Question

Elmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Gold Crown 5 with the gully ball return and I have noticed that one of the side pocket boots is hanging balls. It does it about once every 12-14 balls. The rest of the table is fine. Is there any fix for this? Or should I contact Brunswick and ask for a new boot?

When you say hanging balls do you mean it gets caught up at the lower throat of the boot?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I bought a Gold Crown 5 with the gully ball return and I have noticed that one of the side pocket boots is hanging balls. It does it about once every 12-14 balls. The rest of the table is fine. Is there any fix for this? Or should I contact Brunswick and ask for a new boot?

There is a "lip" on the gully boot and can be trimmed off. If that is not it: Look an see if there if the track is touching the bottom of the boot.

Trent from Toledo

Anthony_Beeler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a "lip" on the gully boot and can be trimmed off. If that is not it: Look an see if there if the track is touching the bottom of the boot.

Trent from Toledo

34afd5100f6f9246592235cc4b0b729a.jpg

Very interesting...is that the trim line? I’ve got the same exact problem he has...If so what size Allen wrench do I need to loosen the pocket from the rail? And should I just use a razor to trim it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pull out the boot and use a course Dremel drum to trim it down. That’s all it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
34afd5100f6f9246592235cc4b0b729a.jpg

Very interesting...is that the trim line? I’ve got the same exact problem he has...If so what size Allen wrench do I need to loosen the pocket from the rail? And should I just use a razor to trim it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a 5/32 allen. you can use a razor or what ever to trim off the little bit, we can adjust everything when I am down that way!! Talk soon

Trent from Toledo