SirBanksALot

platypus

SirBanksALotJr
Silver Member
As some of you might know and many others who now know, our beloved Keith is no longer with us. He passed away on Feb 1 of this year. Im sorry i wasnt able to inform anyone sooner. As the only other pool player in the family I was able to obtain some of his cues and cases, so they are in safe hands now.

I want to thank everyone who has ever had the pleasure of knowing and being in the company of my father. He was a beautiful old soul and an even better father to my brother and I. He gave up hustling the pool halls in phoenix when i was about two years old, just so he could raise two boys. It seems, that is what he always did when it came to Scott and I. He would drop everything to make our lives better. I hope he knows how much we appreciate him.

Some of my fondest memories of him and I are around a pool table. I cant recall my age at the time but i remember being just high enough to finally see the balls on top of the table and actually hold a cue standing on the floor. I can very clearly remember him showing me the proper way to make a bridge. I will never forget that, as it is the same bridge i use today.

Another cool memory with him, Once in awhile he would take me down to a pool hall somewhere and load me up with quarters to play video games, while he would go shoot pool. After a few hours he would come and get me to go home. As we were leaving, i can recall us walking to the car. He was counting his cash he just hustled and i was counting the quarters i hadnt spent. He usually made out ahead! lol

Sooo...If you were a friend of Keith's (SirBanksALot), or knew him from the local pool halls he frequented share your stories. I know he touched alot of lives in his short years and i only wish i could have got to know him better than i already do

A few weeks after he passed i wrote a letter to him, im sure you can imagine what a son can want to say to his dad when its too late. I am going to type that letter and post it here so his memory will be here forever and maybe others can appreciate it too

Michael

platypus

SirBanksALotJr
Silver Member
Pic of Keith and youngest son Michael before I lost a bunch of weight

Attachments

• pops.jpg
    pops.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 481