Whats the deal with Accustats?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As most here know I am a supporter of pool and the folks that make contributions to our sport.

I try to buy a little from a few dealers each year at DCC to support, and that always includes getting some DVDs from Accustats.

I ordered a couple DVD at the end of JANUARY and here it is mid MAY and yet to get them in the mail.

Yep, I called and talked to them about a month ago, and got an excuse of being busy and I told them I appreciate what they do, but would like the DVDs that I ordered.

I paid in advance, and I guess with what has become common practice of cuemakers maybe Accustats is following suit.

Disappointed,

Ken

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
As most here know I am a supporter of pool and the folks that make contributions to our sport.

I try to buy a little from a few dealers each year at DCC to support, and that always includes getting some DVDs from Accustats.

I ordered a couple DVD at the end of JANUARY and here it is mid MAY and yet to get them in the mail.

Yep, I called and talked to them about a month ago, and got an excuse of being busy and I told them I appreciate what they do, but would like the DVDs that I ordered.

I paid in advance, and I guess with what has become common practice of cuemakers maybe Accustats is following suit.

Disappointed,

Ken

If you've seen any 2019 US Open 9 ball matches in the pit, there Pat sits, center section doing his stats for that match.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Disappointed,

Ken

NO EXCUSE for that. What does it take to slip a few DVDs in an envelope? They dont even have to go to the Post Office. If you've got so much business, GET HELP!

Edit-Perhaps i jumped the gun if these DVDs hadn't been produced yet like if you were requesting matches from the DCC. It is still bad service but not outrageous.

Last edited:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just ordered a Grady Matthews 14.1 dvd and received it in a few days. The same with anything else I've ordered in the past.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered a Grady Matthews 14.1 dvd and received it in a few days. The same with anything else I've ordered in the past.

It seems likely he is having trouble PRODUCING the newer matches and not getting existing matches in the mail-If so, that is more understandable but not great service still.

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never had a problem with Accu-Stats in 25 years. Have you spoken to Pat Flemming directly?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Disappointed,

Ken

Ken,

Have you spoken with Pat directly?

Keith

ETA: Woops, see above.

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken I am not in anyway disputing you here.

But I have dealt with Pat/Accu-Stats since 2002 (when I first started playing). I have always gotten great service from them so this is a total shocker to me.

I hope you get this all settle out quickly.

Pete

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same with me. Pat has always been aces. All the DVDs I have ever ordered arrived in less than a week. He answers the phone and is always answers any questions I might have about Accu-Stats products and pool in general.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ditto

I have bought many VHS and DVD videos from Accustats; Pat and his brother have always been gracious and excellent to me, in their business regarding customer service and satisfaction. I am also one of those who is very surprised that you are having problems with them. I once stated that every business should be as responsive and good with customer service as they are. I hope this is not changing; I think Accustats has contributed immensely and immeasurably to the game, especially when you consider the historical value and documentation they have made possible in classic pool matches of the past.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even if they dropped the ball here, they deserve to be spared the tar-and-feathering in consideration of meritorious service

i'm willing contribute to your reimbursement if others are also willing. .

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Usually is around 2 months for the new videos to be editted for DVD.. Depends on the number of hours of video that was shot for a particular event and how much edit is needed which varies by match which could add or reduce time so to answer the "question" this is not out of the ordinary for anyone who has bought the event DVDs at an event or during the special... Looking like they will be ready to go end of next week. Well the edit will be done.. I have no idea of how long the list is for those who purchased vs how long each set takes to burn....

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll give another example here to back Ken up.

I have about 40 accustats DVDs which I’ve purchased over about 5 years. Always fast service up until this spring. I ordered 4 DVDs. They arrived in a few weeks, which seemed slower than usual. One would not play correctly so I emailed accustats. After about a week I emailed again. Then Pat replied and said he had tested the other DVDs of that match and they have the same issue. He offered to send me a different dvd.

So I emailed asking for another dvd. About 10 days go by again and I emailed again. Got a reply acknowledging my request and then the dvd arrived.

I’ll continue to buy accustats DVDs, and I subscribe to the streaming service, but this spring Pat does seem distracted more than previous years.

Jeff

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have bought many VHS and DVD videos from Accustats; Pat and his brother have always been gracious and excellent to me, in their business regarding customer service and satisfaction. I am also one of those who is very surprised that you are having problems with them. I once stated that every business should be as responsive and good with customer service as they are. I hope this is not changing; I think Accustats has contributed immensely and immeasurably to the game, especially when you consider the historical value and documentation they have made possible in classic pool matches of the past.

I met pat at the 1992 straight pool us open in New York City, All I can say is
A CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have pretty much stopped buying DVDs because my life has changed to the point where my pool watching is rarely done at home, or in one complete sitting in front of a tv and dvd player.
Sometimes, if I can get to it, I'll watch a dvd but then if I can't finish it there it may be a few days until I can find the time to watch another section.

That's why I've been an accu stats subscriber on vimeo. They have over 210 compete videos and growing. I'm currently getting through some of the international 9 ball Open I missed, and they just added the 5 part series of matches between earl Strickland and Mike Siegel that was held recently at Sandcastle.

Between that and YouTube, the content is overwhelming.

But I'll always cherish my dusty old DVD collection.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even if they dropped the ball here, they deserve to be spared the tar-and-feathering in consideration of meritorious service

i'm willing contribute to your reimbursement if others are also willing. .

I got plenty of money….not a issue.

I just want the DVDs I paid for/

Ken

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the old matches, commented by Grady and Billy. I put them on the gameroom big screen as I practice. Great background listening. Just like Jeff Lebowski sleeping while wearing headphones listening to a bowling tournament.