:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
you're insane if you think...

haha
Ill take my red label with Dymondwood rails other a newer blue label any day. Mine banks no differently than the blue labels at the pool hall. I also enjoy these red label bashing threads. Maybe people just spew stuff they have "heard and seen" on forums and such. I could have bought either and in a side by side comparison, I bought the older one.

If you think that a red label that hasn't had the rails modified banks the same as a blue label, then you should lay off the crack...

Jaden

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
If you think that a red label that hasn't had the rails modified banks the same as a blue label, then you should lay off the crack...

Jaden

You got that right. I hated Diamonds for years because of how the balls "flew" off the rails. Even when lagging for the break, the ball came back faster off the rail that when it left the tip of my cue.

I mean, playing safety off a rail was brutal, cause the OB or CB would bounce an extra few inches you were not accounting for.

And yep, you have to adjust your game to the table, but if I play safety and do NOT hit the rail, it's a foul, so you can only slow it down so much, cause you got to be damn sure to get it to the rail.

Then I met a Blue Diamond table. Didn't even know what that meant. I was shooting on it in league, and thought, hey, this table plays good, what's up. THat's when I saw it was a blue label and found out they changed the rails from folks on AZB.

I went from a hater, to Diamond's biggest fan after that. Love the Blue Label 7 footer. Downsizing this year, and not taking my 9 foot Brunswick with me.. just gonna buy a new Diamond when I move into the new house ;)

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
And seeing how you tried to stir the pot with your comments as quoted...exactly WHICH cushions from Diamond are you referring to....they use 2 different cushions:rolleyes:

Does Diamond use the same cushion and profile that you and Mark prefer for 9ft tables?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
It's pretty easy to adjust for most banks on a red label...

You got that right. I hated Diamonds for years because of how the balls "flew" off the rails. Even when lagging for the break, the ball came back faster off the rail that when it left the tip of my cue.

I mean, playing safety off a rail was brutal, cause the OB or CB would bounce an extra few inches you were not accounting for.

And yep, you have to adjust your game to the table, but if I play safety and do NOT hit the rail, it's a foul, so you can only slow it down so much, cause you got to be damn sure to get it to the rail.

Then I met a Blue Diamond table. Didn't even know what that meant. I was shooting on it in league, and thought, hey, this table plays good, what's up. THat's when I saw it was a blue label and found out they changed the rails from folks on AZB.

I went from a hater, to Diamond's biggest fan after that. Love the Blue Label 7 footer. Downsizing this year, and not taking my 9 foot Brunswick with me.. just gonna buy a new Diamond when I move into the new house ;)

Once you understand what the original intent was, it's pretty easy to adjust for most shots..

The design is actually to eliminate the problem of the contact point and angle in/angle out.

If you just aim center ball, angle in/angle out on a red label, it will typically follow pretty close to that for most shots, not hitting overly soft or hard not withstanding. The main problem is that what had to be done to get there doesn't translate all that well and you end up the problem you described as well as a couple of other problems. It also allows you to do some things that you can't on a blue label or a gold crown, but it's still not my preference, especially the bar boxes.

Jaden

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Fact:

A used, unfixed 7' red label is still worth more than any used GC.

and...............................?????? Is there a point here or just merely an opinion?

I would certainly hope that that statement is factual, Diamonds are the most popular table with serious pool players right now. Cheap Gold Crowns are good for me and probably many others too, I doubt I would have a 9' foot commercial table at home if I had to pay used Diamond prices.

Its interesting that someone mentioned that the Red/Blue label difference is more noticeable on 7' tables, those are the only Diamonds I am familiar with. One place we shoot has 4 Red Label and 2 Blue Label Diamonds, its a good place to compare them, there is a very noticeable difference between them.

Last edited: