Wayland C Marlow III aka Skip

Jason Marlow

I would like to Remember My Grandfather who died Sept 25th 2002. known for Many Projects, Principals, Theories, Equations, in the Area of AeroPhysics, QuantumPhysics and Lasers and Optics,

But his true passion in life other than Family, had been Billiards, sailing and Archery, Which as a Physicist he applied many of life's lessons to his passions.

But as far as Billiards go..Many of you have known him for his book " The Physics of Pocket Billiards" 1994 still being Circulated ..( side note) Bob Jewett has a few copies..He has also written many articles based on the Physics in such magazines as "Pool & Billiards Mag"

I think that is is so wonderful that even almost 17 years after the book was written and 8 years after his death that people are still talking and quoting his book. Just last week on this site I saw many quotes and conversations..Also there is enough worldly information in the book that "Dr Dave" used the book and its equations in his paper " The Amazing world of Pocket billiards".

Thank you all so much for remembering him and the continual usage of his equations and theories in your lives.
" You are not truly gone, til everyone who has ever know you, is gone too"

Thankyou
Jason Marlow-

Jason Marlow

Still being honored by VooFoo Studios' new Playstion PS3 game Hustle kings

please read the entire interview..

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/23/hustle-kings-interview/

...excerpt

"For the really difficult stuff we had to rely on other peoples work. Luckily for us there was this guy Wayland Marlow spent years researching exactly how billiard balls react with one another and with the table. We use his research extensively in Hustle Kings to get the motion of the balls as close to real life as possible"

Jason Marlow-

Last edited: