"Anwar Cues" LD shaft review....

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good review and comparison..
just curious where anwar located?? anyone knows??

He is Indonesian guy. One of the famous cue maker in Indonesia, and maybe he's now at top of the list. There are 3 famous cue maker in Indonesia afaik.

dhanboy

Registered
He is Indonesian guy. One of the famous cue maker in Indonesia, and maybe he's now at top of the list. There are 3 famous cue maker in Indonesia afaik.

i went to anwar while i'm in indo..
and ordered one for me, he watch me play on his old brunswick table..
and make special spec for me.

while i'm in there i also rebalance my mezz SP while i'm waiting his creation, also make shaft for my friend.

i have to say his philosophy of making cue is amazing have a chat with him, acknowledge of all my question why his creation so special for me.

he let me try one of his cue,,it hit solid and dead straight

very recommended to all players

mljl

Registered
Wolven
I'm not sure of your review of my shaft. Is this a uni-loc joint? If so I did not make it. Never have - never will. If this was a modified old shaft all bets are off.
Mike L.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wolven
I'm not sure of your review of my shaft. Is this a uni-loc joint? If so I did not make it. Never have - never will. If this was a modified old shaft all bets are off.
Mike L.

Yes, it is uni-loc. You did make it or someone has some explaining to do. I bought it from Billiardswarehouse. Remember?

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry !!!! never made a uni-loc. Don't even own the inserts to do it.
Mike L.

Another member of the forum talked to you on my behalf, about making an exception in regards the uni-lock.
If you didn't make it then the store that sells your equipment has misrepresented the situation.
My shaft has your logo on it.
I was told you did the work.
Interesting turn of events.
What do you think?

mljl

Registered
I have made less than 6 laminated shafts for cues other my own. Not really interested in doing this Several 5/16x14, several radial, several 5/16x18. They all had a 3/8" black phenolic ring with my logo. No uni-loc jointed shaft has ever been made in my shop.
The price for me to do a lam. shaft with a uni-loc joint would be $500. Is this what you paid?
Mike L.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have made less than 6 laminated shafts for cues other my own. Not really interested in doing this Several 5/16x14, several radial, several 5/16x18. They all had a 3/8" black phenolic ring with my logo. No uni-loc jointed shaft has ever been made in my shop.
The price for me to do a lam. shaft with a uni-loc joint would be $500. Is this what you paid?
Mike L.

No, I paid the listed price of $250 for your shaft as per billiardswarehouse add.
In that case it looks to me like they took your shaft and replaced the joint.
Despite the fact that I was told you did the work.
This is starting to raise my blood pressure.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
FYI, 6 months later and after very limited to no use of my shaft the finish has cracked on my shaft down by the joint.
Does not affect it but this is the first shaft that I have ever had that did this.

dhanboy

Registered
FYI, 6 months later and after very limited to no use of my shaft the finish has cracked on my shaft down by the joint.
Does not affect it but this is the first shaft that I have ever had that did this.

is tht the clear coat cracked?

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Yes. It is the clear coat. Odd thing is it goes all the way around the joint where the silver ring is. I should take a pictute and post it sometime.

minohc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
finally last week I received my anwar shaft!

I asked the shaft with these specs:

-weight between 113/115 grams
-medium/standard hardness
-ferrule diameter 12.75 mm
-standard material of ferrule, long 15mm
-tip Kamui Original S(not black tip, but the clear) or moori medium
-29" long
-joint 3/8-10(is for a jerry olivier cue) with ring, see the pictures
-diameter at the joint 21.55 mm
-black collar with ring at 6mm from end, see the pictures
-total size of the black collar is 9mm(6before ring and 3 after the ring)

Some pics:
IMG-20130109-00037.jpg
IMG-20130109-00038.jpg

Almoust all requirements have been met, and the shaft is very well done.

To be precise: only fault that can be reported is the verniche above the ring that does not seem to be very smooth (maybe did not drain very well). However, a detail not very relevant.

Another two little details are the weitgh(slightly heavier, 118 gr) and the size of the black collar a little longer of what i ask, other details not very relevant, but it's correct tell all the truth.

About the gameplay: the shaft squirts very little, almost seems to be playing with a 314-2, gives perhaps too much english as I am used to, but that could also be the new tip.

Very reactive in the draw/follow shot, very easy to learn (very similar to 314-2).

The profile is a cross between the "pro" and conical.

About the feel of the hit, it's halfway between a predator and a standard shaft, very more "alive" than a predator, imo.

If I'm not mistaken you can choose wood soft, normal or hard.

It was the first purchase that I've been on medium/normal wood.

If I'll buy another, I think I would try with a hard wood and total conical to reach the compactness of hit of a standard shaft.

Very recommended product and great way to conduct the purchase of the seller.

Mino

Last edited:

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Thank you for the review Mino...it really help me alot to improve on the product...:smile::smile:

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
finally last week I received my anwar shaft!

I asked the shaft with these specs:

-weight between 113/115 grams
-medium/standard hardness
-ferrule diameter 12.75 mm
-standard material of ferrule, long 15mm
-tip Kamui Original S(not black tip, but the clear) or moori medium
-29" long
-joint 3/8-10(is for a jerry olivier cue) with ring, see the pictures
-diameter at the joint 21.55 mm
-black collar with ring at 6mm from end, see the pictures
-total size of the black collar is 9mm(6before ring and 3 after the ring)

Some pics:
View attachment 260775
View attachment 260776

Almoust all requirements have been met, and the shaft is very well done.

To be precise: only fault that can be reported is the verniche above the ring that does not seem to be very smooth (maybe did not drain very well). However, a detail not very relevant.

Another two little details are the weitgh(slightly heavier, 118 gr) and the size of the black collar a little longer of what i ask, other details not very relevant, but it's correct tell all the truth.

About the gameplay: the shaft squirts very little, almost seems to be playing with a 314-2, gives perhaps too much english as I am used to, but that could also be the new tip.

Very reactive in the draw/follow shot, very easy to learn (very similar to 314-2).

The profile is a cross between the "pro" and conical.

About the feel of the hit, it's halfway between a predator and a standard shaft, very more "alive" than a predator, imo.

If I'm not mistaken you can choose wood soft, normal or hard.

It was the first purchase that I've been on medium/normal wood.

If I'll buy another, I think I would try with a hard wood and total conical to reach the compactness of hit of a standard shaft.

Very recommended product and great way to conduct the purchase of the seller.

Mino

Nice review:)!