AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Franko, can you give me any details, price and expectations I should have from
Your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played on some red labels that don't play bad at all and I've played on some that was absolutely horrible

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If a Red Label Diamond is refurbished with brand new, 2018 rails from Diamond, does that make it play like a Blue Label table? If not, what would?

Also, what is a Black Label Diamond? Does that exist?

Please do yourself a favor and call Diamond and ask about a "top replacement."

They take your old top and replace it with a new top (i.e. blue label rails). The bolt holes/base of the table are exactly the same.

I have a 9' Professional model with "oak" stain and the new top matched up perfectly.

(I think there is some confusion here because the other option is to have a mechanic modify/cut your existing rails to the blue label specs/profile.)

;)

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please do yourself a favor and call Diamond and ask about a "top replacement."

They take your old top and replace it with a new top (i.e. blue label rails). The bolt holes/base of the table are exactly the same.

I have a 9' Professional model with "oak" stain and the new top matched up perfectly.

(I think there is some confusion here because the other option is to have a mechanic modify/cut your existing rails to the blue label specs/profile.)

;)

Thanks Miller!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So If I understand this thread correclty these are my options:
Note I have a red label bar box (Rosewood Diamondwood Pro-AM)

1. Order new top from Diamond.
2. Plan trip to Florida and drop existing rails off w/ Mark Gregory then pu on way home
3. Wait for Glen to come through my area and feed him till he's done.

Freight back and forth to Diamond factory has got to be expensive. Indiana to NY

4. Sell table and by 9ft.

I believe RKC trained one of the mechanics in the PA/NJ area that might be a closer option. I forgot the name, I'm sure RKC will give you his information if true:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one is from left field:

You Red label owners that are considering paying 1k to 2k to convert the table to Blue label.... would any of you consider converting the top to a GC Superspeed spec instead? Its probably the exact same work for a mechanic, just different cushion to glue on, and different bevel angles to cut. If I had a Diamond Red, and wanted to keep it, I would personally go this route. "Bruswickize" a Diamond:)

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

You Red label owners that are considering paying 1k to 2k to convert the table to Blue label.... would any of you consider converting the top to a GC Superspeed spec instead? Its probably the exact same work for a mechanic, just different cushion to glue on, and different bevel angles to cut. If I had a Diamond Red, and wanted to keep it, I would personally go this route. "Bruswickize" a Diamond:)

You g*dDAMN communist.

Okay, that did it... I will try to give you the 6 for some VERY CHEAP sets at Derby, to at least TRY to punish this malfeasance.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Too easy.
The original Diamond had Superspeed cushions. Then went with Championship then Artemis.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Franko, can you give me any details, price and expectations I should have from
Your experience?

See post 38 for work and price. If there is a negative it is you have to wait till they are going to have someone in your area. I was lucky they were able to do it it within 3 months. I have had a lot players on my table from average to top A players and all love the the way the table plays.
Good luck I hope it all works out well for you.